Unify color fail

Hizoka

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have to admit im really disapointed in this...i was looking forward to making my rakatta armour blue or green....but no...chest is black so all is black....

I hate to admit it but 1.2 so far feels really half arsed , legacy level of 32....and it gives me nothing really..i still have to spend a load of credits to unlock anything..all I've gained is buffs...woo...

meh early days so far but if this was the big "game saver" i think you failed guys ...

have to admit im really disapointed in this...i was looking forward to making my rakatta armour blue or green....but no...chest is black so all is black....

I hate to admit it but 1.2 so far feels really half arsed , legacy level of 32....and it gives me nothing really..i still have to spend a load of credits to unlock anything..all I've gained is buffs...woo...

meh early days so far but if this was the big "game saver" i think you failed guys ...

so you somehow thought the systems were something they weren't (even though everything was described in detail to us) and now are disappointed that your expectations weren't met?

Edited by KrittaB

i dunno explain why you failed.

I think most hater responses are for Leyv and his wrong expectations.

It seems you have a legitimate issue with your headpiece not recoloring.

Doesn't it work for any headpiece, or just specific ones?

not sure if trolling...

I think most hater responses are for Leyv and his wrong expectations.

It seems you have a legitimate issue with your headpiece not recoloring.

Doesn't it work for any headpiece, or just specific ones?

i tried it with 6 different helmets, others are having the same issue, unify colors will not change a helmet.

Irony it's what's for dinner. :rolleyes:

Obviously you mean the person they quoted saying that people don't comprehend reading when they failed to comprehend this thread, not a small capitalization error. Because that wouldn't be ironic. However, if you do want to play that game.

Irony, it's what's for dinner. :rolleyes:

Ironic, isn't it?

What is the failure specifically? Can you show us some pictures to illustrate what has "failed"?

I haven't tried with your specific set but remember what they said at the Guild Summit... this function does not automatically change every piece of armor to be exactly color-matched. It changes pieces based on how the armoring artist chose to set the pieces up.

If the helmet is somehow complementary instead of matched, that may be what the artist intended. If it is completely clashing with the chest piece, then this may be a bug or something similar.

not trolling at all

let me make myself clear im staying with the game as im a star wars fan ..but for me customisation generally translates to the ability to customise things?..

so take my main...trooper in full rakatta gear..the colour of this is black...

using the new customisation tool i get the option of having my armour black or black...

I've made my tree and have messed around with a few bits and bobs but i'm honestly left with the overbearing feeling of.."this is half arsed"..the vid's and interviews at the start claimed group finder's , new crafting recipies customisation etc and it all seems to have just falled away..and whilst im sure we'll get them later this is not what all the people who were coming back believing 1.2 would be the saviour of the game will be expecting..

which could damn the game further ....

even the legacy tree unlocks seem ..well rubbish...the costs in credits whilst negligable for end game seem ridiculous...and you seem to get nothing for your legacy level save the ability to pay the next level of costs.

As I said Its early days but im honestly concerned that its going to cost moreplayers who were quite frankly expecting more from the miracle patch ...

meh

not trolling at all

You actually are, you just don't know it. Let me look at your post and try and explain to you why.

let me make myself clear im staying with the game as im a star wars fan ..but for me customisation generally translates to the ability to customise things?..

so take my main...trooper in full rakatta gear..the colour of this is black...

using the new customisation tool i get the option of having my armour black or black..

Indeed it does translate to the ability to customize things, because changing color to chestpiece is technically that.

Furthermore, not once was anything else but the 'match color to chestpiece' feature, which was already in beta but removed from live because of bugs, announced when it comes to color customization.

The only other customization that was announced and delivered was the ability to remove all mods from all endgame gear and keep your look endgame viable (note, viable, not competitive necessarily). They actually expanded on that and made it possible for crafters to learn schematics for orange moddable versions of nearly all gear in game through reverse engineering.

That is some pretty big customization options if you ask me.

..the vid's and interviews at the start claimed group finder's , new crafting recipies customisation etc and it all seems to have just falled away..and whilst im sure we'll get them later this is not what all the people who were coming back believing 1.2 would be the saviour of the game will be expecting..

First of all: No, not one vid or interview mentioned the group finder of 1.2, ever. Not once. Just check. The closest it was ever mentioned was 'a possible 1.3 feature, and maybe sooner.' But that same quote came from someone stating as fact that it will not be in 1.2. So at most a patch between 1.2 and 1.3.

Furthermore: I already explained the crafting recipes and how it works in 1.2. They are not buyable, but Reverse Engineered. They are in game, all of them. Just check.

even the legacy tree unlocks seem ..well rubbish...the costs in credits whilst negligable for end game seem ridiculous...and you seem to get nothing for your legacy level save the ability to pay the next level of costs.

So, your Legacy level gives you the ability to buy new or better versions of abilities. Just like.. level 1 to 50 did.

Yeah..

As I said Its early days but im honestly concerned that its going to cost moreplayers who were quite frankly expecting more from the miracle patch ...

meh

Well, people will always expect more than promised. Responses on this forum already show it. The only legitimate complaint is the sudden removal of the promised ranked warzones but that is actually barely being complained about anymore just one day after. Because they had a good reason to remove it: Not wanting to release it buggy. People accept that.

People with unrealistically high expectations that come in no way from any real promises ever made will always be disappointed.

Expect low, and let yourself be amazed by what you do get. I've been doing it the last 5 years and I've enjoyed games and gaming a lot more since. I too used to be an entitled **** who always knew better. And then I grew up and realized nobody promised me a pony, I just really wanted one. So instead of expecting a pony from everything and everyone, I started to realize I need to work to get my own pony. And I am, and I'm a happier person because of it.

Try it, I'm sure you'll like it too.

Edited by Devlonir

I fiddled with this a fair amount in Beta, the unify colours fails to work on some items based on the textures used, some aren't easily replaced and would need the original models updated to use textures with a shared pallet. Most gear I had time to try works though, I think they've tried to keep it a simple implementation without rebuilding all the models (think how much bigger the patch would be if they had to replace lots).

It gives it a feel of the system being incomplete but there's enough alternatives and combinations to keep me happy at least ;o)

When I tried to unify my boots to match my orange/grey Corpsman chest; it was changed into white/grey and not matching at all.

Glad they originally were orange/grey and matched close enough. But I find it rather stupid when it changes them to white when there's no white at all on the Corpsman chestpiece.

Also, my helmet does not change.

For those of us with four toons maxed on one side, the buffs are in fact a very "nice to have" feature for rolling our opposite faction toons now.