Why so much love for Guardians and Juggs?

HybridCode

I have 5 lvl 50 characters and recently I have been playing my Guardian tank a lot. Prior to that I was trying out tanking on my Vanguard. When I finally made the switch to play on my Guardian I came to the simple realization that it is easy mode on my Guardian. So much utility. The biggest differences are the fact that the Guardian has a million stuns, cooldowns, a push, two leaps, three if you include the leap after the push, an aoe slow, etc. None of my other classes have as much utility on top of raw damage/defensive ability. And don't even get me started on the Smash/focus spec. So when are the balance changes coming?

I have 5 lvl 50 characters and recently I have been playing my Guardian tank a lot. Prior to that I was trying out tanking on my Vanguard. When I finally made the switch to play on my Guardian I came to the simple realization that it is easy mode on my Guardian. So much utility. The biggest differences are the fact that the Guardian has a million stuns, cooldowns, a push, two leaps, three if you include the leap after the push, an aoe slow, etc. None of my other classes have as much utility on top of raw damage/defensive ability. And don't even get me started on the Smash/focus spec. So when are the balance changes coming?

Don't you mean sents/maras? Juggs/Guards wouldn't have gotten a the buff if they didn't share a tree. :rolleyes:

There is no love for Juggs/Guards. :jawa_frown:

Edited by TalkingDinosaur

I'm just saying I have played every class in the game and this one seems to be a lil o p. Not saying they need to nerf Guard tanks, but at least bring the others on par. On top of that, yes smash/focus specs need to be nerfed. 6-9k aoe instant ability. The devs are simply in love with this class. As much fun as it is to play, a balancing patch needs to come soon.

Do you have a sage or shadow? Those classes have the most utility. Guardians have nothing on either of them.

You are literaly the first person I've heard complain that guardian tanking is too easy compared to other classes. Based on your in-depth analysis and a few other things (randomly starting a thread to whine about a class, weak grasp of facts, few actual details provided or apparently deemed necessary, random exaggerations, etc) I'm going to say it's just your opinion and as far as I'm concerned it's not worth much.

Edited by Savej

A million stuns, lol. Two. If you go full Defense. Which almost nobody does because Unremitting is a must as is Commanding Awe. Otherwise a total of one hard stun. And very little damage, significantly less than either of the other two tanks.

That **** made me laugh hard.

Do you have a sage or shadow? Those classes have the most utility. Guardians have nothing on either of them.

You are literaly the first person I've heard complain that guardian tanking is too easy compared to other classes. Based on your in-depth analysis and a few other things (randomly starting a thread to whine about a class, weak grasp of facts, few actual details provided or apparently deemed necessary, random exaggerations, etc) I'm going to say it's just your opinion and as far as I'm concerned it's not worth much.

it is easy Mode compared to vanguard tank.

The difference between jugs and every other class in the game is that their stun abilities do dmg example force choke. It's , ok this class needs a stun lets add a stun button.

Friendly leap/ dmg reduction

Force push/ reset leap

The only other ability I can think of is sniper with snipe shot/knock back.

Edited by warstory

Star wars lore....

Warriors always win...

Darth Maul: Double bladed light saber, Assassin (DEAD) Killed by Obi'wan Kenobi: Warrior

The Emporer: Lightning spam, obviously a sorc (DEAD) Killed by Darth Vader: Warrior

Padme's assassin: Operative (DEAD) Killed by PT but injured intially by Obi'wan Kenobi: Warrior

Jhengo Fett: Mercenary (DEAD) Killed by Mace Windu: Warrior

You see... the only warriors that died in Star Wars... were killed by other warriors.

Mace Windu was obviously owning The Emporer but got caught tunneling and lolsmashed by Anakin right out the window.

When Obi'wan died at the hands of Vader he was obviously running combat spec. The old guys never adapt to the latest patches so they run previously viable specs. Not knowing that rage had been buffed he fell to the smash of Vader who had obviously read the latest patch notes.

Then later in the series... Luke had learned from the death of Obi'wan and never ran combat spec again and swore to be the greatest smasher in the galaxy. His high midochlorian count and connection with the force lead him to realize that he could drop his crit rating, stack surge and power and smash harder than any Jedi or Sith before him. Thus leading to the lolsmashfest which eventually ended in Vaders death.

