Neyla Hawkins

Slowpokeking

So is she Mia Hawkins' relative? I let Mia live in both of my agents but she still came out and fight me, seems like only Arden Kothe makes a difference?

Edit; This thread should probably be in the Spoilers section. As such, I've put Spoiler tags around everything...

Ah HA! One of the many complicated decision trees for the Imperial Agent! Yay!

Luckily, I've leveled both a Light and Dark Agent.

Assuming you are referring to:

The incident in the museum on Correlia, when you are trying to fake your death and an SIS/SpecOps team shows up to arrest you.

Dark Side:

So, my Sniper was pretty much a sociopath who killed everyone. Dead Mia, Dead Kothe, Dead Kothe's Team. The SpecOps leader was indeed Nyla Hawkins. Based on her resemblance to Mia and her contempt for me, it's safe to assume they are related and she was eager to pay me back for offing little sis. The "Inigo Montoya" clause, as it were.

Yeah, killed her too. And her silly team. And insulted the Republic SIS guy on the Holo when he suggested I surrender :p

If you didn't kill Mia on Tatooine though, it's odd Nyla would show up hunting you since in sparing her, you did her family a huge favor. If you think about it, Mia had some valuable information for a short time, but was terrible at the spy game and kept screwing up, which led to the whole scene with the old man in the desert. Killing her makes sense light or dark, and Watcher 2 tells you to eliminate her anyway, so dead she was.

Light Side:

Spared Kothe and everyone on his team, including Chance. And sparing Kothe isn't easy to do on Quesh since only 1 convo option at the end of CH 2 will spare him; you have to read his codex entry carefully. I happened to also spare Mia, which I still felt kinda dirty about. Boy did Kaliyo hate that too.

At the museum, it's Kothe who showed up with Saber and a couple of SpecOps (I guess). No Nyla Hawkins. And believe me I looked for her. So Nyla showing up seems to be tied to Kothe and his team's survival if you spared Mia and Nyla showed up anyway. Seems a bit off. But honestly, the Agent story has so many differences depending what choice you make, I guess it's understandable if the devs tied Nyla's appearance to the wrong death. No way to know for sure. I could make several justifications, but they'd be pure speculation.

*resisting the impulse to level a 3rd Agent...must...not...do...it...*

:)

Edited by Mercurial_Harpy
should be in Spoliers

I remember she said she was the sister of "Eagle" in my first agent.

Also, killing Ardun Kothe is not sociopath, he deserves more than death for what he did.

Interesting...

I didn't get that from her. That's all very interesting, if Nyla, Mia and the Eagle were all family.

Sheesh. Thinking that through just might make my head explode. :eek:

And if you recall, if you have Lokin out with you if you kill Kothe, he says outright "Death is too good for him." Not that it wasn't, just my Sniper wouldn't even have considered sparing him, for any reason. :)

Interesting...

I didn't get that from her. That's all very interesting, if Nyla, Mia and the Eagle were all family.

Sheesh. Thinking that through just might make my head explode. :eek:

And if you recall, if you have Lokin out with you if you kill Kothe, he says outright "Death is too good for him." Not that it wasn't, just my Sniper wouldn't even have considered sparing him, for any reason. :)

I didn't get it the 2nd time either, maybe because I joined Jadus in my 2nd IA.

I remember he said something like I was a forgiving person overall and he rarely see me do this.

Edited by Slowpokeking

So, for giggles and grins I just watched a few Agent play-throughs on You Tube. Yeah, was bored this morning.

Dark-side Chiss Female Agent, Hand of Jadus, who got Nyla Hawkins in the Museum on Correlia. She picked completely different convo options than I did, but in her conversation options, Nyla states the following:

*Nyla, like Mia, worked for "The Eagle" on Tattoine

*Because you took out the Eagle, the Imps hunted down the rest of her terrorist colleagues. Nyla=ANGRY.

*Nyla was recruited by the SIS because "they both had an enemy in common...you."

*Nyla was tipped (presumably by Hunter) that you would be on Correllia and was asked to participate in a joint operation to take you out.

*Nyla was there specifically to kill you because you "destroyed" her sister.

Apparently, even if you let Mia live, things don't turn out so well for her. It's likely that she lost her marbles or got caught up in the post Eagle clean up.

See, told you Mia was useless :)

On the flip side:

If you keep Kothe alive, he in turn wants ~you~ alive, as he still believes you can be turned. And since he and his team had direct experience with you, as soon as Hunter tipped off SIS that's where you were, it would have been his team, not Nyla, sent to fetch you.

Continually amazed at the arcs the IA story can take. The vid above is worth watching.The player did a great job with her conversation choices.