How Do I Defeat Lord Vivicar?

ARPeabody

Being unable to search these posts I make this stab in the dark.

In two previous Beta incarnations I have been utterly unable to even faze Lord Vivicar before he hits me with something out of the blue that instantly takes me out. How do I defeat that? what does ne use against me that takes out ALL my health in one fell blow? How do I defend against that? :mad:

if you are levelling as the tank spec shadow believe me it makes everything way easier. If you fight him around lvl 32 the fight itself is a piece of cake. I was actually disappointed that the fight was so easy. Always use Theran, heals make for better soloing of content. You shouldn't need to bring a friend at all. Easiest way to solo the story is to roll tank.

as above you need to interrupt otherwise he will one shot your companion and you.

dw I found out the hard way too :D

Interrupt and job done

I'm a seer sage and did him at the normal level, no need to come back later or bring a friend.

Edited by ManaMonkey

I have solod lord vivicar, all you have to do is interrupt his one-shot cast ability. Other than that its cake. If you miss a single interrupt, then you will die. You have a skill to interrupt casts, im not exactly sure what its called, but the cooldown on his cast is long enough for your interrupt to always be up when he casts it.

Every Consular has three interupts to available (Mind Snap, Force Stun and Force Wave). Make sure you have at least one available at all times against Vivicar, and later against Stark. That might mean being close enough to use Force Wave. Be ready to use them quickly. Those are 2 fights where interupting is required to survive.
  • Thanks 1

His ability is called something like crushing dark, watch for it on the cast bar, you can either interrupt it, or use the environment to break his line of sight, this works and was the only way i could solo him, keep distance, use your stun only as last resort, keep your interrupt button smoking, and if you're running a healer like i was, keep your shield and instant hot rolling, also use your instant cast slow to keep him off you. Took maybe 2 full minutes to kill him without my companion as he kept getting one shot.

if you are playing sage use some of the lower level things like telekinetic throw with cedric out i play shadow but holliday would stun him for a few telekinetic throw drove him crazy and he was really easy to take down made me feel sad after those mobs (which cedric felt he needed to pull the whole room every time) but yah just interrupt him and hes dead fast

Died the first time and was like: What the?! I was at 75% health...

Then I put 2 and 2 together and the second fight was easy, he hardly did any real damage and Qyzen and I took him down real quick (Kinetic Shadow lvl 31)

Interrupt or stun when you see him cast, it's not that hard as it's pretty long cast timer.

Its designed to teach you how to use your abilities to overcome the challenge. They actually put effort into these class boss fights.

until a completionist tries to do it and is at around level 37 when he takes the act boss on

Hi one-shot ability -- if not interrupted -- will hit for over-9000. No, seriously. Well, it hit both Qyzen and me for those amounts in the first run-through of the fight.

His skill induction is really rather long, so in your second run-through its much easier to spot -- and to interrupt. Even at level 40, I'd hazard a guess that if you don't interrupt him, you'll still be one-shotted.

What would life be like if we all didn't learn something new every day...? :)