Question about Lethality gearing in Pvp

Husqvarna

Afternoon,

I'm working on gearing up a lethality operative currently. Sitting at command rank ~250 with mostly crafted 246 enhancements, fully auged, with a gear rating of 244. I know that http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=847112 used to be the optimum gearing guide but it hasn't been updated for the "newfound" alacrity tier's.

Currently I'm sitting at the highest tier of alacrity with approx. 1900 and the rest dumped into critical. I have zero mastery augs. My question; is the 1860 tier a must have for a DOT spreading discipline? Would I be better off going a different route? I did some minor testing by swapping all my Alacrity enhancements with Critical ones and Alacrity ended up doing around ~500 more dps on the dummy. I'm about to dump all my unassambled components on 248 gear and don't want to end up not optimized. Thank you :)

Afternoon,

I'm working on gearing up a lethality operative currently. Sitting at command rank ~250 with mostly crafted 246 enhancements, fully auged, with a gear rating of 244. I know that http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=847112 used to be the optimum gearing guide but it hasn't been updated for the "newfound" alacrity tier's.

Currently I'm sitting at the highest tier of alacrity with approx. 1900 and the rest dumped into critical. I have zero mastery augs. My question; is the 1860 tier a must have for a DOT spreading discipline?

1860 for the classes that have all abilities instant (basically all melee classes). What I mean with this is that there's no time bar, like channel, cast or anything like that.

For the ones that have however, I believe its 1500-1600, not sure.

Would I be better off going a different route? I did some minor testing by swapping all my Alacrity enhancements with Critical ones and Alacrity ended up doing around ~500 more dps on the dummy. I'm about to dump all my unassambled components on 248 gear and don't want to end up not optimized. Thank you :)

Well, do what feels more comfortable and better to you.. I often switch between the 1860 to 750-900 in alacrity and vice-versa.

Stats for PvE gear with High alacrity:

Accuracy (110%) : 1 x Enhancement (231) + Stim (240) + 3 Augments (96 <-> 98) = 759 <-> 765

Alacrity (+1858) : 6 x Enhancements (231) + 5 Augments (96 <-> 98) = 1866 <-> 1876

Critical : 3 x Enhancements (231) + 2 x Relics (66) + 2 x Crystals (41) + Stim (99) + 6 Augments (96 <-> 98) = 1582 <-> 1594

For PvE Low alacrity , you can snatch some of those augments and possibly Enhancements in trade for critical and mastery.

For example, this:

Accuracy (110%) : 1 x Enhancement (231) + Stim (240) + 3 Augments (96 <-> 98) = 759 <-> 765

Alacrity (+704) : 4 x Enhancements (231) = 924

Critical : 5 x Enhancements (231) + 2 x Relics (66) + 2 x Crystals (41) + Stim (99) + 3 Augments (96 <-> 98) = 1756 <-> 1762

The critical rating best spot, when running low alacrity, is to be between 1800 and 1900 ( or so the top players say ), but I think 1756 <-> 1762 is enough.

This build should leave you 8 augments slots for Mastery or any other stat that you want to put in.

Also, when I say 96 is the stats that Versatile (Mastery) / Critical / Overkill (Power) / Accuracy / Alacrity 45 augments give; and 46 is the new legendary augments that give 98 of the same Versatile(Mastery) / Critical / Accuracy / Alacrity with a bit extra of power (there's no overkill in these ones).

The number on the left is when assuming that you are using augments that give 96 and the one on the right is the ones that give 98. Basically, I am giving you a window as to where stats can be.

And all gear (armor, implants, earpiece, relics, mainhand and offhand/secondary) is assumed to be full 248, as well.

Edited by memerobot