Calling ALL Republic Guilds

Ranautus

Hi guys, before the trolling begins I just want to say this is a semi friendly message. Looking to bring some of the Republic Guilds together for Alliance purposes to help put an end to some of this epeen garbage about what guild is best and who's guild is at fault for a warzone loss. At the beginning my guild Shards Of Alderaan was a center for this. We had bad apples that caused infringement with some of the friendlier guilds we aligned ourselves with. Im hoping to bring a close to that chapter and bring the guilds together to help make pvp and pve event more enjoyable. I have tried speaking in General chat during gameplay, but that does nothing but lead to trolling. I'm hoping that guild leaders and officers can have a sit down together and discuss the situation of pvp on our side and let the individual leaders of the guilds speak to their members so we can try and make things more competitive. Right now the state of republic pvp whether your in a pug group or not is bad. If your in a 4 man premade you still need to rely on those other four people across from you to play as a unit. Same thing with a full pug group. I understand not always will we win and I am fine with that, but the way we lose is what bothers me. We lose due to epeen and what I call THE HERO factor. 1v1's, leaving a node unguarded when you know there's no one there to back it up. Giving up on a node before it's capped etc.....

So to bring this to a conclusion I'd like to talk to those who are interested in being competitive again in pvp and work out differences between the guilds to do so. We all bought this game to enjoy it and have fun. No one bought this game to fight and argue with other folks. Lets leave that to the children and the grown folks step the game up a notch!

An interesting read, but going to be near impossible to make any headway with this. The republic side is overloaded with extremely mediocre players, with extremely fragile egos.

Also, I'm not even entirely sure what you mean by this post. An alliance?

Edited by SOULCASTER

Well Alliance is something I used loosely. Can't really form an alliance as we are all Republic players lol. But what I would like to do is make our faction better by forming better strategic groups I guess is the word for it. We have a lot of egos that make things bad for us as a whole, and like I was saying in previous post I would rather the guild leaders speak to individual members of theirs guilds to prevent trolling. That being said I would like to hold a meeting or we can use this post as a way to try and get things organized. I don't think we have mediocre players on our side. There are bad players on both sides. Our problem is mainly that we refuse to work as a team. There are too many chiefs and not enough indians lol. Hopefully we can remedy that. I mean there is always going to be an ego problem, but I would hope people would rather win or people would rather put up a fight than bend over and take it! :) Edited by Ranautus

Well Alliance is something I used loosely. Can't really form an alliance as we are all Republic players lol. But what I would like to do is make our faction better by forming friendships?? I guess is the word for it. We have a lot of egos that make things bad for us as a whole, and like I was saying in previous post I would rather the guild leaders speak to individual members of theirs guilds to prevent trolling. That being said I would like to hold a meeting or we can use this post as a way to try and get things organized. I don't think we have mediocre players on our side. There are bad players on both sides. Our problem is mainly that we refuse to work as a team. There are too many chiefs and not enough indians lol. Hopefully we can remedy that. I mean there is always going to be an ego problem, but I would hope people would rather win or people would rather put up a fight than bend over and take it! :)

I think this is the wrong server for this kind of mentality. Though I do applaud your effort and initiative! I also want to apologize in advance for any foul experiences you have with any of my guildies, as there is no way I could police this band of hooligans. Also, I support almost all of their trash talking, as while it is rare, its often warranted when dealing with nightly warzones filled with neck bearded mouth breathing window lickers. :)

I think this is the wrong server for this kind of mentality. Though I do applaud your effort and initiative! I also want to apologize in advance for any foul experiences you have with any of my guildies, as there is no way I could police this band of hooligans. Also, I support almost all of their trash talking, as while it is rare, its often warranted when dealing with nightly warzones filled with neck bearded mouth breathing window lickers. :)

LOL yeah figured it can't hurt to try. I also encourage some trash talking, what would a game be without it lol. I don't think any one member of a guild can control someones action, but at times a guild members words are always better received than that of a strangers in gen chat.

Thanks for the post. I think it is interesting as well and it will be hard to make this happen. However, I think we could do some things together to make our side better at PvP. We do have good players on the pub side. If we could find a way to get them together that would be awesome. My guild has been getting a bad rap lately and I would love to prove to the community that TAW is a respectable guild. If we can try and respect each other on the forums and in game instead of bashing each other that would be best. Trash talking is part of the game as long as it is respectful. I am guilty of letting emotions get to me. ***Off soap-box sorry***

I would like to propose that we have a TS3 server that the PvP guilds can join and when, say, you only have 2 people on and another guild has the same we get together and run. I think it would be a good way to get together, meet some people, and have more control over who you PvP with. If this is something the community wants and is willing to join the server I will purchase and maintain it. Guild leaders and their officers will have permissions within the server. Let's make this happen. We did it on The Ebon Hawk and it did ok till server transfers were announced.

