BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

I quite like the idea of Grav Round applying it's full effect (Vortices, Charged Barrel/Barrier) after one application, with future grav rounds keeping the debuff active. This would actually be a pretty big change in PVP since instead of needing THREE uninterrupted casts to get full DPS/Burst potential (and thus forcing our rampup to take almost as long as TTK anyway) we could get our burst out sooner.

Along with lowering TO/RP cooldowns and Electronet.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shatter Shot

Instant

Energy: 10

Cooldown: 4.5s

Range: 30 m

Fires a high-impact shot that deals 499 - 555 weapon damage and reduces the target's armor by 20% for 45 seconds. Additionally inflicts trauma for 9 seconds, reducing all healing the target receives by 20%.

Tracer Missile

Activation: 2 secs

Heat: 16

Launches a missile at the target that deals 670 kinetic damage and applies a heat signature, reducing the armor rating by 4% for 15 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times. Heat signatures leave the target vulnerable to Rail Shot.

Edited by PerinnAybara

Shatter Shot

Instant

Energy: 10

Cooldown: 4.5s

Fires a high-impact shot that deals 499 - 555 weapon damage and reduces the target's armor by 20% for 45 seconds. Additionally inflicts trauma for 9 seconds, reducing all healing the target receives by 20%.

Tracer Missile

Activation: 2 secs

Heat: 16

Launches a missile at the target that deals 670 kinetic damage and applies a heat signature, reducing the armor rating by 4% for 15 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times. Heat signatures leave the target vulnerable to Rail Shot.

They will say that it does more because it has a longer cool down.

Edited by DariusCalera

It also has a 4.5 second cooldown. The same amount of time it takes us to build the same effect.

You are comparing cool down to cast time, which are completely different. The GS debuff is instant cast where as grav round is 1.5 second cast x 3, if i remember correctly.

Edited by ChicagoBearsFan

You are comparing cool down to cast time, which are completely different. The GS debuff is instant cast where as grav round is 1.5 second cast x 3, if i remember correctly.

I'm aware.

They can spread the debuff as easily as we can. Someone said something about Shattershot having a cooldown and my response was to show that they still can spread their debuff just as easily as we can.

3*1.5 cast time = 4.5 seconds to get max armor penetration on one person that lasts for 15 seconds.

One instant, of 1.5 gcd, on a 4.5 second cooldown to do the same thing.

The more I look at snipers, the more I'm convinced the developers are insane.

Really? The more I look at snipers the more I'm convinced they hate commando/merc (ok more likely that they just didn't have any good ideas to differentiate them and left them as they are).

Sniper is a ranged turret that makes SENSE. No clue why BW failed on that front with us to such a huge degree.

Really? The more I look at snipers the more I'm convinced they hate commando/merc (ok more likely that they just didn't have any good ideas to differentiate them and left them as they are).

Sniper is a ranged turret that makes SENSE. No clue why BW failed on that front with us to such a huge degree.

Exactly. That is exactly why no one will roll a commando over a sniper/gunslinger :mad:

Well for me the day has come and my merc and commando and now done with pvp (unless something actually changes for the better, but hey fat chance), and they shall be used there no more.

I have grinded out the last piece of gear I needed with my merc, so I now have a full min/max set to pass on to my Powertech, who will hit level 50 tomorrow.

I can't say that the grind was fun, but there were a few high spots of seeing those rare 5K+ hit's of HS on PVE geared players and watching them go boom. And remembering those short fun matches that happened between patch 1.2 and 1.2c.

But I can now focus on burning down everyone in front of me and having a good time in PVP for a change.

At least I have the same armor for my Powertech that I had on my Merc, so I can kinda feel I'm playing the same character.

Well for me the day has come and my merc and commando and now done with pvp (unless something actually changes for the better, but hey fat chance), and they shall be used there no more.

I have grinded out the last piece of gear I needed with my merc, so I now have a full min/max set to pass on to my Powertech, who will hit level 50 tomorrow.

I can't say that the grind was fun, but there were a few high spots of seeing those rare 5K+ hit's of HS on PVE geared players and watching them go boom. And remembering those short fun matches that happened between patch 1.2 and 1.2c.

But I can now focus on burning down everyone in front of me and having a good time in PVP for a change.

At least I have the same armor for my Powertech that I had on my Merc, so I can kinda feel I'm playing the same character.

"And hold their manhoods cheap, whilst any speaks who faught with us, upon St.Chrispans Day."

powertech is a whole other world from merc.

ive had a good time on mine. gonna give sniper a go now i think tho

I am reminded every time that I play my merc in a WZ how much it is like a sniper only without the cover system. It is an incomplete class. I have hope that the merc will eventually find its niche but it still feels a long way off with the changes of 2.0. BW seems to be against kiting as a class mechanic due to the number of gap closers and snares/stuns every other class has and the lack of effective stun breaking/cleansing mechanics that mercs have. They also seem to be against giving a healing class any additional damage mitigation abilities. We have heavy armor, I know that tanking is not an option for mercs but give us one more ability that reduces damage in a worthwhile way!

