Sith Sorcerer or Assassin?

Leoxastarth

I know I know this must have been asked many many times already, but I'm seriously torn so much between these two while at the same time being desperate to settle down in one, so I just want to ask people; in the context of 6.0 between Sorcerer and Assassin, speaking strictly as a DPS that likes both group content and warzones, which would you play and why? What feels most 'fun' and flashy to you etc? Any insight into how you guys view the classes would be appreciated a lot.

i would say assassin is more fun IMO, its melee range and that keeps you moving.

while sorc just stands mostly still because of casting times.

i've heard from some people that assassin is better in ranked warzones if your interested in that.

in my own experience i do alot of dmg in pvp and feel like a god.

i cant talk for pve yet...

Having played both I find Sorcerer to be more fun running around shooting lightning at everything for the win. That said that is just personal opinion, and there is nothing wrong with assassin. I just prefer sorc.

So why not to one of each and see which you like more?

Edited by TheGreyRanger

• 3 weeks later...
I have both Sorcerer and Assassin at 75 it's just I want to settle on one to gear up, but it's proving really difficult choosing.

Gearing is easy now, all ilvl 306 gear is bound to account or legacy or whatever, so if you get one to 306, you can easily transfer all of it to the other and get 306 appropriate gear for that spec or get one to 306 and then run vet or master FPs and just get a 2nd set quickly and then work on a set if that's what you want.

In other words, play both! :)

I have both Sorcerer and Assassin at 75 it's just I want to settle on one to gear up, but it's proving really difficult choosing.

Why not both?

Once you have a full 306-character you can keep using that one and get gear for the other one (bound to legacy).

Don't need to go from 258 to 306 again.