However, I think we could do some things together to make our side better at PvP. We do have good players on the pub side. If we could find a way to get them together that would be awesome. My guild has been getting a bad rap lately and I would love to prove to the community that TAW is a respectable guild. If we can try and respect each other on the forums and in game instead of bashing each other that would be best. T

I would like to propose that we have a TS3 server that the PvP guilds can join and when, say, you only have 2 people on and another guild has the same we get together and run. I think it would be a good way to get together, meet some people, and have more control over who you PvP with. If this is something the community wants and is willing to join the server I will purchase and maintain it. Guild leaders and their officers will have permissions within the server. Let's make this happen. We did it on The Ebon Hawk and it did ok till server transfers were announced.

This is great!! The kind of response I'm hoping to get from more of the republic leaders. I would totally be up for helping run and maintain a TS3 server. On HoG before server merge there was a big imperial TS3 that they all used to communicate on, so why not us? :) This is an awesome idea. I hope to see more of our leaders step up on this post. Like I said in my previous post. Yes everyone wants to win, but that is not always a guarantee, it's all about how hard you fight and stick it to the enemy that is remembered. The enemy team wont remember players they steam rolled, but they will remember players that made them have to dig deep for a win or that put up a decent enough fight to make them break a sweat.

If anyone wants to contact me in game my characters names are all in my sig, feel free to leave me a mail if you don't want to respond in here, but I'm liking where this is going so far. I have myself subscribed to this thread so if you leave anything I shall be quick to response.

Some of the republic side players that are solid are guildless such as myself. However we are VERY few. Aside that, most of the republic guilds that I have grouped for pvp many times in the past are not very good.

I am not trying to be mean or rude about it but this is an honest assessment of the situation from someone not in a guild as you get much more insight of the situation to what is going on than being in a guild.

I honestly do not know what guild is very good for the republic side regarding to pvp. The imperials have all the solid players so there is currently a massive influx of good to bad player ratio between imp vs republic.

I would love to form an elite core of players, say about 10 people. If I did that the republic could start winning a lot more matches and start getting rid of the mentality that imperials always win attitude which is currently in place at this time.

Correct that and everything will start to get better for the republic side. However though, I do not know who the republic's best are.

Edited by Captain-Luke

I myself have run into a good majority of republic pvper's there are quite a few tbh, the only reason people like yourself wont see them is due the team vs the hero complex. On the republic side there are a lot of people that tend to want to be the hero, while on the imperial side they tend to play more objectively and as a team. Since launch of this game I have been on both sides. I have seen both good and bad players on both sides. The only reason we lose to Imperial players is because we don't play objectively and we refuse to play as a team.

For instance right now everyone still thinks you need to kill the healers first at ALL times.... this is not true in some cases. With the buff to sorc/sage it is more important to take out that high priority dps first then get on the healer and follow the original suit on down. We won't attack marked targets ever which is insane if you ask me. How do you miss the guy with the big ol reticule over his head. We wont call out inc calls till its too late, and in huttball ugh I don't even want to go there lol. All the side battles I see going on in huttball are enough to make you throw up.

So for me as a republic player being a subscriber since launch, and a few of my own guildies would vouch there are many a good republic players they just need to be structured and organized. And thats where this post comes in. I have tried myself on fleet many times to discuss strategy and play styles with people only to get trolled about how you shouldn't pug. Even in a premade you will lose if you can't rely on the four other players along side you to hold up their end. I happen to think I'm a damn good Guardian and Ming-Vodo a damn good healer. Vev from my guild is also a great scoundrel healer. With the two of us together in matches 9/10 we can put up a good fight against 5-6 guys but we need help. There are others I would name, but I'm not here to boast or brag. Just hoping to get some reliable guild leaders together and work on a strategy to get our pvp structured better so we can be more competitive.

Like I said earlier I don't care about winning or losing, it's how I lose that bothers me. I don't want to be steam rolled and the Imperials be like meh those Republics ain't ish. I want to leave a lasting impression that we tried hard and we made them work for their win.

I honestly do not know what guild is very good for the republic side regarding to pvp. The imperials have all the solid players so there is currently a massive influx of good to bad player ratio between imp vs republic.

