Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Profitable gathering material

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Profitable gathering material

Aro_Kets
01.14.2019 , 05:59 AM | #1
Looking through GTN I noticed that grade 8 materials often have the same price as 4/5 grade (800-1000 credits for one piece) Are there more profitable materials that can be collected? It is difficult to collect several million for a new armor with such a small income. I also have Inheritance Mainhand Weapon Construction Kit, is there a place where I can use it?
Help the Akkadian Empire and me by clicking this referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/3kKmg6

SteveTheCynic
01.14.2019 , 06:30 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Aro_Kets View Post
Looking through GTN I noticed that grade 8 materials often have the same price as 4/5 grade (800-1000 credits for one piece) Are there more profitable materials that can be collected? It is difficult to collect several million for a new armor with such a small income. I also have Inheritance Mainhand Weapon Construction Kit, is there a place where I can use it?
In general, you don't need to pay millions for armour unless you just want to participate in Fashion Wars: The Old Catwalk. The stuff on the GTN that players have priced at millions is no better, *as*armour*, than the stuff you can buy from the Adaptive Gear Vendor on the Fleet for a few thousand credits in total. It's priced so high merely for the rarity and the looks.

EDIT: I say the above not to discourage you from saving credits to buy those sets, but to dispel any illusions you might have about their practical gameplay value. END-EDIT.

Gathering materials is not a particularly time-efficient way of acquiring credits. Run through a set of Heroic missions for the planets where you are high enough in level (use the Ctrl+G Activities panel to be sent to the Heroic Mission terminal on the planet where you can pick up the missions, then use the Heroic Transport buttons on the on-screen mission log to go to the missions themselves), and you'll get far more credits (per hour) than you can get by gathering materials.

The Inheritance Mainhand Weapon Construction Kit is a relic of the days when medium-level fixed-stats weapons were actually a useful thing, and they have never been upgraded since then(1). If you want to buy one, go to the vendors on your faction's capital world:
* On Coruscant, on the plaza in front of the Senate Tower, near the left-hand (facing toward the tower) entrance to the commercial district under the plaza.
* On Dromund Kaas, at the bottom of the stairs that lead up to the commercial district in eastern Kaas City.

There's one vendor for each base class (Trooper, Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, Smuggler on the Republic side, etc.).

(1) When I got my first kit, in 2013 around the time when Rise of the Hutt Cartel (2.0) came out and raised the max level from 50 to 55, I was immediately struck by the oddness of these things. It seems so ... useless ... to have a special weapon like that when you can't ever upgrade it.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.