Your dream star wars game.

Inyourfacebook

If you could have one star wars themed game what would it feel and play like?

I'd never leave my basement If I could get my paws on a star wars game that played like an stat building RPG similar to skyrim, but with the love this KOTOR series has vacuum packed inside of it. Image how cool it would be to start out on a ditry run down planet and learn the ways of the force and quest through some fan favorite worlds.

I would love a game based around Imperial Agents. Lots of stealth-reliant missions, lots of sociopolitical maneuvering, little actual combat - it being reserved for special boss fights mainly.

Oh and Sims Star Wars, so not kidding :D Just an entirely social game where you get to soak up all the Star Wars flavor.

Sandbox world. Skill based design. Either 2+neutral faction, or 3+faction. Amount of content to rival themepark games (lets face it. I love sandbox design, but players shouldn't have to make ALL the content). Flag for pvp, and killing NPC's of opposing faction flags. Social classes. SWG crafting. Basically SWG with content, but put in any era other than the movie era. There is no room to expand the lore there.

Sandbox world. Skill based design. Either 2+neutral faction, or 3+faction. Amount of content to rival themepark games (lets face it. I love sandbox design, but players shouldn't have to make ALL the content). Flag for pvp, and killing NPC's of opposing faction flags. Social classes. SWG crafting. Basically SWG with content, but put in any era other than the movie era. There is no room to expand the lore there.

As I read each sentence, I kept thinking "Man I miss Galaxies..." I completely agree, a SWG 2 that had ANYone other than SOE could make a fantastic game. I really haven't seen any other MMO that allowed the same utter freedom that Galaxies had.

While I love Bioware's story telling, the one thing Galaxies got right was real roleplaying. Despite its many flaws, Bounty Hunters literally tracked other players down for bounties. Doctors sat in hospitals earning money by treating players wounds. Entertainers made money by healing players battle fatigue. Master crafters hired master combat professionals to go out and harvest materials from dangerous planets because that's the way the two people chose to respectively play the game. Oh, and uh, player housing/cities.

If someone could ever recreate that sense of community and freedom in an MMO again, especially in a Star Wars universe like TOR, I would literally throw my wallet at them. Unfortunately, the only venue for that sense freedom is a game like EvE, which requires a little more dedication than I think the average gamer is willing to put in (Also, its ships and long-range warfare, not people and CQC).

Agree 100%

I really like the story driven MMO idea. I think there should be more of a push to get more people to group up, the social part is the best thing about an MMO. There HAS to be the general open flight sim added. This was the biggest thing that Galaxies was able to accomplish and I think that it was the most Star Wars(ish) thing that they have ever done. There are many Xwing/Tie Fighter fans (Yeah I am dating myself) that liked Galaxies for that one reason.

Lastly, maybe instead of adding companions that are premade, make one that is character driven. When the character is created, the interface asks a few questions about this custom companion. Gender, attitude, NAME, etc. Add this companion in where it makes sense, like subbing this one for Kira or Risha if it is a female with attitude, etc.

Realistically, Jedi Knight 4. I played Outcast on and off for years and still love it, in fact SWTOR made me reinstall it. The lightsaber dynamics in that game were the best I've ever seen, fights could end in seconds or minutes depending on your skill and luck. Plus, the story was great.

Now, my dream game would be a mix of Elder Scrolls for the freedom, Elite for the space flight, Jedi Knight for the combat and Dragon Age for the choices and story. However, since such a game would take a decade or more to make and be outdated as soon as it hit the stores, I can keep dreaming.

So, for now, I'il gladly settle for TOR.

This, pretty much, for me as well. I like the era SWTOR is set in but anything very much BBY would do.

I like the quests and story in SWTOR but would like to emerge into more of a sandbox world with more player built stuff (economy, crafting, etc, but more controlled player housing so as not to butcher the landscapes), deeper crafting/harvesting/player merchanting..., deeper space play. (If they could get the tech to let you hyperspace to another planer and pull into it and have to find a spaceport of large clearing to land and then go about the ground game from there that would be awesome.

I'd prefer both self-flag for PVP but also some of it perhaps forced randomly throughout the day -- but not all day so people can go about their biz too. Maybe faction invasions of cities or fortifications of the opposite where players online are invited by the game to board invading ships and it loads them into the attack zone and then the opposite faction gets the alert to come defend.

Edited by Darth_Syphilis

My version of SWG2:

Takes place immediately after RotJ. The opening cinema is the destruction of the Deathstar and a summary of how the Empire is loosing it's grasp on many planets. (The planet's didn't suddenly become free from Imperial oppression the moment the Emperor died).

You play as a Rebel trying to free the oppressed worlds, an Imperial defending the worlds they already have or a Neutral.

Open world like Elder Scrolls.

No levels, just skills earned through gaining experience. Skills based on faction, there are no professions. Skill points are limited. DPS, Healing and Tanking are based on skills so you can be really good at one or be a jack of all trades. Crafting skills (once again, not professions) are also limited but pull from a different pool.

Missions:

Neutral players: All Neutral missions, some Rebel and some Imperial missions.

Rebel Players: All Neutral missions, all Rebel Missions.

Imperial Players: All Neutral missions, all Imperial Missions.

A few Planets and their themes:

Tatooine: War among gangs for control of what was once Jabba's criminal network.

Couruscant: Imperial starting world. Internal fighting for control, terrorist attacks by Rebels.

Corellia: Rebel starting world. Celebration and an eagerness to push forward with ending the empire.

Just a quick idea I had.

KOTOR 3 but like Skyrim, and by that I mean you fight dragons and you can join guilds and it's the midieval times and instead of lightsabers you have these things called swords. and instead of spaceships you have horses, but you can't fight. Your character just works on a farm and reads the newspaper and complains about the economy. And maybe he is blind so you just stare at a black screen the whole time.

okay i'm kidding, but I do like the KOTOR 3/Skyrim Idea