If you do warzones every night, and I'm sure you do, you should know which guilds are good. Pretty much, all of the republic guilds that have done rated pvp for months on end (you'd have to play to know), are good republic guilds to group with.

And if you're looking for a competitive republic pvp guild. Feel free to check out our recruitment:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=674855

The list of bad republic guilds, would take me a while to type out... :eek:

Edited by SOULCASTER

I like the idea of a pub side pvp TS3. I don't know if it will fix much of what is wrong with pub side pvp, but I like it none the less. The reason I don't think it will help, is that I think we usually have a lot of newer players and as a result they do not know how to play objective based pvp. This leads to a lot of deathmatching in the pit and fighting on the side of a node in NC while the other team is inside capping it. If we could get people in there at the start of matches, then I think it could help some. Otherwise, it won't matter much if you get guild leaders together, because most, not all, of the baddies are the unguilded, 24k health green gear wearing newbies that just don't have a clue what they're doing.

I agree that there are a great deal of bad GROUPS! I don't think there's a such thing as a bad guild tbh. It's up to the guild leaders to try and help make their teams within the guild better. Whether that be to craft augments and kits or helping them get datacrons. I'm currently in a turnover phase with my guild and am getting everyone geared up and running everyone through the datacrons even those on fleet. If we can help each other out it might go a long way. Some people are looking at this the wrong way, its not a matter of good vs bad guilds its a matter of republic players as a whole. Even if there is one bad group that gets steam rolled that says that republic players are meh and can all be steam rolled. I don't think that one team should have to deal with if we could all take orders or even pay attention to whats being said in the wzs we would be more competitive! There are a lot of different areas on this forum that can help you be better at what you do. There are some great guides on this forum if you feel lost and don't want to sound like a nub in game. You just have to be willing to be better and go do the research.

When this game first came out I did not pvp for a month because I wanted to know exactly how each wz went. What was the strategy and what was needed to be a competitor. When I finally stated playing and pvping I got my gear pretty fast I was one of the lucky ones who had to deal with the random roll system LOL from back in the day to get gear. I had a full set in almost a week. Back then tho teams were more reliable and more competent. Now a days people can't be relied on to even make a call out on a node or at times or you call out and you can't rely on your team to rotate in time. Then heres the kicker Where was the call out????? This is what I'm trying to rectify, but if people don't care trust me I wont be upset or cry about it. I will just keep working with my core group of members and get them strategized and keep going on watching everyone complain in gen chat on fleet on how bad republic players are, but when you are given a chance to change that you spit on it.

I like the idea of a pub side pvp TS3. I don't know if it will fix much of what is wrong with pub side pvp, but I like it none the less. The reason I don't think it will help, is that I think we usually have a lot of newer players and as a result they do not know how to play objective based pvp. This leads to a lot of deathmatching in the pit and fighting on the side of a node in NC while the other team is inside capping it. If we could get people in there at the start of matches, then I think it could help some. Otherwise, it won't matter much if you get guild leaders together, because most, not all, of the baddies are the unguilded, 24k health green gear wearing newbies that just don't have a clue what they're doing.

This is true. If we don't get people in there before a match starts so you can talk strategy it may not help much, but it's a lot more responsive than people talking in chat box I have noticed. When I'm in vent with a team the response time to a call out vs the response time to a callout in chat is almost 5x faster. Far as people not playing objectively or not being able to reach those unguilded I can't do much about that atm cause like I said speaking in gen chat leads to trolling. But i do have ideas on how to help those I can actually speak with on how to play objectively and how to get your guildies to follow suit. There a more people guilded than unguilded atm and if I can reach that group than its better to have not reached any at all.

As a republic player, It feels like I must comment to the plight of the republic on pot5. We had some amazing generals in the past, ones who even republic pve mobs would listen to, but now we are just a sad remnant who cannot even get the message across to scoundrels that scamper should be used on cd. I hope one day we can wipe our own donkey.

P.S. Pst Insomniaq from hi im mvp, he might be our next honorable leader that even Mao Zedong would look upon with envy

Ok thats it. In spite of this thead, I had to come back and post here.We've lost 2 games in a row now that we HAD WON, but lost in the final minute of each game due to failure pugs.

If you're currently queueing for warzones, and you see me in group with you, and you suck...i'm going to let you know.

/sigh I hate republic pugs.

Edited by SOULCASTER

Hell, if this is about making guilds competitive again, then PAX could use some pro tips. We are just now forming a pre-made team and I would like to progress a lot faster than we seem to be progressing. We do fine against PUG teams, but you let a good guild come in and we struggle. Since we are new at trying to put PAX on the roster for RWZ, we could sure use any tips we could get.

