Vibroswords for Bounty Hunters

Kampflerk

Hey there,

I sean this many times and it's "pissed" me also off that we Bounty Hunters can't use and fight with Vibroswords like the real Mandalorian fighter they challenge Jedi in a 1v1.

I'm a old KotoR 1&2 player and I'm a little bit up sad about the lack of Sandbox MMO or KotoR feeling in Swtor :/ It would be awesome to chooses the weapon we like as a PT who goes into the melee fight and fight with a sword instead of a.... Blaster:rolleyes:

Long Story short: Make Vibroswords work for (at least) Powertechs (or maybe a new class for BHs??) to fight with a sword, Eric :>

Best regards from Germany.

Edited by Kampflerk

I too was thinking about this some time ago. However, what I wish to see would be something such that:

All players could use a blaster to basic effect.

Tech players could use any tech weapon.

• proficiency and weapon type used based on tree selection
  • close range tree (melee weapons)
  • mid-range (blaster, rifles, cannons)
  • long range (sniper)

Something similar for force users

• close range (melee)
  • distance (force powers)

Trees would bring out proficiency in using the weapon for that combat style while still having use of an(the)other.

Companions would also have access to any weapon based on tech/force energy. Vette with a cannon vs 2 pistols.

I'm sure there would just be too much code to change to make this something available though.

• 2 months later...

Yea. My Suggestion fall out of my eye D: Damn Notefication ^^

It looks very dumb when only FORCE USER can Use a Vibrosword... Bioware YOU made KOTOR and no real Jedi USES a Vibrosword when he has the Option to use a Lightsaber:rolleyes: The Vibroswords were intruduce from your in KOTOR (i think it was on the Ender Spire) where you were told that a Vibrosword can withstand a Lightsaber in direct combat:rolleyes: - Trask Ulgo back in 2003

If they cant Change the Combat itself for the Powertech so make a new Spec for each Class. But to Tank with a Blaster Pistol is way to stupid;)

Edited by Kampflerk

Make a Jugg then stick Bounty Hunter adaptive gears on in outfit so he looks like a Bounty Hunter but uses vibroswords. No one will know, everyone will wonder how your Bounty Hunter wields a vibrosword!

Or better yet, create a mechanic to un-tether mechanical class from story, so you can actually play the Bounty Hunter story as a Juggernaut!

I will always dream...

• 2 years later...

True, but the Origin/Combat Style separation does increase the chances of them finally introducing a melee Tech Combat Style - though it would likely use Techblades/Techstaffs as a weapon rather than Vibroblades/Electrostaffs because of how the respective weapons are recognised by the in-game mechanics.

Perhaps the way to phrase it now should be "Techblades for Bounty Hunters"...

• 4 weeks later...
True, but the Origin/Combat Style separation does increase the chances of them finally introducing a melee Tech Combat Style - though it would likely use Techblades/Techstaffs as a weapon rather than Vibroblades/Electrostaffs because of how the respective weapons are recognised by the in-game mechanics.

Perhaps the way to phrase it now should be "Techblades for Bounty Hunters"...

I have an old character from before 4.0, and she has loads of antique Armstech schematics for Techblades *called* "Blah-di-blah Vibrosword" and Vibroswords *called* "Such-and-Such Techblade". Yeah, it's confusing. (Er, Armstech making weapons with Force Power? Confusing.)

Once they rinse the fluff out of their brains and realise that weapons should be in a system *like* Outfit Designer but separate from it, *and* they add a melee-weapon Tech style, poor Kylath will finally have a meaningful reason to use those schematics.