That doesn't leave a whole lot of options except maybe two. Increased damage or increased healing. Simply scaling up the damage/healing is boring so I hope they go with new buildup mechanics (increased crit after certain use abilities) or even giving certain abilities a large boost (big burst numbers). Too often I see other classes latching onto a merc and riding them straight into the ground in just a couple seconds. Perhaps that wouldn't happen if the merc was able to throw out a couple hits that put a scary number above their opponent's head or suddenly regain a large portion of their health bar. It would give the oppenent pause and the fight would last longer and I think that it would be more enjoyable all around. I can tell you that right now it just is not fun to play a merc in pvp.

P.S. Missile Blast sucks.

Edited by Onymus
wanted to add more

Leveling my GS and Sniper now. Might have to get my VG up too.

im working on my sniper cuz its already level 40 (wanted that class buff lol). i kinda would prefer to play GS but cba to level a toon all the way up again.

i still need to find a guild to run rankeds with. been unguilded for a month or two now. its lonely

I have a 50 VG already and I've been swapping gear back and forth between him and my commando for awhile now. The differences are obvious running a VG in full EWH is easysauce compared to a commando in the same.

Only problem I have is that I actually prefer the play style of the commando. It's why stuff keeps getting sent back and forth, the VG actually bores me after about a week because it is so easy in comparison.

I have a 50 VG already and I've been swapping gear back and forth between him and my commando for awhile now. The differences are obvious running a VG in full EWH is easysauce compared to a commando in the same.

Only problem I have is that I actually prefer the play style of the commando. It's why stuff keeps getting sent back and forth, the VG actually bores me after about a week because it is so easy in comparison.

thats why im giving sniper a try, powertech is so boring.

i played my pt for the first time in probably close to a month tonight. couldnt remember keybinds for like half of it, and still put up almost 700k damage lol. easy mode class is easy mode

thats why im giving sniper a try, powertech is so boring.

i played my pt for the first time in probably close to a month tonight. couldnt remember keybinds for like half of it, and still put up almost 700k damage lol. easy mode class is easy mode

I've got a sniper too, but he's stuck at like level 27 or some such.

Even in lowbie pvp it's still incredibly easy by comparison. You know, with being uninterruptable and not having smasher jump to you, or not having VGs/PTs pulling you all over the place.

Was just watching a sniper video. Their lethality spec will be able to use their takedown on full health people.

I would like to just have a takedown. Specially since it's hard for us to lock anyone down that runs from us. I'm looking at you operatives!

OF course that's just me being selfish. It's funny, the more that I look at the classes, I realize Mercenaries have always been shafted. So much so that a "buff" ends up being what every other class has had since day one.

Wish my brother hadn't told me to play a Mercenary for him.

I was reading back through one of my posts on the Jedi Covenant forums before they announced 2.0 asking what each class wanted in the expansion. I said:

Commando

- Whenever you sustain damage, the following sound effect will play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVmbhYKDKfU

- Each interrupt on a casted ability increases the healing or damage of the next ability by 10%

- Each interrupt on a casted ability heals the Commando for the amount the cast would have dealt

- Commandos now have an AoE DoT called Berserk that affects all targets within 100 meters of the Commando. The damage of Berserk is increased by 5% for each player attacking the Commando. Thinking about attacking the Commando increases the damage of Berserk by 10% per player. Thinking about not attacking the Commando or attacking someone else increases the damage of Berserk by 20% per player.

- Reactive Shield now lasts 1 year. An active subscription is required.

- Emergency Medical Probe is now Emergency Medical Grenade. On use, it revives all teammates within 8 meters. In addition, Emergency Medical Grenade revives affected teammates at 300% health.

- Healing teammates instead of healing yourself causes you to commit suicide.

- Players walking through the Hammershot beam are killed instantly. This includes teammates.

- Being defeated by Grav Round crashes the victim's computer, unsubscribed them, uninstalls the client, charges them a $100 disconnection fee, a $100 asking questions fee, and deports them to a third world country.

- Unlike other Advanced Classes, if you take off all your gear as a Commando, you are actually naked (you must also sign a waiver).

For some reason, I actually think the class would still be underpowered.

I was reading back through one of my posts on the Jedi Covenant forums before they announced 2.0 asking what each class wanted in the expansion. I said:

For some reason, I actually think the class would still be underpowered.

LOLD! :D Especially for music and Berserk! :p