Does anyone else feel like were paying for beta?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I don't feel like I'm paying for beta. I feel like I'm enjoying a young mmo which keeps improving.

*raise shield of negative replies* (imagination is too awesome...)

^^this all the way...i was around when WoW first started and i remember there being a lot of issues with that as well. Personally, I like the game, and any bugs/issues SWTOR is having I'm willing to wait around for the fix...I've yet to see a game changing problem

Indeed. I've said it before on the forum and I'll say it again. I've played quite a few MMOs and I've played several through Beta to Launch and beyond. SWTOR has had, by far, the smoothest launch I've ever seen. And, from what I've played of it (still don't have a Level 50 yet), it's got the highest level of polish I've ever seen in a game this young in its life cycle. This current big crashing issue is Bioware's first big test of actually running a MMO as a Developer and how this issue is resolved (IF it is resolved) will give a pretty good indication of the direction this game will take. I sincerely hope this issue IS resolved and that Bioware gets their act together and re-visits their Customer Service Policies to dramatically improve the experience because the game itself, if you can get past the crashing, is phenomenal.

Indeed. I've said it before on the forum and I'll say it again. I've played quite a few MMOs and I've played several through Beta to Launch and beyond. SWTOR has had, by far, the smoothest launch I've ever seen. And, from what I've played of it (still don't have a Level 50 yet), it's got the highest level of polish I've ever seen in a game this young in its life cycle. This current big crashing issue is Bioware's first big test of actually running a MMO as a Developer and how this issue is resolved (IF it is resolved) will give a pretty good indication of the direction this game will take. I sincerely hope this issue IS resolved and that Bioware gets their act together and re-visits their Customer Service Policies to dramatically improve the experience because the game itself, if you can get past the crashing, is phenomenal.

Over the course of the last month, I've met many (dozens) new SWTOR players in heroics and flashpoints pugs. I asked them what they think about SWTOR so far? All of them told me that they really love this game: storylines, legacy, voices, cutscenes, heroics, flashpoints, chat discussions, planet diversity, rakghoul event, etc. To me, the fact that they started to play AFTER 1.2 is a really good thing. A really really really good thing. :jawa_wink:

so meny BIG problems.

2 of my biggest was.

ILUM and VALOR.

You think you would want to make them work b4 you release the game?

Not even remotely. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that this is the most polished launch of an MMO I've ever played.

We're not paying for beta, but we are paying for a game that's going to become free to play soon. With GW2, D3, Tera and Pandas coming out within the year. SWtOR will slowly die, servers will be grouped into the 3 remaining servers and it'll be free. With BioWare taking their sweet time with Rated Warzones and not fixing the bugs in the game in a timely manner... people are flocking to other games. Server I am on went from 3 prominent raiding / PvP guilds on Repub side.. now there is barely enough people on Repub side for a guild. Sith side has 2 raiding guilds, 1 only logs on to raid and the other I am in just started 16 man from 2 8 man. Went 3/4 on HM EC. We're bored, the new content is great and we're very impressed.... but once we have Nightmare Pilgrim and EC cleared there's nothing else end-game to do. I hate to see this game die so fast but BioWare isn't putting out enough new content fast enough to keep their people subscribed. Edited by Rutrict

We're not paying for beta, but we are paying for a game that's going to become free to play soon. With GW2, D3, Tera and Pandas coming out within the year. SWtOR will slowly die, servers will be grouped into the 3 remaining servers and it'll be free. With BioWare taking their sweet time with Rated Warzones and not fixing the bugs in the game in a timely manner... people are flocking to other games. Server I am on went from 3 prominent raiding / PvP guilds on Repub side.. now there is barely enough people on Repub side for a guild. Sith side has 2 raiding guilds, 1 only logs on to raid and the other I am in just started 16 man from 2 8 man. Went 3/4 on HM EC. We're bored, the new content is great and we're very impressed.... but once we have Nightmare Pilgrim and EC cleared there's nothing else end-game to do. I hate to see this game die so fast but BioWare isn't putting out enough new content fast enough to keep their people subscribed.

