First world pvp encounter

Olvera

Today I got to engage in world pvp for the first time. While cruising through Jungland I ran across a Sage with her dual bladed companion out killing creatures.

I dont think she noticed that I was around or maybe didn't think I would engage her. I at first thought that she herself was an npc due to all the mobs around. The only thing that told me that it was a player was when she got into combat and their nice lighsabers lit up.

I was so wanting to try out world pvp since I got to Tat a few days ago. So I worked my way around the mobs to get closer to her.

During this time is when I noticed that she was a sage and not a shadow. I orignally thought the companion was the player due to the double bladed saber. My mind started thinking about all the sages abilities that I knew of. I knew that she could heal, dps, and had some CC.

Knowing that her companion was using a double bladed saber meant that she was the tank.

So I got close enough to fire off a missile blast and an electro dart. I figured that I would have to grapple her close to me due to her wanting to stay at max range. Yet her and her companion moved in close. I think she might of mistook me for a merc and not a powertech.

So she used her CC breaker to get out of the dart and charged towards me. I then ran towards her and started with a flame burst and then a flame sweep to lower their dps while Mako was on healing duty. I followed up with Rocket punch and Rail shot.

When I started to get her low she CCed me and tried to heal. I broke free and culled her. I eventually won the day thanks to busting out my shield and generous flamethrower usage.

The joys of world pvp combat are by far greater than anything I felt in a warzone. Usually in warzones it start a fight with someone no where near your lvl and either you get ganked or they do. Hopefully I'll get a chance to enjoy more world pvp before I leave Tat.

Also if anyone actually cared:

Me - 28 PT Bounty Hunter

Her - 26 Sage

Thanks for reading this block of text.

Obviously you aren't a "tru Xcore pvPer". You didn't get anything from engaging in world pvp, which means there is no reason to world pvp, which means that you physically -can't- engage in world pvp, which means that bioware has failed at implementing world pvp.

Were you truly hardcore, the realization that your valor didn't increment should have immediately sent you to the forums to author a rage-quit post.

Obviously you aren't a "tru Xcore pvPer". You didn't get anything from engaging in world pvp, which means there is no reason to world pvp, which means that you physically -can't- engage in world pvp, which means that bioware has failed at implementing world pvp.

Were you truly hardcore, the realization that your valor didn't increment should have immediately sent you to the forums to author a rage-quit post.

*sigh*

The issue is not not being rewarded for world pvp.

The issue is that Warzone PvP is rewarded and World PvP is not in any signifigant way.

*sigh*

The issue is not not being rewarded for world pvp.

The issue is that Warzone PvP is rewarded and World PvP is not in any signifigant way.

the issue is not either being rewarded or not. Its better to have no reward from open world PVP, issue is that tere is no iniciative or reason to PVP. you just kill to kill.

there must be some challenge, add some World boss that drops one of the best gear, add some places where are many resources for professions and there will be some reason to go to open world after you got 50lvl

"Kill to Kill" or "Killing is its own reward" is just fine for me.

Fighting the enemy is about fighting the enemy. You fight them because they are the enemy not because of a loot drop. It's competition in the rawest form. It's teamwork to defeat superior numbers. It's the challenge. It's pitting yourself against the competition to see how good you are.

I don't want loot drops or XP for every heartbeat of the game. I don't want to be constantly incentivised for every decision. Shiny trinkets for every action leads to digital materialist fatigue. This an MMO with an opposing faction -- it's war. Fight. If you want an incentive -- camp a zone your enemy needs at higher levels to inhibit their progression. You have a blaster. You have enemy. Go shoot them.

Yeah! I love these encounters. For instance one of my lover level guild members where complaining about being ganked by the same three Jedi's all the time on Tattoine. He is fairly new so he didn't know how we roll in A Black Spot, but as soon as he opened his mouth we all scrambled towards Tattoine. We only managed to grab one of them and because I was too slow, I didn't even get there in time. :-/

Anyway, since I now was on Tattoine and I simply love the planet I decided to roam the dunes a bit. And to my luck, a Jedi had decided to do the same. At first I was a bit reluctant to engage because he was 5 levels lower than I but he had no such reservations and jumped me. Stupidly I was still on my STAP so my companion didn't spawn so I guess he had a slight advantage there. GAME ON! Him being a Guardian and me being a Juggernaut it was a fun fight and him and his companion actually got me well down in HP so I began to worry a bit and start pulling out my damage reducing abilities as fast and efficient as possible. In the end, I got him down where we both could see the end: Force Choke -> Force Push -> Saber Throw -> Dead Jedi! :D

It's not about winning, it's about winning in style! :cool:

To me the warzones are annoying. I do them now and again for the credit and XP boost but the two sides are easily too imbalanced for it to be any fun. World PvP is where the thrill is. Reward or no reward.

TT

Honestly World pvp for me is rewarding in and of itself, just to be able to kill the opposing faction, and if its while they are questing i consider that a PLUS! My funniest battle was some sage stealth'd his way down into the main camp on Hoth and tried to attack me (lvl 39 Juggers with Jaesa comp out) while i was talking to commendation vendor.....Guildie from across the room 37 inq sorc, came and lightning the crap out of him while i force choked lol poor guy never even saw my Guildie i dont think.

"Kill to Kill" or "Killing is its own reward" is just fine for me.

Fighting the enemy is about fighting the enemy. You fight them because they are the enemy not because of a loot drop. It's competition in the rawest form. It's teamwork to defeat superior numbers. It's the challenge. It's pitting yourself against the competition to see how good you are.

I don't want loot drops or XP for every heartbeat of the game. I don't want to be constantly incentivised for every decision. Shiny trinkets for every action leads to digital materialist fatigue. This an MMO with an opposing faction -- it's war. Fight. If you want an incentive -- camp a zone your enemy needs at higher levels to inhibit their progression. You have a blaster. You have enemy. Go shoot them.

Well someone was able to understand the point of my post.

Sometimes the thrill of the fight is worth more than physical rewards.

Or I could of messed up on identifying the jedi. Cause I know there were two jedi. One being a companion.

Well imo i engaged 3 times in world pvp. Shadow and commando and smuggler. I won all 3. And i didnt attck my opponents like gank or something. I went in from front. I i wanted to let them know tat i wanted to fight. So it was pretty even fights. I lost 1 and. Won 2. And even with no reward the feeling i got for winning and even for losing coz i almost had him. That feeling ive never felt in any warzone or anything. Ppl who live to pvp dont rly care about rewards. Its just fun. And thats a reward for me

IF bioware had done that this game would never have 1million subs afte week, but 100k subs like all the other crapy mmo's that have that feature. If world pvp gave something for killing people ganking would be the only thing to do :| , mass zerg isnt pvp remenber that.