Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Memory Lane. - Remembering the Concealment Operative.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Memory Lane. - Remembering the Concealment Operative.

Nizel
12.21.2017 , 02:57 PM | #61
Yeah, you got it. I need to talk to some top tier operatives to confirm because I haven't played in five years, but the parses I'm doing support volatile substance as being our main source of burst now, with lacerates proc'ed off of collaterals as secondary.

so at range, i'd volatile, c-dart while closing. or at melee range, vol, vs (shiv), and then c-dart or if you want to stun lock, just lacerate off collaterals and backstab after a debil for acid blade and a hard stun that covers most of the duration of acid blade, so you can flash if you need it without it breaking due to a DoT like c-dart.

with volatile's sunder running, backstab becomes a utility, and not so much an opener anymore. Its a different playstyle then what I'm used to, and probably every operative that's taken a break. But the numbers seem to support this direction in playstyle. Its all simplification of the mechanics, which is pretty sad to see, the high skill cap was always appealing, I really enjoyed playing carnage marauder as well due to the high APM required to do well. I hit a lot of buttons when I play, its natural to me. I couldn't handle a two button arsenal merc. I would go crazy with boredom.
Vyel One <Paralysis> - Star Forge
Former PvP & Raid Officer <Working As Intended>
Wound In The Force - US West - PvP
Concealment Since 2010. Accept No Substitutes.

Dj_Pickle
12.22.2017 , 07:08 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Nizel View Post
Its all simplification of the mechanics, which is pretty sad to see, the high skill cap was always appealing, I really enjoyed playing carnage marauder as well due to the high APM required to do well. I hit a lot of buttons when I play, its natural to me. I couldn't handle a two button arsenal merc. I would go crazy with boredom.
This is why I loved the class, I had so many moves to pull from for what ever the situation called for. Tried the merc cause you know... bounty hunters are bad *** and all but I was just bored plus i suck at ranged. As soon as I got Frag grenade I fell in love with the Opd lol its got this weird mid ranged melee style that I really like ya know. Any ways Im running on the server with the wierd name, not the star forge one, so hit me up if you want!