Why pay early access when BitRaider removes the advantage

Vaerah

Helllo,

I feel downright cheated.

I have purchased a subscription with the precise intention to play early access and due to this absolutely useless piece of software my computer is downloading the update capped at 512 kilobits per second.

I have started updating yesterday during downtime the second the download became available. In the early years the game would patch in 1 hour, 2 tops.

Now with BitRaider it's close to half early access GONE and game is still downloading despite I have left the computer running the whole night.

I can see videos, download whatever else at 10-20 MB per second no problem, ONLY SWTOR keeps downloading at exactly 512 kbps.

I have learned about this BitRaider thing just 2 hours ago. I played when it was not implemented yet so I did not know about its existence. So I am at 89% downloaded game so far, it's worthless uninstalling it now, and have to re-download everything again.

Reading their website, the only thing this software is made for, is to let players play before the full contents are fully downloaded.

So, why at 89% download I can't even play my level 20 alt, which is not even using the new expansion?

Why exactly, are we imposed this slow piece of software that fails at the single, only thing it's made for?

While it still brings in an host of issues including ultra-slow download speed?

Edited by Vaerah

Reading their website, the only thing this software is made for, is to let players play before the full contents are fully downloaded.
The only thing you can do before the game is fully downloaded is play the four starter planets.

Just remove bitraider.

The full download will suck but you'll be much happier going forward.

Edited by Rankyn

In the early years the game would patch in 1 hour, 2 tops.

I would never claim, that BitRaider were working flawless or were a good choice at all, but to me the game DID patch in less than 30 minutes yesterday. To be honest, it was the fastest update that I can remember, each 4.x update had taken me a lot longer to actually get into game. Same for my buddies in TS.

9/10 times patching problems are related to BitRaider. It's a third-party program they chose to tack onto their launcher, therefore it works very shoddy.

Google

I HATE BITRAIDER STAR WARS

Find the thread on the Answers HQ. Follow the instructions. Yes, it's pure HELL because you must download the entire game again, but 1. it will go faster than it did with Bitraider and 2. You will never have Bitraider launcher problems again.

BIOWARE, PLEASE GET RID OF BITRAIDER ITS HORRIBLE AND MORE TROUBLE THAN ITS WORTH!!!!