Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I know what parsley shows, but are vanguards & power techs that bad in boss fights?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
I know what parsley shows, but are vanguards & power techs that bad in boss fights?

Letsjet
02.23.2021 , 11:52 AM | #1
I saw 1 post a while ago mention that they were fantastic in nightmare runs, but I don't know why. I'd like to level my tactics vanguard as a dps, but i don't want to be crippled to half damage of every other dps

and plasmatech vanguard is fine too
"I see you have constructed a new light saber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen."

sithBracer
02.23.2021 , 02:42 PM | #2
Lol. look at the starparse records for accurate numbers. Vanguards are #1 on almost all hm bosses in dps. http://ixparse.com/rating/
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

Sideblaze
02.23.2021 , 05:56 PM | #3
PT performs poorly on dummies, but they're pretty much gods in most 'real' fights.

AdjeYo
02.23.2021 , 07:42 PM | #4
PT's have multiple ways where taking damage makes you deal damage, which all disappear on dummy parses. They are very capable in boss fights.

JulWolle
02.24.2021 , 02:23 AM | #5
If you want fight performance look at fight parses.
The dummy parse is nice to cmpare your ability to play the class,but that is all.
On starparse you can also check operation parses for every single boss and pt is the top dps in like 80%+ of the time

Letsjet
02.24.2021 , 10:26 AM | #6
Nice. Hard numbers that validate what I've heard in passing
"I see you have constructed a new light saber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen."