Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Please nerf operatives roll!


BraverDre's Avatar


BraverDre
11.17.2017 , 02:48 AM | #1
We need it bioware and u know how overpowered it is. It should be nerf as fast as possible. People can't wait till u fix broken classes like OP operatives and Underperforming sorcs.

Threjyan's Avatar


Threjyan
11.17.2017 , 08:27 AM | #2
cool story bro!
..The Path Of Excess Leads To The Tower Of Wisdom..

funnypat's Avatar


funnypat
11.18.2017 , 05:48 AM | #3
underperforming sorcs... nice one...

I suck at my sorc, but I do understand how the skills and priorities work - how to line skills up to not completely suck in damage... now imagine what somebody could do who actually mains a sorc and has an even better understanding....

https://imgur.com/a/nfvU0

Also - roll is fine, it's just concealment and as long as you stay in front of them and kiting them with slow you should have no problems, if you're melee class (op/sin/jugg/mara/pt) and can't kill one than they are probably just better than you and would have killed you anyway :P

Also keep in mind - this mmo isn't created to make every 1 vs 1 situation absolutely fair with even chances (that's not even possible) - so deal with it :P
Ræly (Operative - Star Forge)
Cæly (Scoundrel - Star Forge)

Turn-XGundam's Avatar


Turn-XGundam
11.20.2017 , 06:45 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by funnypat View Post
underperforming sorcs... nice one...

I suck at my sorc, but I do understand how the skills and priorities work - how to line skills up to not completely suck in damage... now imagine what somebody could do who actually mains a sorc and has an even better understanding....

https://imgur.com/a/nfvU0

Also - roll is fine, it's just concealment and as long as you stay in front of them and kiting them with slow you should have no problems, if you're melee class (op/sin/jugg/mara/pt) and can't kill one than they are probably just better than you and would have killed you anyway :P

Also keep in mind - this mmo isn't created to make every 1 vs 1 situation absolutely fair with even chances (that's not even possible) - so deal with it :P
sorcs are not that strong right now and even brain dead monkeys can do 3mil damage with pocket healers. you simply didn't die thanks to healers.

tell us more pvp god!!

funnypat's Avatar


funnypat
11.20.2017 , 07:46 AM | #5
look again, we had 1 heal and I said "I suck at sorc" - If you're implying that a class is only good if it can survive in reg wz without a single healer... than you're probably one of those "I only ever play fotm, because I want to feel superior"
Ræly (Operative - Star Forge)
Cæly (Scoundrel - Star Forge)

Eloi_BG's Avatar


Eloi_BG
11.20.2017 , 08:27 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BraverDre View Post
We need it bioware and u know how overpowered it is. It should be nerf as fast as possible. People can't wait till u fix broken classes like OP operatives and Underperforming sorcs.
"OP operatives"... Wow.
Without roll operatives would be trash. Can't believe this "nerf opeartives" kinda thread is still going. Operatives are in a decent place defensively (especially after nerfs come to mercs/snipers in 5.6), and certainly not too strong offensively. Go back to 2012 where nerf operatives threads belong.
Nemio the Acceptable Player

supertimtaf's Avatar


supertimtaf
11.20.2017 , 08:28 AM | #7
Well, concealment roll could use some slight tunings imo but nothing too big, the main issue I have with these is that they'll desync whenever they roll on a slope...
Apart from that, make those huttball trap affect them, like they affect everyone else. Seeing an operative roll through the flames is very frustrating since, unless I'm wrong, it's the only ability who is certain to avoid the flames damage. In the end it's more an adjustment of a map rather than the class itself...
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Eloi_BG's Avatar


Eloi_BG
11.20.2017 , 10:38 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
Well, concealment roll could use some slight tunings imo but nothing too big, the main issue I have with these is that they'll desync whenever they roll on a slope...
Apart from that, make those huttball trap affect them, like they affect everyone else. Seeing an operative roll through the flames is very frustrating since, unless I'm wrong, it's the only ability who is certain to avoid the flames damage. In the end it's more an adjustment of a map rather than the class itself...
Blade blitz, speed + shroud, rocket out (might take 1 tick), sniper roll. So only sorcs and PTs don't have a reliable tool to get past fire/acid traps. But sorcs have pull, which is probably the strongest tool in huttball, so they shouldn't be carrying the ball, but pulling whoever is carrying. And PTs have hydraulics which makes them pretty damn strong ball carriers (DCDs stay an issue, but that's not the subject here).

Yes it's the only one on such a short cooldown though. So it's still strong. But not overpowered.
Nemio the Acceptable Player

supertimtaf's Avatar


supertimtaf
11.20.2017 , 01:30 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Eloi_BG View Post
Blade blitz, speed + shroud, rocket out (might take 1 tick), sniper roll. So only sorcs and PTs don't have a reliable tool to get past fire/acid traps. But sorcs have pull, which is probably the strongest tool in huttball, so they shouldn't be carrying the ball, but pulling whoever is carrying. And PTs have hydraulics which makes them pretty damn strong ball carriers (DCDs stay an issue, but that's not the subject here).

Yes it's the only one on such a short cooldown though. So it's still strong. But not overpowered.
Shroud don't work on huttball trap, trust me I've tried enough of that. Blade Blitz has a chance of not working properly due to the bad relief ot the trap itself (you can get stuck on the edge, because that's apparently "normal"). Rocket out don't grant you an immunity against damage when used, you'll take the tick anyway, sniper roll has the same issue as blade blitz, in which he'll often get stuck on the edge of the trap.
Besides, all of these ability does share an important cooldown, against a 10sec cd for two roll. (the only arguable could be the sniper roll, I completely agree on this), preventing you from using it on more than one trap at the time.
Sorc have pull, PT have hydraulic, I completely agree. PW make sorc pretty OP in huttball for this tbh, since you can PW just before the enemy goal and pull your allies, but you're right, that's not the subject.
I didn't call it "OP" tbh, but it does gives some huge advantages. The fact that the only counter for this roll is a root (which can be cleansed/avoided by the roll itself) makes it difficult to prevent due to the terrible game lag and desync...

Tbh, I think this doesn't really concern the operative itself, but more the game in general that isn't made for this kind of trick. :')
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Turn-XGundam's Avatar


Turn-XGundam
11.24.2017 , 03:40 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by funnypat View Post
look again, we had 1 heal and I said "I suck at sorc" - If you're implying that a class is only good if it can survive in reg wz without a single healer... than you're probably one of those "I only ever play fotm, because I want to feel superior"
sucking at a ez mode class rofl, also having 1 healer is still better then having 0 healer.

with a healer, you dont die as often resulting in high damage output.
sorcs are weak class right now outside of the heal spec at least pvp wise, not pt/vanguard bad but still lacking. they are always farmed for free kill/damage in ranked.