Ghost GCDS still happening, surely i'm not alone here?

Beyrahl

It was a problem on PTS but much worse, now it's not as common but it IS there. Many times have I used something for the animation to start but the ability doesn't go and I get locked out of a GCD.

I don't even know how to bug report this or get them to even acknowledge it's a problem.

Certainly others are having the same issue?

yup, biggest thing I notice it with because of its proc rate is furious power, I hit it, it gets a light blue "you pressed me" then nothing happens. I've always attributed it to server ping. because this same light blue effect happens when you lose server connection.

I sit around 40ms at all times, I do know Chain lightning does cause some desync issues, but also some ability issues too. You can try it yourself obviously, but trying to activate something nearly at same time you get hit by one of them half the time it does not activate. Even happens with bubble, something really needs to be done about the desync/slow on chain lightning, I think the damage is fine tho.

I sit around 40ms at all times, I do know Chain lightning does cause some desync issues, but also some ability issues too. You can try it yourself obviously, but trying to activate something nearly at same time you get hit by one of them half the time it does not activate. Even happens with bubble, something really needs to be done about the desync/slow on chain lightning, I think the damage is fine tho.

A lot of that can also be cause from packet loss. Even with 40ms, a small amount of packet loss will make it seem like you have activation lag or actual lag. I’m not saying that’s what’s happening, just offering something that can compound the problem more,

It was a problem on PTS but much worse, now it's not as common but it IS there. Many times have I used something for the animation to start but the ability doesn't go and I get locked out of a GCD.

I don't even know how to bug report this or get them to even acknowledge it's a problem.

Certainly others are having the same issue?

I agree. This is very irritating as Inf. Shadow especially when you teleport, procced force breach, then hit force potency a hair too quick and it counts it as if you already used force breach, giving you the full cooldown but no proc.

Also, has anyone noticed on sentinel that the abilities are not lighting up correctly, even if you have force and are within range?

All in all, it feels like someone abilities aren't registering correctly or something.

Guys you should write all this in bug reports and general discussion since devs aren't reading pvp forum and iam sure they need to know about this issue. I also have noticed some abilities pop but nothing happened when i used many abilities too fast one-by-one. It feels like current system can't follow up with our speed of executing skills.

Do you setup ability queue in game settings? It may affect, in other game (RIFT) it was not possible to get top dps if 1 second was not set.

Here on swtor I have 0.25s and ..didn't have what you say for many months. It could happen on some huttbals when fps drops to 7.

It's been happening for a long time but I wouldn't be surprised if it's even worse now. Seems like the devs dont care about addressing a lot of bugs, particularly to do with pvp.

This has led to my disinterest in swtor. Sadly I have a lot of game time left still, so my sub only runs out in a few months.

I'll be infrequently yelling at the clouds until then.

Edited by RACATW

Yes, I've definitely noticed this.

This. It's pretty annoying. Even as an experienced player, knowing what needs to be pressed is convoluted with these ghost GCDs. Wonder what's so hard to fix on this? Do they even know about this problem, AKA acknowledged it?