Tank vs DPS

Sangrar

I have recently created a sith assassin and want to know whether assassin tanks or assassin dps's are more effective in pve and if possible which spec is best for leveling, endgame content, and single and group combat. I also want to know whether tank or dps is best for pvp when starting out only with recruit gear. Whoever says dps is best please state if by dps they mean deception or madness.

I have recently created a sith assassin and want to know whether assassin tanks or assassin dps's are more effective in pve and if possible which spec is best for leveling, endgame content, and single and group combat. I also want to know whether tank or dps is best for pvp when starting out only with recruit gear. Whoever says dps is best please state if by dps they mean deception or madness.

I'd like to know this as well.

I am trying to fugure this out because in pve my trooper is better as dps but in pvp he is better as a healer, so I respec when I swithch from doing pvp to pve or vice versa. I have never really done anything else in pvp other than heal so I would again like to know whether tank or dps is more effective in pve combat and if tank or dps is better in pvp combat and again if someone says dps please state whether deception or madness is better too. I want to know asap so I can begin gearing towards pvp or pve.

They're both effective?

Just go tank for no GF queues

Fixed :p

And imo, sin-tank makes great tank, sin dps makes ok dps.

Both work, but if I was to compared to other spec, I'd say sin-tank does its job better than sin dps.

Thats an opinion tough. A good sin dps is still a good dps, and people discriminating on classes just miss a good player.

Edited by verfallen