WHOA! I didn't know Miss Cleo played SWTOR!

We're not paying for beta, but we are paying for a game that's going to become free to play soon. With GW2, D3, Tera and Pandas coming out within the year. SWtOR will slowly die, servers will be grouped into the 3 remaining servers and it'll be free. With BioWare taking their sweet time with Rated Warzones and not fixing the bugs in the game in a timely manner... people are flocking to other games. Server I am on went from 3 prominent raiding / PvP guilds on Repub side.. now there is barely enough people on Repub side for a guild. Sith side has 2 raiding guilds, 1 only logs on to raid and the other I am in just started 16 man from 2 8 man. Went 3/4 on HM EC. We're bored, the new content is great and we're very impressed.... but once we have Nightmare Pilgrim and EC cleared there's nothing else end-game to do. I hate to see this game die so fast but BioWare isn't putting out enough new content fast enough to keep their people subscribed.

And I can make monkeys fly out of a unicorns butt.

It feels like playing an MMO. Welcome to MMORPGs, they are never finished, will never have every bug fixed because new content always implements new bugs, which never get squashed in time before the next content update. If you can't accept that then don't play MMO's, ever.

No, I don't feel like I'm paying for beta. I feel like I'm enjoying a young mmo which keeps improving.

*raise shield of negative replies* (imagination is too awesome...)

The MMO newbies are not going to understand what you are saying

Jokes. Funny. Hit me up at the end of summer and we'll see where the games at. Never mind, you'll of unsubbed by than.

Mind if I save this quote and repost it later when it doesn't happen that way?

Jokes. Funny. Hit me up at the end of summer and we'll see where the games at. Never mind, you'll of unsubbed by than.

Oh damn this is like that movie Freaky Friday! I am you and you are me now! Apparently you are going to unsubscribe for me lol. Gimme your e-mail, I'll be sure to let you know how much I am enjoying playing this game in the summer.

Even after a testing you can never be sure what will work and what will not in the long run. Calling present day SWTOR beta because of Ilum and Valor is a bit strong imo.

So no, I do not think we are.

After having played in many betas and been through the growing pains of many MMOs in the past...I'd say NO this does not feel like paying for beta. Its been a smoother ride then most of the MMO's I've played during their day 1 set up. They have stumbling blocks like any company just learning how to navigate the shark / troll infested waters of the MMO gaming community.

Was everything smooth as a baby's bottom? No..but I never expected that with anything thats a live environment like this I expect hiccups.

Have they tripped up and punched themselves in the eye a few times with communication / customer service issues? Yes but what MMO hasn't there's always kinks that need to be beaten out n ironed.

No I do not think.we are paying to Beta Test SWtoR. HOWEVER............it seems the Developers are having a major identity crisis with this game. Do they cater to the PvE Rading crowd or try and salvage Open World RvR to prevent MASSIVE bleeding of subscriptions when Guild Wars 2 is released.

If they totally scrap World PvP/RvR, and only give PvPers 4-6 Warzones to play in.... the PvP playerbase will erode to nothingness.

This is the only game I considered leaving DAoC for just because I grew upon Star Wars....however I love RvR/PvP and I cannot justify paying a subscription fee with subpar PvP and NO RvR in the game at all

Im giving them until GW2 releases...I beta tested it last weekend and it's the closest MMORPG too Dark Age of Camelot that Ive ever played...which.is great:)

Edited by Jalez

so meny BIG problems.

2 of my biggest was.

ILUM and VALOR.

You think you would want to make them work b4 you release the game?

I wasn't playing at launch, but from what my guild tells me the number one problem with Ilum was kill trading. A flaw design flaw, yes, but more to do with players being less interested in PvP than gear grinding.

What's wrong with valor?

Honestly, I've yet to find any game breaking bugs in the game or design. Maybe I'm just forgiving of things like quests needing to be reset to finish them or small bugs (I take into consideration how massive the game is), but it's been pretty damn good.