If Social gear becomes BiS ...

...Then whats the point of even having raid gear ? I mean , since you will be able to craft social gear that has an armor slot AND possibly an Augment slot , that means raid set gear becomes obsolete !

So , i guess in patches they either A: Have to introduce more variety of social gear sets for us to mod or B : Make all the bosses drop nothing but high level weapons , mods-enhancements-armaments and augments !

I realise the need for some people to look as iconic as they want in the Star Wars universe , but that could be done with a "Style " tab that most superhero MMOs have . IMO thats abit of a clunky way to implement freedom of style in the raiding community .

/endrant

...Then whats the point of even having raid gear ? I mean , since you will be able to craft social gear that has an armor slot AND possibly an Augment slot , that means raid set gear becomes obsolete !

And how do exactly people fill those armor slots?

Raid gear will not become obsolete for the same reasons it isn't obsolete now - because high level mods are bind on pickup.

Raid gear will not become obsolete for the same reasons it isn't obsolete now - because high level mods are bind on pickup.

Some are not.

You can get lvl 25 (58) mods/enh from bosses that are boe.

nope, high level mods drop in raids and are tradeable. Any half wit noob that does dailies will be able to have the best gear in the game by just buying mods off the GTN.

Edited by Melacon

nope, high level mods drop in raids and are tradeable. Any half wit noob that does dailies will be able to have the best gear in the game by just buying mods off the GTN.

Yeah, you're right, forgot about those.

Isn't it the case though that only mods drop through these? As I understand, you probably won't be able to get armoring / barrels / hilts that way, don't know about enhancements.

Yeah, you're right, forgot about those.

Isn't it the case though that only mods drop through these? As I understand, you probably won't be able to get armoring / barrels / hilts that way, don't know about enhancements.

The only ones I haven't seen are barrels and hilts, all armor, mods, and enhancements drop and are tradeable atm.

25 armoring are stil not BiS... why? cause they have the same stat as the armoring in a rakata piece of armor but without the "set bonus"...

so BiS will be a "Critical crafted orange item with armoring from a rakata piece and 25 mod/enhancement and lvl 50 purple augument..."

yep u can BUY the piece of armo... the mod... the enhancement... the augument... but if u want the BEST armoing u have to run the ops and drop the item with the armoring inside... and have it given to you... no other way to acquire the 25 armoring with the set bonus ;)

or u can just buy the 25 armoring that drop out of karagga and soa and be happy with your "quite but not yet" BiS item

The bonuses on some of the sets are horrible... Take Op healer for example -4 energy cost to Rn and 15% crit chance to infusion...CRAP

crap or not... if u have to chose betweem the same stat and having the bonus or not having it at all... obviously having a bonus will always be the better choice.. even if that bonus is a total crap that come's into play once every 1000000 skill u use... ;)

Best in slot means BEST... not lmost the best... but the real best the only thing that u will never ever change no matter what u drop... and the 25 armoring from the rakata armor is better than teh 25 armoring dropped by karagga/soa because they have the same stat PLUS the bonus... ;)

Who the **** cares if the mods that drop now aren't BoP, that has nothing to do with removing the armoring/hilts/barrels/color crystals/mods/enhancements for dropped raid gear in 1.2.

The dropped gear is BoP so anything you remove from it is BoP. That's the way it is with the things you can remove now, that is the way it will be when they allow removal of the base mod as well. This will just create demand for crit-crafted oranges giving meaning to several crafting professions.

The op is nonsense.

Edited by jmdatcs

It won't eliminate high end tier gear... because set bonuses actually transfer with the current armoring of the item.

However, to use current gear as an example- you can use columi gear and remove armorings with the setbonus but you will be unable to do so with Rakata. So anything Columi and lower can be used.

So , i guess in patches they either A: Have to introduce more variety of social gear sets for us to mod or B : Make all the bosses drop nothing but high level weapons , mods-enhancements-armaments and augments !

I realise the need for some people to look as iconic as they want in the Star Wars universe , but that could be done with a "Style " tab that most superhero MMOs have . IMO thats abit of a clunky way to implement freedom of style in the raiding community .

/endrant

Except that you can't craft mods with set bonuses. Those are only available through raid drops.

It won't eliminate high end tier gear... because set bonuses actually transfer with the current armoring of the item.

However, to use current gear as an example- you can use columi gear and remove armorings with the setbonus but you will be unable to do so with Rakata. So anything Columi and lower can be used.

Wait, so we won't be able to transfer Rakata armoring to cosmetic clothing? If that's the case, then Bioware hasn't fixed the issue of everyone looking the same.

Edited by Belcorwyn

Social gear is like a shell for mods and armoring and enhancements.

Also, you forget that social gear doesn't have augment slots. Only crit orange armors and weapons will have augment slots, so Social gear will NEVER be BiS.

Also, if you think getting a full set of 140/58 armorings/enhancements/mods is going to be easy, think again. On my server they go for about 600k+ each. So, it would be 1.8m for armoring/enh/mod + about 200k+ for augment PER PIECE. And you won't have the set bonus.

So, if you want THE BEST, you'll have to do operations.

Edited by KinkyFluff

Where did you get that information? According to the dev's, all purple gear will have removable armoring/barrel/hilt (including bracers & belts)....in a recent dev post, they said it basically made all purple gear "modable", as you can take the armoring/mods out of some lvl 25 purple belt and put in end game armoring/mods.

As other's have said, this doesn't seem to reduce the need to do Ops at all, just means people now get a nice 150k bill for mod stripping after getting their shiney rakata.

And yes, Armor/Mods/Enchance do drop in Ops that are just as good as rakata, but without the Set bonus. For some classes, like Op healer and Jugg dps, this means nothing, as those set bonus's are worthless. For others, like Sin Tank and Merc Dps, that's pretty huge.

And another thing, I'm not certain about other servers, but on ours, you very rarely ever see those Rank 58 armor/mods/ench on the GTN. My guild has been doing NM OPs every week since new years, and we still haven't gotten enough of the things to sell any but the worthless Patron ones and a few Tank ones on the GTN.

They have a low drop rate, not dropping every time, and if it does, only 1, making it harder. And in the case of the enchancments, the good ones will rarely leave a guild, as it's BoE and someone could use it, as they are mostly either better than Rakata's, or have a worthless stat like Acc or almost as bad, alacrity, which is very rarely going to be BiS for anyone.

Maybe it's diff for high pop servers, but I don't think we need to worry about people getting BiS w/o ever stepping inside an OP, and even if the stuff is available, only for certain classes with bad set bonus, and that's only if they don't make a new set bonus.

Of course, it's pretty easy to get 95% of the way geared int his game already, seems it takes only 2-3 weeks on average to get someone in full rakata after hitting 50.

And as mentioned before, Social Gear will likely not have the augment slots that critted oranges will have, so Social Gear will never be BiS.

On the off hand that it does have augment slots, you still need to raid to get the raid gear so you can rip the mods out of it to put into the orange/social gear.

This does leave me the question of what is the point of Social Gear, if no augment slots, no one will use it at end game. So it's only for while you're leveling, and you don't actually have the social rank to buy the gear? Makes little to no sense to me.

I don't know for certain but they made it sound like through crafting it would be possible to add augment slots to existing gear. That would allow for social gear to get an augment slots also so the limitation would not be crafted gear.