Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild panel even more broken now

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

UlaVii
08.24.2017 , 10:11 AM | #1
Hi, sorry to say but the patch 5.4 fix to the guild panel reloading bug has introduced some new bugs that is making admin all but impossible. I am seriously sorry to report these problems as I had great hopes when I saw you had put some time into helping the guilds but you really need to handle these as I can see lots of people being accidentally set as officers which could lead to some interesting guild dramas...

Bug #1 - This one has been fixed with patch 5.7

Let's say I have 5 people in my guild:

1. Adam
  2. Brian
  3. Camy
  4. Donna
  5. Eric

If I left click on Brian so his row is highlighted and then right click and choose Guild->Set Member Note it works as expected. Now if I right click on Donna her row becomes highlighted but when I choose Guild->Set Member Note I see Brians member note. This is the same for officer note, Set Rank and Set Primary. Basically you end up setting things for the wrong characters. This also applies when you right click and try to /w somebody from guild panel, it puts the wrong name in the chat.

Bug #2

Similar to the above but this involves shift-key multiple character select. If I left click on Adam, edit his member note all is good. Now I want to change the rank for Brian, Camy and Donna so I left click on Brian, hold the shift key down and click on Donna. I see just those 3 names highlighted as I would expect. The problem is when I right click and Set Rank it changes Adam as well even though he is no longer highlighted.

Bug #3

Shift select is still selecting everybody from the top of the guild panel to the current cursor position when any of the actions that used to make it reload occur.

Bug #4

Things that used to make the guild panel reload are still making it steal text chat focus so you fire off lots of hotkeys when trying to type in chat with guild panel open.

Bug #5

The right click whisper option from the guild panel does not work with names that have foreign characters in them. For example if I right click "Dhrör" in the guild panel and choose Whisper then in chat I see "/whisper Dhr▪r:" when I should see "/whisper Dhrör:". In-game the foreign characters are replaced with blocks and the whisper does not work. This problem is not present if you right click and whisper from the Friends/Who panels.

xordevoreaux
08.24.2017 , 10:26 AM | #2
I've instructed my guild officers not to touch guild roster notes until further notice. Thank you for this.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Bidli
08.24.2017 , 10:27 AM | #3
your move Bioware, Ula already figured your trap-move

Bioware 0:1 Ula Vii

AscendingSky
08.24.2017 , 10:30 AM | #4
You mean a major content patch for this game took something that was already broken and broke it more? I am totally surprised by this. I certainly couldn't have expected it from the fact every single major patch for the last two years has done the exact same thing.

/sarcasm
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

UlaVii
08.24.2017 , 10:36 AM | #5
I didn't mean this as a "**** Bioware" post, I just wanted to draw their attention to some big issues that are bound to cause a lot of problems across servers in multiple guilds.

It was nice to see they tried to help their guilds, even if it didn't work out as planned

That being said; please please fix this quickly, I've had to instruct my officers to stop setting ranks/notes/stars which I know will upset a lot of my guild members!

TUXs
08.24.2017 , 10:41 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by UlaVii View Post
I didn't mean this as a "**** Bioware" post, I just wanted to draw their attention to some big issues that are bound to cause a lot of problems across servers in multiple guilds.

It was nice to see they tried to help their guilds, even if it didn't work out as planned

That being said; please please fix this quickly, I've had to instruct my officers to stop setting ranks/notes/stars which I know will upset a lot of my guild members!
I appreciate all the info you've given on this problem...thank you for taking the time to detail it all here.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Jerba
08.24.2017 , 12:08 PM | #7
Thanks for the warning, we can reproduce this bug in our guild.

Bidli
08.25.2017 , 06:02 PM | #8
*bump*

Kittybear
08.26.2017 , 08:47 PM | #9
You got Brian Adams in your guild that's awesome. the bugs aren't however. will inform my guilds officers thanks for the info and reporting it.

Bidli
08.27.2017 , 03:18 PM | #10
Im wondering if anyone from the Yellow Team will say anything about it tommorow... Like really BW, its really reeally anoying..

Tab resetting when ppl login or logoff we all get used to it after the two years or so.. But this is kinda.. New stuff and it practically makes you more and more tilted every time you try to sort out the mess in big guilds..

Cmon.. Keith or Eric.. Say something..