DPS/Survivability question??

HemiHilliard

Fairly new to the shadow so I was wondering which tree has good dps and Survivability if possible for PVE? I've been seeing a lot of ppl say balance is the way to go for dps but I just wanna be sure I'm not gonna be too squishy. Share your thoughts please and feel free to share any tips for rotations and stuff. Thanks! Edited by HemiHilliard

PvP or PvE?

I think PvP, well imho we can't compare Balance and Infiltration because their goals are different:

While Infiltration wants to burn down quickly a single target, Balance does a wide damage to do pression spamming dot around (tho it can do a nice burst)

Infiltration ,especially the hyibrd has higher survivability.

If PvE, Balance outperforms Infiltration in all ways. :(

PvP or PvE?

I think PvP, well imho we can't compare Balance and Infiltration because their goals are different:

While Infiltration wants to burn down quickly a single target, Balance does a wide damage to do pression spamming dot around (tho it can do a nice burst)

Infiltration ,especially the hyibrd has higher survivability.

If PvE, Balance outperforms Infiltration in all ways. :(

Sorry forgot to mention I was asking for PVE thanks!

oh ok well it's easier for pve.

Balance does so much dps that you can't ignore..maybe just 2 bosses where there are many target swaps etc you can run infiltration but..they have both deent survivability.

oh ok well it's easier for pve.

Balance does so much dps that you can't ignore..maybe just 2 bosses where there are many target swaps etc you can run infiltration but..they have both deent survivability.

Cool thx! Sounds like I'll be going balanced then, I just wanted to be sure I was gonna choose right and was wondering if anyone would say kinetic would be good enough b/c of the Survivability of it. But I also didn't wanna be talking forever taking out a mob lol. My sentinnel is at lvl 49 right now and I love how quick I can take a mob out but I'm just wanting a change for alittle while after I get him to 55.

Cool thx! Sounds like I'll be going balanced then, I just wanted to be sure I was gonna choose right and was wondering if anyone would say kinetic would be good enough b/c of the Survivability of it. But I also didn't wanna be talking forever taking out a mob lol. My sentinnel is at lvl 49 right now and I love how quick I can take a mob out but I'm just wanting a change for alittle while after I get him to 55.

kinetic is a tank tree ;)