Recommended changes for Season 12 and ranked in general.

blackopsranger

Season 11 has been super toxic . But doesn't mean 12 can't "Make SWTOR great again."

Somethings that might help:

Make group ranked an Event that you can only queue during certain times or on certain days. This will keep teams from queue dodging or having friends queue against them. Since the group ranked population is low this will also make it easier for some to find a better mix of teams to queue against.

Group and Solo ranked change: Minimum 50 Matches for a rating. Lots of "10 wins and I'm done." and a lot more data to see win trading.

Solo Ranked class imbalances:

please stop placing 3 maras and a healer against 3 mercs and a healer. one of the teams is getting super owned with equal skills on both sides.

Instead give each dps class a unique identifier besides "DPS." 4/10/30/35 are ranges so their should be at least that many identifiers.

Healers: "play your way" is not gonna happen if it continues to be almost exclusively sage/ sorc healers. There are occasions you will see Commando/Merc or even Scoundrel/Operative healers in queue. However the skill and ability difference for those classes to compete is astronomically Slanted requiring more skill and having less abilities.

Solo and Group Ranked: Lockouts for losses. Seems counter intuitive do to low population however a strong counter to win trading, mat farming, and well just being bad. These lockouts are legacy wide.

1 loss: no timer we all lose eventually.

2 losses (in a row): 5 Minute lockout probs irritated anyways.

3 losses in a row: 10 Minute lockout.

4 losses in a row: 1 hr lockout

The idea is that if they are win trading it will slow them down, if they are bad, they will use that time to do something else i.e regs to improve their skills, flash points/ops to explore different parts of the game or simply get better gear/ seek advice.

Finally and most will probably hate this one, Elo is no longer character specific. No more top 3 in each class. Elo is Legacy wide and is not an average but rather a running total. so if you would normally get 10 wins on 1 toon and 10 losses on another then the order those occur is still important. You can't "reroll" another of the same class to make up for a bad start. Likewise messing around on 1 toon will damage the performance of your other toons.

As someone who has only queued for a VERY small number ranked matches and is, overall, a "noob" to Ranked PVP: No.

Yes, I'm not as good as a lot of other players, and lose frequently. How is giving me a lockout going to help me get better? We all know the match-making is borked beyond all reason anyways. I've had loss streaks that go 3-4 (or more) in a row. So what? Do you NOT want more people trying ranked? Punishing someone for not being good at something the first time they play it is NOT going to encourage them to come back.

This type of elitism is the reason why nobody wants to play ranked. The expectation to "just be good" is more unrealistic than expecting BW to actually balance all the classes, and we all know that's never going to happen. If you want the ranked scene to grow, you NEED to be welcoming to newcomers. Yes, they're gonna suck. They're gonna make mistakes. You can either choose to help them along in order to increase the ranked population, or you can yell and scream at them to drive them away. Enjoy never getting pops because nobody can live up to your elitist views of what a "good" ranked pvper is.

No

Just No

Everything you proposed is ridiculous 50 games for a rating, what's stopping wintraders from going 50-0 and getting 2k insta with thr way placement games work atm.

As for your group ranked changes, are you insane??? TR is already dead as it is and you want to limit the times people can queue aswell, you might aswell remove tr from the game then. It's like your not trying to help ranked but kill it even more with these changes.

Devs need to do 2 things, remove mats from sr and make tokens legacy wide, theres no point talking about class balance or matchmaking, those ships have sailed already.

"Strong counter to being bad" LOL

There is nothing here that bioware would ever do. Lockouts for losing a horrible Idea. I'm a silver player and ive lost 4 in a row before. Should i be locked out? Why? I'm not bad. I just lost a few games in a row. some were my fault, others we'rent.

NO

Just

NO

Absolutely ridiculous ideas, there are times as a 1600 player where I lose 6 or 7 in a row due to my team mates, but thats because the rating system always matches me with lower rated players, I should not be punished for playing ranked and no one else should be. The ranked population is tiny, this idea would kill ranked completely Edited by DiavoIa

Season 11 has been super toxic . But doesn't mean 12 can't "Make SWTOR great again."

Somethings that might help:

Make group ranked an Event that you can only queue during certain times or on certain days. This will keep teams from queue dodging or having friends queue against them. Since the group ranked population is low this will also make it easier for some to find a better mix of teams to queue against.

Group and Solo ranked change: Minimum 50 Matches for a rating. Lots of "10 wins and I'm done." and a lot more data to see win trading.

please stop placing 3 maras and a healer against 3 mercs and a healer. one of the teams is getting super owned with equal skills on both sides.

Instead give each dps class a unique identifier besides "DPS." 4/10/30/35 are ranges so their should be at least that many identifiers.

Healers: "play your way" is not gonna happen if it continues to be almost exclusively sage/ sorc healers. There are occasions you will see Commando/Merc or even Scoundrel/Operative healers in queue. However the skill and ability difference for those classes to compete is astronomically Slanted requiring more skill and having less abilities.

Solo and Group Ranked: Lockouts for losses. Seems counter intuitive do to low population however a strong counter to win trading, mat farming, and well just being bad. These lockouts are legacy wide.

1 loss: no timer we all lose eventually.

2 losses (in a row): 5 Minute lockout probs irritated anyways.

3 losses in a row: 10 Minute lockout.

4 losses in a row: 1 hr lockout

The idea is that if they are win trading it will slow them down, if they are bad, they will use that time to do something else i.e regs to improve their skills, flash points/ops to explore different parts of the game or simply get better gear/ seek advice.

Finally and most will probably hate this one, Elo is no longer character specific. No more top 3 in each class. Elo is Legacy wide and is not an average but rather a running total. so if you would normally get 10 wins on 1 toon and 10 losses on another then the order those occur is still important. You can't "reroll" another of the same class to make up for a bad start. Likewise messing around on 1 toon will damage the performance of your other toons.

-1, Not Signed. Lockouts for losses is [insane] - the worst idea I've EVER heard on forum, since the time of Beta. Instead of a further divided pvp community, just try to welcome players: create a midcard rank that newer players who want to learned ranked pvp (still earning rank comms/ tokens) can play and actually get better without the sadistic trolling of those pseudo-self-entitled with 258 gear (who usually aren't have as good as they think they are, esp. w/o the gear).

Edited by Willjb

As someone who has only queued for a VERY small number ranked matches and is, overall, a "noob" to Ranked PVP: No.

Yes, I'm not as good as a lot of other players, and lose frequently. How is giving me a lockout going to help me get better? We all know the match-making is borked beyond all reason anyways. I've had loss streaks that go 3-4 (or more) in a row. So what? Do you NOT want more people trying ranked? Punishing someone for not being good at something the first time they play it is NOT going to encourage them to come back.

This type of elitism is the reason why nobody wants to play ranked. The expectation to "just be good" is more unrealistic than expecting BW to actually balance all the classes, and we all know that's never going to happen. If you want the ranked scene to grow, you NEED to be welcoming to newcomers. Yes, they're gonna suck. They're gonna make mistakes. You can either choose to help them along in order to increase the ranked population, or you can yell and scream at them to drive them away. Enjoy never getting pops because nobody can live up to your elitist views of what a "good" ranked pvper is.

^OMG, IKR - thus the major underlying problem pvp ranked has always had and why, overall, pvp is a FAIL with this game.

Edited by Willjb

While they are at it, they can turn burst dps back into what they are supposed to be, which are glass cannons and ranged classes need to go back to being rooted to the ground when casting an attack. There's too much survivability and mobility across the board right now.

Edited by Raansu