Merge servers

Vaitecata

BW, really should merge a couple of the low pop servers right now...

Or get that cross server Queue working...

I kinda like being on a low pop server... but not an empty one.

Tore my meniscus and I've been shopping around for an mmo to play while i rehab, but at this point it's not worth coming back to swtor until they merge servers. It's a stupid catch 22 because players aren't as enticed to come back if there servers are dead, but perhaps if players like me started playing again because of a bigger population on an individual server then the community would see a boom.

• 2 weeks later...
I can tell you this, if they haven't merged the serves by the time my account is up, I won't be resubbing. It's a nonsensical waste of money to keep trying to play on this wasteland. Bioware has so far handled this about as well as SOE handled their low server pops - aka death marching their game into oblivion.

At this point I don't think there will ever be a server merge. Bioware has been ignoring the cries for too long. I'm pretty sure it's not gonna happen. I got tired of waiting and transferred to The Harbinger. It's where most other players are flocking to now because people are getting tired of waiting on a server merge that clearly isn't going to happen. Transferring to The Harbinger was a good decision. There's constant wz pops all throughout the day. Most pops are under 5 minutes wait time. The server is very active. There's even open world pvp if you can believe that.

What's worst is the nonexistent GTN economy...

There are so many things that I simply can't find on the GTN that are common on other servers.

I couldn't/wouldn't move, even for cheap transfers, I need a merge.

While I agree they should honestly merge like this server bastion and tofn you guys could also click a ref link get a free transfer and go somewhere else. Or buy a 60 token and go somewhere else

1) I Have 22 characters... one transfer ticket isn't helpful. Nor is rolling new characters away from the legacy I've built.

2) Leaving the few friends I have that are still playing here (and too stubborn to leave) isn't something I'm willing to do.

3) Cheap character transfers just ended. People willing and able to leave are gone.

4) No matter how many people leave, there will be people left here.

Your suggestion isn't useful, at all.

I do think they need to merge some of the servers, including this one.

But rather than try to play on a mostly dead server I rolled toons, many multiple toons, on several other servers.

I have 22 toons here on POT5, all but 4 are 65.

I have 8 toons on Harbringer, a couple are 65

Same with Ebon Hawk and Shadowlands.

The main reason I keep the toons here are the two guild ships I bought that can't be transferred, and I have RL friends who maybe might eventually come back to this game.

but probably not.

• 3 weeks later...

So I just came back after being away for awhile.

This server is dead. It's a ghost town. The GTN is dead. Fleet is dead.

The only reason I can see them not merging this server is because some bean counter figured they would make more money from people paying for server transfers.

Greeting from Jung ma! I agree we need a merge and I wish our server would merge with yours tbh we are both east coast pvp servers and we both have low pops around the same numbers actually Ive visited your server recently this week. We have been having the same no pop problems like you all have but we dont wanna lose our community we already have and Putting us together would make fleet bigger and pops happen! We should all push for a merge between our servers. ~ Savage ~ Lords of betrayal GM

Greeting from Jung ma! I agree we need a merge and I wish our server would merge with yours tbh we are both east coast pvp servers and we both have low pops around the same numbers actually Ive visited your server recently this week. We have been having the same no pop problems like you all have but we dont wanna lose our community we already have and Putting us together would make fleet bigger and pops happen! We should all push for a merge between our servers. ~ Savage ~ Lords of betrayal GM

Any ideas on how to get some traction on a merge?

Any ideas on how to get some traction on a merge?

Ive posted multiple times in forums, submitted in game tickets and had other people do that same. Bio-ware has to see how much people want this to happen so many servers are dying in this game and a merge would fix so many problems! More we push for it hopefully bio-ware will see it more and consider it.

Hey guys from Jung Ma. I've been trying to get a server merge to happen. i hope this can happen with bioware seeing all of our comments on it. It just makes me sad to see our servers look like a Ziost. Do you guys think they''ll do a server merge?

And ive been writing tickets and ive messaged the dev about a merge. this would really help us all and make the game great again.

Edited by HeadedEye

I fully support a server merger and will not pay to transfer or create tools on another server. I have been paying for 2 accounts since launch, one is the wife the other mine. She has to many characters to pay to move as do I.

I will quit before paying to move everything because I will loose stuff in a transfer.

Please BW merge servers. I refuse to spend money hopping servers to find people to pvp and pve with over and over again like I did in swg. Just not gonna happen.

• 2 weeks later...
I fully support a server merger and will not pay to transfer or create tools on another server. I have been paying for 2 accounts since launch, one is the wife the other mine. She has to many characters to pay to move as do I.

I will quit before paying to move everything because I will loose stuff in a transfer.

Please BW merge servers. I refuse to spend money hopping servers to find people to pvp and pve with over and over again like I did in swg. Just not gonna happen.

Agreed! I will be canceling my sub because my server is DEAD. There's now way in hell that I'm paying for transfers to get off a completely dead server.

100% agree. Not losing everything and paying to transfer 14 characters from a dead server and I refuse to start over again on another server and lose everything I've built up since launch.

MERGE! FFS!!!

Merge servers or pull the plug on the game if it has sorry exuce for a mmo having no new raids or flashpoint

New light and dark event is a sad exuse for a event when still no new content for MMO, where the **** is multi in mmo sorry isn't MMO stand for Massively multi ONLINE so should that mean GROUP content and really nurf all the fights in the game that sucks

I couldn't agree more. This really IS the worst part of the non-existent server merge. I'm a returning player who came back in hopes of this server being what it once was when it started. A merge would solve so many issues.

BW please hear the cry on Pot5.