Introducing the Alliance System

TaitWatson

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But why the need to take out companions' unique abilities? It makes sense for someone who gained a new role to have generic abilities in that role, but why would you make the effort to diminish companion identity? Example: HK losing assassinate (which some may deem overpowered) feels like a huge misstep. Edited by Infocynic

I am curious the design choice behind putting the influence thingie as a huge grind barrier since you will need 250k total influence to reach rank 50 by my calculations, way more than the 10k cap that was before. This not only require numerous and numerous companion gifts but you also have to do it for multiple companions if you want to use them for crafting. Not to mention the companions thingie aren't legacy wide so you have to redo the grind in another character.

I am curious the design choice behind putting the influence thingie as a huge grind barrier since you will need 250k total influence to reach rank 50 by my calculations, way more than the 10k cap that was before. This not only require numerous and numerous companion gifts but you also have to do it for multiple companions if you want to use them for crafting. Not to mention the companions thingie aren't legacy wide so you have to redo the grind in another character.

Holy crap... i never realised this. FFFFFF

Really nice... positive incentive to keep subscribing... to grind 250k affection with EACH companion.

So a bunch of the conversations have a silent protagonist? Why? That's going to be unbelievably distracting. Who the hell thought that was a good idea? It's just such a blatant way of saying, "**** class stories. **** even bothering to get a bunch of classes to read these lines. Here's a *********** out-of-place text conversation for you to grind towards." Edited by Millardkillmoore

Classic Bioware... saying one thing, but really meaning another. I really appreciate your misleading wording there... Was this just an excuse to not have to pay the voice actors even more money by saying it's more "classic"?

Story character narrative lines in classic conversations are fully voiced as you have all come to expect. Player responses in classic conversations are presented as an open-ended list of response options, displayed in full (as opposed to in paraphrases), and are not voiced.

I can use companions from another Classes ???

My Wildstar character can wait for a while !! Im heading back to Swtor RIGHT NOW !!!

Edit :

I think im gonna swap Skadge for Quinn. lets see how it works out :t_biggrin:

Edited by Vexacuz

I am very excited about this article. I understand there may be some "grinding", but I view this as part of any mmo game. I am interested in the new companion characters, but concerned about two things in this post.

1. it appears you could kill a companion based on the story choices you make. What if this companion is your favorite and you had them maxed in influence and you didn't realize you were sending them to their death. How can you get them back? You don't? OH NO! How do you replace them?

2. I noticed in the "KOTOR" dialogue that companions will be voiced, but our responses as players will not. I understand that in by doing this Bioware is giving us more options, but seriously this is probably the biggest issue I am most disappointed in reading about in this blog. I feel Bioware could have take the time (yes, it can be done with a little more effort) to voice all responses. I enjoy the story and I feel cheated as a subscriber that I think leaving out the voiced responses was just laziness and taking a short cut. Very disappointed in this respect.

Sorry BioWare, I loved the fact that this game was fully voice acted, the PC Voice Actors are extremely talented in their work and I do feel kind of disappointed in that we won't be getting a fully voice out expansion. But other than that small gripe I'm very excited for Fallen Empire and I can't wait to get started once the download is complete.

Quinn, Prepare to die!

So if y understand weel, for the allaince conversations, isntead of a unique, fully-voiced system like before, we good back to that old-schooled interface without voices for our answers. I thought SWTOR was unique on that point, but it's nothing more than almost any other rpg.

Hope it only concerns alliance and not all conversations. Nostalgy of kotor is one thing, regression another.

[/disappointed and confused]

I am extremely disappointed in the shift to "Classic Conversation Presentation". Some of my favorite moments from the game were the back and fourth full voiced companion talks.

Getting more of them was probably the only thing I was truly excited for in all of KotFE (along with a great many changes I dislike).

Companion characters have always been a big part of our personal stories, and with the upcoming release of the new Digital Expansion
I can't tell you how glad I am...

...that this is a digital expansion and not a physical one...

...because my disk drive can't play expanded disks.