This same lore can also be used to explain why mercs/commandos suck.... have you seen how many of those guys die in the movies?

EDIT: this needs it's own thread... the forums are boring today.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

I don think OP's observations are someway off.

True Guardians have more complex way of doing almost anything. PVE, PVP, or DPS/tankin.

But no they are not worst off with players who know what they are doing.

They do have far more utilty. I am always reaching things that don't exist when I switch from Guardian to Vanguard.

Never other way around.

it is easy Mode compared to vanguard tank.

So you're saying a vanguard is hard to play? Ranged aoe taunt, multiple hard stuns, multiple ranged interrupts, lots of ranged aoe damage and lots of interesting snare/immobilization procs that you don't have to directly activate? Mine's only 45 and I mostly just play him when I'm bored (don't like the classes style) but it's not difficult to play and it's plenty useful in wzs.

Edited by Savej

So you're saying a vanguard is hard to play? Ranged aoe taunt, multiple hard stuns, multiple ranged interrupts, lots of ranged aoe damage and lots of interesting snare/immobilization procs that you don't have to directly activate? Mine's only 45 and I mostly just play him when I'm bored (don't like the classes style) but it's not difficult to play and it's plenty useful in wzs.

multiple hard stuns = 2

multiple ranged interrupts = 0 (unless you count gap closers - 2)

sorry, vanguard tanks are the worst of the 3 tanks when it comes to pvp :\

Edited by Kontraz

multiple hard stuns = 2

multiple ranged interrupts = 0 (unless you count gap closers - 2)

sorry, vanguard tanks are the worst of the 3 tanks when it comes to pvp :\

Yes but one of the stuns hits up to 5 ppl. I realize that sages have something better in every way in one of their trees but still...

And while riot strike is short range, both Harpoon and Storm (shield tree) count as long range interrupts.

I didn't say vanguards were better or worse than guardians/shadows - just that they are not harder to play and they are useful.

The difference between jugs and every other class in the game is that their stun abilities do dmg example force choke. It's , ok this class needs a stun lets add a stun button.

Friendly leap/ dmg reduction

Force push/ reset leap

The only other ability I can think of is sniper with snipe shot/knock back.

Sorcerers/Sages, Assassins/Shadows, Operatives/Scoundrels, Gunslingers/Snipers: all have a hard, non-channeled stun that does damage.

Yes but one of the stuns hits up to 5 ppl. I realize that sages have something better in every way in one of their trees but still...

And while riot strike is short range, both Harpoon and Storm (shield tree) count as long range interrupts.

I didn't say vanguards were better or worse than guardians/shadows - just that they are not harder to play and they are useful.

I think what the OP was trying to prove was that Jugg tanks have everything PT tanks have, plus more. Hence, making them "easier to play" from a purely tanking/utility perspective for PvP

I think what the OP was trying to prove was that Jugg tanks have everything PT tanks have, plus more. Hence, making them "easier to play" from a purely tanking/utility perspective for PvP

Guardians do have a little (a little) more cc and maneuverability than vanguard tanks do. But guardians don't have a ranged aoe taunt which is incredibly useful in pvp. And they don't have several of the ranged aoe damage tools that vanguards have. I can put out more damage on my vanguard tank, more easily (with less risk of being cc'd or targeted or getting hit with melee aoe). There is no night-and-day, one is much better/easier/harder-to-do-well-with difference between the two classes: they have different styles/fortes, definitely, but that's basically it.

Guardians do have a little (a little) more cc and maneuverability than vanguard tanks do. But guardians don't have a ranged aoe taunt which is incredibly useful in pvp. And they don't have several of the ranged aoe damage tools that vanguards have. I can put out more damage on my vanguard tank, more easily (with less risk of being cc'd or targeted or getting hit with melee aoe). There is no night-and-day, one is much better/easier/harder-to-do-well-with difference between the two classes: they have different styles/fortes, definitely, but that's basically it.

Guardians have an AoE taunt. Every tank class has both a taunt and an AoE taunt.