To the "Nothing to do at 50" crowd.

Sparklehorse

I hit 50 last week and between running hard mode flash points, doing dailies on Illum, gearing 6 characters (yes you need to gear your companions as well,) slowly working on my pvp ranking, crafting, I am finding that there isn't enough time in the day to accomplish all of my daily goals.

Last night my guild completed EV, 8 man. It took about 3 hours and was good fun with some awesome content. After EV we cleared Hutt Hospitality, the other operation (raid.) It took less than 30 minutes to organize these and on normal mode they are no more difficult than a hard mode flash point. Overall, a very fun and interesting way to spend 3 hours on a Sunday evening with friends.

So let us be very clear here.

At 50 you can:

1: Run Flash Points.

2: Run Hard Mode Flash Points.

3: Do daily repeatable quests on Illum for gear upgrades or just for credits or just for (gasp) fun.

4: Do repeatable group quests on other planets, some of which have specific goals in mind, for instance, there is a planet where you can do daily group quests that reward orange level gear specifically for your companions.

5: Craft. Believe it or not, some people LOVe doing this and it is actually quite entertaining in this game.

6: PVP. It's pretty good here. Lots of reasons to do this, particularly with the coming ranking system. This will keep some people very busy for days on end.

7: Socialize. Yes, people do still like to just "hang out" and have fun shooting the breeze. Get in there and meet new people you anti-social gits!

8: Space Combat. Many people enjoy this very much.

9: Run normal mode, 8 man operations. Some good story here and very simple to organize and complete.

10: Run hard mode, 8 man operations. Again, easy to organize but a much steeper learning curve with gear rewards that reflect this.

11: Run 16 man normal operations. Harder to organize but much more epic in scale. If you have a big guild or a huge friends list or both, it's well worth the time to organize one of these and get it going.

12: Run 16 man operations on hard mode. Not for the feint of heart but just what the doctor ordered for others.

So there. Took me 5 minutes to think of 12 things you can do at 50. This list encompasses all player types and I dare you to find time to do all of these and still be bored.

I submit that if people are bored at 50, the problem lies in the person themselves and not with the content that has been provided.

It's like my dear old granny used to say. If you're bored, you're boring.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugged and rewards are meh.

3: Do daily repeatable quests on Illum for gear upgrades or just for credits or just for (gasp) fun.

4: Do repeatable group quests on other planets, some of which have specific goals in mind, for instance, there is a planet where you can do daily group quests that reward orange level gear specifically for your companions.

Woopie do, grind the same quest over and over, so immersive voice acting oh my god I feel so heroic.

5: Craft. Believe it or not, some people LOVe doing this and it is actually quite entertaining in this game.

Biochem or bust it seems, for their reusable consumables, no point crafting armors and whatnot.

6: PVP. It's pretty good here. Lots of reasons to do this, particularly with the coming ranking system. This will keep some people very busy for days on end.

by the time I got enough centurion commendations for one piece of centurion gear, I had all Champion pieces except gloves, eventually the same will happen with battlemaster.

7: Socialize. Yes, people do still like to just "hang out" and have fun shooting the breeze. Get in there and meet new people you anti-social gits!

eh...

Starfox only goes so far

9: Run normal mode, 8 man operations. Some good story here and very simple to organize and complete.

10: Run hard mode, 8 man operations. Again, easy to organize but a much steeper learning curve with gear rewards that reflect this.

11: Run 16 man normal operations. Harder to organize but much more epic in scale. If you have a big guild or a huge friends list or both, it's well worth the time to organize one of these and get it going.

Here's where you insert Ohlen's quote regarding a group of heroes vs one big monster, "its not heroic guys"

I guess its either grind valor rank so I can RNG some battlemaster gear, and grind operations in the meantime.

Edited by Tendou

Woopie do, grind the same quest over and over, so immersive voice acting oh my god I feel so heroic.

Biochem or bust it seems, for their reusable consumables, no point crafting armors and whatnot.

by the time I got enough centurion commendations for one piece of centurion gear, I had all Champion pieces except gloves, eventually the same will happen with battlemaster.

eh...

Starfox only goes so far

Here's where you insert Ohlen's quote regarding a group of heroes vs one big monster, "its not heroic guys"

I guess its either grind valor rank so I can RNG some battlemaster gear, and grind operations in the meantime.

This only shows you don't know what you're talking about and just parroting misinformation. The OP is correct on everything he said and being one who has ran EV I can attest to it. You on the other hand are just a parrot.

eh...

Starfox only goes so far

MMO'S are not for you.,

I really hate when people do this. Multiple difficulty levels is not more content. If my single player game has 3 difficulty settings for me to choose from, it doesn't make it 3 times the game.

This is the WoW trap haha. Now they're up to THREE difficulty levels * 2 for 10/25 mans.

IMO, if you think that you keep having to tell people what to do at level 50 then you're not listening to their concerns or you simply don't understand them.

I'm not level 50 so I can't really talk but I look forward to leveling my second character already based on the immersing story for my first.

I hit 50 last week and between running hard mode flash points, doing dailies on Illum, gearing 6 characters (yes you need to gear your companions as well,) slowly working on my pvp ranking, crafting, I am finding that there isn't enough time in the day to accomplish all of my daily goals.

Last night my guild completed EV, 8 man. It took about 3 hours and was good fun with some awesome content. After EV we cleared Hutt Hospitality, the other operation (raid.) It took less than 30 minutes to organize these and on normal mode they are no more difficult than a hard mode flash point. Overall, a very fun and interesting way to spend 3 hours on a Sunday evening with friends.

At 50 you can:

12: Run 16 man operations on hard mode. Not for the feint of heart but just what the doctor ordered for others.

So there. Took me 5 minutes to think of 12 things you can do at 50. This list encompasses all player types and I dare you to find time to do all of these and still be bored.

I submit that if people are bored at 50, the problem lies in the person themselves and not with the content that has been provided.

If you manage to be entertained by your 12 points for more than 1-2 weeks then its probably you who is boring.

Sorry but reading this I was already bored to death.

Its still a great game, just your post is really really for people who have nothing to do at all

At 50 you can:

So,

Level, Craft, talk to people, raid and quest (do dailies.)

Ok this is every MMO on the planet Earth.

With less raids, boring repeatables (the spacebar is annoying.) The content is buggy (especially 16 man.) None of these you have tried (ignorant post.) No mention of nightmare modes (way buggy and again, shows you are uniformed.) ... and dailies ... ok, 2 days and you are upgraded / modded.

A week of FPs BAM, near or at Full T2 (if you can get groups.) The FPs are also spacebar bore fests.

PvP / quests yadda yadda, you are stating opinion, and Hutball is not fun ... most agree (especially republic side,) and probably IMP side, especially on Imp dominated servers (imbalanced factions,) where most of those queues for them are in fact Huttball.

So yes,

Buggy raids and FPs

Annoying PVP

Boring dailies

Nothing worth crafting (even the alien datacard stuff is lackluster.)

Guess there are magenta crystals and datacrons. (66/67 cause of the buddy Illum) .. and the repub plus 10 ... but even then, annoyingly buggy and frustrating experience for the min/maxer.

It's not about the "what" to do, but about the means to do it.

I agree that the people plainly saying there's nothing to do are lying or overreacting.

The functionality of the game when it actually comes down to do said things on the other hand, is quite atrocious for a 2012 title.

Believe it or not?

You can't be serious. I love crafting and when Erickson said the following in an interview I was excited.

The best stuff is always going to come from other players, and then be made by other players. There will be stuff that you can craft that is among the best stuff in the entire game. So very close to the top tier that you could get for anything.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/11/12/massively-interviews-bioware-on-swtors-crafting-and-pvp/

It's a damn shame that isn't true and worse anything but Biochem is pointless. I love the system I hate it's execution.

Edited by Chromiie

I appreciate that you enjoy all those things but they're standard (as defined by a certain other MMO giant) fare as far as things go in the MMO world.

People expected more content to keep them more involved in their character's storyline. Something class specific preferably. Bioware promised as such, but like many things - haven't delivered.

Other than that, I've found that just making an alt is probably better for people complaining as you get to experience another story.

MMO'S are not for you.,

No this MMO is not for him, upcoming MMOs are funny enough havin a different take on MMOs, I know you figured that if any one who's not enjoying SWTOR can't enjoy MMOs period well no this isn't 04 if it was I'd say your correct but in simple terms you are not.

I am very sorry many of you think this game sets the standards it hasn't, so deal with it both haters, neutral guys, and lovers.

All Operation stuff is dead for the week

Flashpoints that provide no gear are 100% worthless

Dailies that provide no real upgrades is not fun

Crafting anything is a huge waste of time

Warzones with low levels are a waste(fix is coming I know)

Leveling alts gets old fast

There is definitely STUFF to do, but its boring as ****.

WoW was just as boring, so I am not going to go crying a river, but at least I felt like I should log onto my character.

1: Run Flash Points. - No point at 50, your orange gear + mods are better than most, if not all, gear that drops

2: Run Hard Mode Flash Points. - Most of these are bugged and not currently worth the time investment as orange + daily mods = better

3: Do daily repeatable quests on Illum for gear upgrades or just for credits or just for (gasp) fun. - Don't find these fun, the PvP daily/weekly is a joke as everyone just trades and credits are easy to make without doing dailies.

4: Do repeatable group quests on other planets, some of which have specific goals in mind, for instance, there is a planet where you can do daily group quests that reward orange level gear specifically for your companions. - Again see the reasoning behind #1

5: Craft. Believe it or not, some people LOVe doing this and it is actually quite entertaining in this game. - Crafting is done by your companions, requires no investment on your part other than REing items

6: PVP. It's pretty good here. Lots of reasons to do this, particularly with the coming ranking system. This will keep some people very busy for days on end. - Couldn't disagree more. The warzones are very basic and in it's current state I don't find any enjoyment in these.

7: Socialize. Yes, people do still like to just "hang out" and have fun shooting the breeze. Get in there and meet new people you anti-social gits! - First thing on the list I can agree with. Lot of former WoW guildies I haven't talked to in forever have moved here, only reason I'm still around at this point.

8: Space Combat. Many people enjoy this very much. - It's like 5 maps where the stuff doesn't die as fast and they throw in a super ship. Super easy and insanely repetitive.

9: Run normal mode, 8 man operations. Some good story here and very simple to organize and complete. - No different than WoW, once you've seen it it isn't new and the nonstop grind for gear killed my interest in WoW long ago.

You could have just written "Grind content with no story, or story you've already played" 12 times...

No this MMO is not for him, upcoming MMOs are funny enough havin a different take on MMOs, I know you figured that if any one who's not enjoying SWTOR can't enjoy MMOs period well no this isn't 04 if it was I'd say your correct but in simple terms you are not.

I am very sorry many of you think this game sets the standards it hasn't, so deal with it both haters, neutral guys, and lovers.

No that's your opinion.............. Not fact so give it a rest.

Use the "OMG WOW" card when presented with a post that has constructive criticism of this game and barely mentions WoW at all. Got it.

When you reply to a post on forums, it's nice if your reply has some sort of connection to the actual conversation at hand.