Also, in WZs it is a policy for us to not belittle other players outside of casual trash talk. Against PAX rules. We can talk trash, but it has to be in good taste. So you *shouldn't* be seeing any PAX members conducting themselves like this. In the mean time, we expect to struggle for awhile against the other well established PvP guilds until we finally get our crap together. See ya soon.

Hell, if this is about making guilds competitive again, then PAX could use some pro tips. We are just now forming a pre-made team and I would like to progress a lot faster than we seem to be progressing. We do fine against PUG teams, but you let a good guild come in and we struggle. Since we are new at trying to put PAX on the roster for RWZ, we could sure use any tips we could get.

Also, in WZs it is a policy for us to not belittle other players outside of casual trash talk. Against PAX rules. We can talk trash, but it has to be in good taste. So you *shouldn't* be seeing any PAX members conducting themselves like this. In the mean time, we expect to struggle for awhile against the other well established PvP guilds until we finally get our crap together. See ya soon.

Honestly, if you or anyone, wants to improve and get better as a team, you must first be good individuals. Meaning first and formost, you need gear. Maybe not epic min/max conqueror. But you need at least full partisan. Then you need to know how to play your class/role. If you are a tank, you should be top protection every match. If you're a DPS, you should be top 3 in damage each match, etc. Those are the goals to shoot for.

If you can't yet obtain those goals, you need to start looking elsewhere for help. Likely outside of your own guild. Check YouTube vids or forum guides. Ask players that are beating you on the same class or spec that you play, on how you can improve your own game play. Learn about rotations, and which abilities to use before others, etc.

Once you have all that down, and you are now topping the charts in your respective field, you can move on to team work. Practicing who's guarding what node, who's guard swapping, who's peeling, who's moving into position for a pass, etc etc. Those are the steps required to become a good and competitive player.

Edited by SOULCASTER

Honestly, if you or anyone, wants to improve and get better as a team, you must first be good individuals. Meaning first and formost, you need gear. Maybe not epic min/max conqueror. But you need at least full partisan. Then you need to know how to play your class/role. If you are a tank, you should be top protection every match. If you're a DPS, you should be top 3 in damage each match, etc. Those are the goals to shoot for.

If you can't yet obtain those goals, you need to start looking elsewhere for help. Likely outside of your own guild. Check YouTube vids or forum guides. Ask players that are beating you on the same class or spec that you play, on how you can improve your own game play. Learn about rotations, and which abilities to use before others, etc.

Once you have all that down, and you are now topping the charts in your respective field, you can move on to team work. Practicing who's guarding what node, who's guard swapping, who's peeling, who's moving into position for a pass, etc etc. Those are the steps required to become a good and competitive player.

Appreciate the tips. We'll get there soon enough. The group of guys we put together for this seem extremely serious about getting this off the ground. It should only be a matter of time.

As a republic player, It feels like I must comment to the plight of the republic on pot5. We had some amazing generals in the past, ones who even republic pve mobs would listen to, but now we are just a sad remnant who cannot even get the message across to scoundrels that scamper should be used on cd. I hope one day we can wipe our own donkey.

This is truth all day long. A lot of the folks playing these classes are only playing them because they look cool or a friend has told them that they should try this class out. They put no effort into learning how to play that class, and what classes they counter balance. I on my Guardian when playing focus am bad at taunting and I'm not going to lie. I have been playing defense and vigilance for 2 years where I rely heavily on using protection so I have it worked into my rotation. As Defense spec I can't rely on my other team members to do dps so I have spec'd into focus. Now you would think my taunting traits would carry over, but NOPE lol. Im having to relearn my rotation for everything all over but my aoe taunt is used always on cd. Might not be oppurtune times like it would be if I was spec vigil or defense, but It will never be off cd. Its the one ability I have that I always see is never up lol. Also if more people did taunting I learned today (this goes out to everyone who has always cried about smashers) that smash damage is highly reduced. A usual 10k smash is nuked to almost 5.5k that's almost a 50% decrease in damage. I plan on doing a write up on a later date about playing the objectives and the different roles for them. Just hope people will pass the message on and people will listen.

One more thing, if you guys need someone to do group pvp or whatever. Let me know. I use Vent, TS and Mumble. Been doing team pvp for about 15 years now. It's always fun destroying Imperials.

Send me a tell or let me know by in-game mail. My character's name is Wahl.

Edited by Captain-Luke