Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Penetrating Blasts Bug

DarkDoz
10.20.2016 , 04:48 PM | #31
I made a new Gunslinger for Dark & Light at L55 and it works fine.
When I get on my Sniper Marksman L65 it continues to have the Penetrating Blast Bug that does not knock back anything.

Make me wonder if the issue is with The Shadowlands server if other Sniper are not have the issue?
The Shadowlands server
Dozinator L65 Scoundrel DPS Dozi L65 Scoundrel Healer
The Shadowlands server
Lost'Her L70 Sniper DPS Lost'Him L70 Operative Healer

NeoNSoNicXJR
06.01.2018 , 06:12 PM | #32
Devs this is still an issue and its been years imperial sniper marksmanship penetrating blasts (usually) does not fire all 5 rounds but rather bugs out and fires 4 rounds ever since you changed the animation for penetrating blasts please fix!

Also players that are aware of this issue should file bug reports in-game since this post had over 5,000 views and still no fix!

Also an admin should probably sticky this until its fixed!

Thank you for your time!

Gyronamics
06.01.2018 , 07:37 PM | #33
So since you've had three years worth of time...

Have you managed to produce combat logging of the claim you are making.

It was asked of you several times.

If you don't understand combat logging I can describe how you can do it.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018

NeoNSoNicXJR
06.05.2018 , 10:16 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
So since you've had three years worth of time...

Have you managed to produce combat logging of the claim you are making.

It was asked of you several times.

If you don't understand combat logging I can describe how you can do it.
it fires 4 rounds instead of 5. no combat logging needed.

Also, its the devs that had that much time to fix it, and its still broken for snipers i noticed nothing wrong on my gunslinger but when they screwed with the animation for snipers its been broken ever since,, tahts 3+ years. try a sniper for yourself to find out.
(no offense please dont take it as so, i just dont have time to be messing with additional crap when people with eyes should have just seen by now that it is broken,, anyone who plays sniper who is not trying to get it secretly nerfed/broken knows this!)

Gyronamics
06.05.2018 , 10:53 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by NeoNSoNicXJR View Post
it fires 4 rounds instead of 5. no combat logging needed.

Also, its the devs that had that much time to fix it, and its still broken for snipers i noticed nothing wrong on my gunslinger but when they screwed with the animation for snipers its been broken ever since,, tahts 3+ years. try a sniper for yourself to find out.
(no offense please dont take it as so, i just dont have time to be messing with additional crap when people with eyes should have just seen by now that it is broken,, anyone who plays sniper who is not trying to get it secretly nerfed/broken knows this!)
This is the point where I say you're showing no proof despite 3 years of being asked for it.

It's no big deal to open your combat log and show where an action, the number of hits and the effect applied occurs.

...unless of course you have no idea whatsoever what a combat log is and are falling back into acting as if its a terrible ordeal and its someone elses problem to provide evidence.

Whatever.

I offered to show you how to look at your logs but you hide and make a smokescreen.

Visuals are not the same thing as actual game effects. Visuals bug all the time.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018

Equeliber
06.06.2018 , 01:44 AM | #36
Yeah, at this point I am pretty sure he means the visual animation.
Klorea, Sith Marauder Ael Vienne, Sith Sorcerer Eirinn, Sith Juggernaut Darth Malgus
<Nerfherders>

NeoNSoNicXJR
06.06.2018 , 10:07 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
This is the point where I say you're showing no proof despite 3 years of being asked for it.

It's no big deal to open your combat log and show where an action, the number of hits and the effect applied occurs.

...unless of course you have no idea whatsoever what a combat log is and are falling back into acting as if its a terrible ordeal and its someone elses problem to provide evidence.

Whatever.

I offered to show you how to look at your logs but you hide and make a smokescreen.

Visuals are not the same thing as actual game effects. Visuals bug all the time.
Anyone with a sniper knows its bugged no proof needed.

shyroman
06.07.2018 , 12:44 AM | #38
Iíve mained a sniper for most of my time since penetrating blasts has been a thing and have never had this happen to me and marksman is my preferred spec so I play it a lot. The only time when I havenít gotten every tick of PB is if I accidentally clip PB and donít allow the full channel to go out.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Star Forge

NeoNSoNicXJR
06.07.2018 , 03:07 AM | #39
Bah u guys dont know what u are talking about, its been bugged ever since they changed the animation from series of shots for marksmanship someone sticky this until its fixed and developers please read the sniper forums because you still need to revert the animation for penetrating blasts back to series of shots to fix its brokenness.

Also if you disagree with me dont even post here, i know how some of you trolls get. its the animation and its broken for penetrating blasts. series of shots work fine, 4 shots. penetrating blasts, 4 shots like 70% of the time and after a sniper volley u usually get 5 shots. anyway its been this way for 3+ years. i made a new sniper and its still like this. i bugged it but its still an issue, it needs fixing ASAP. so im keeping this bumped until it does cause its gone on LONG ENOUGH.

another example would be the stronghold defender blaster rifle and sniper. it was broken to where u couldnt claim duplicates of it on other chars but with the recent cartel update they fixed that. they just need to do this for the marksmanship penetrating blasts animation, revert it BACK to series of shots but fires 5 rounds instead of 4 for penetrating blasts like how it was before they CHANGED the animation for NO GOOD REASON since it wasnt even BROKEN. AND NOW IT IS AND HAS BEEN FOR 3 + YEARS.

Also Gyronamics or w/e if u come back here with that nonsense why dont you post a recent video of you playing YOUR sniper in a pvp match, marksmanship build of your penetrating blasts firing 5 rounds 100% of the time. and if u can prove that i will say its a bug on some peoples characters otherwise dont even bother coming back to my thread to derail it trying to turn it into a flame war when the ISSUE IS CLEAR. PENETRATING BLASTS needs to be REVERTED back to SERIES OF SHOTS animation to properly fire 5 rounds 100% of the time since i know the devs are too lazy to fix their crappy penetrating blasts animation which SUCKS and is CRAP series of shots is way better and always will be FIX THIS ****.

Torvai
06.07.2018 , 04:39 AM | #40
Seems to work just fine.

And if it's only the animation: calm your ****. There's far more serious, even gamebreaking bugs that are around far longer.
So you really think that the Devs will divert resources to fix something that doesn't have an impact on anything? Think again.
Also, if your biggest problem with the game and especially in PvP is a bugged animation, count yourself lucky.