From Ray and Greg: thank you for playing!

GregZeschuk

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello folks :)

This is actually my first post on these forums, so this is a post from all of us silent gamers out there who aint posting that much on these forums, THANK YOU for this magnificent game. Ive been gaming mmos now for tha last 7-8 years and ive never ever enjoyed a mmo game like this, you dont even notice that Ure levling beacuse of tha stories and tha content in game, You keep surprising tha player almost all tha time.

Please dont ever change, dont turn this into a kiddy game or some **** like that just so you can get more people like some of tha other mmos have done, KEEP up tha good work folks. Keep it straight ...keep it filthy and at tha same time sweet and inocent.

Loving every minute of it, once again ....Thank you for Ure hard work and patience with tha stressed out folks in here.

/ deep deep Bow

Great game Bioware (minus AA/AF missing the build launch) I've loved it since my early access started a week or so ago. So very happy with my purchase and very glad I was able to score a CE.

To all the complainers, you must be console fans unless it's an mmo.

I wish I could play I have had this loading screen bug for two days now, and all Tech support does is jack ****, so how about you guys suck on my balls and give me back my money.

I can understand your frustration. I haven't had any issues yet, but I have some friends that have purchased the game and their codes have already been redeemed. Sounds like their are some malicious people out there intercepting emails with product codes. Not sure how this will work out but hopefully everyone will get some kind of compensation soon.

I can understand things aren't perfect and this isn't a perfect world. Hell if life was perfect it would be boring. You are welcome Bioware! I want to thank Bioware for a very fun and exciting game.:)

Edited by TheBFB

Yeah when you hype up a game as much as TOR was and say its better than WoW you're going to get a lot of subs quick, see how much there are after 3-6 months. There are way too many guys like me who bought it, I'm 5 days in and cancelled my subscription already. Its a cool game for what it is (star wars). To me I don't think TOR was ready for release, the feel of it is like it should be an Alpha release. That or if this is really what the game was meant to feel like then it never had a chance vs WoW, the movement/attacking is so bad all you can do is bare with it to level, forget about ever doing PvP or PvE or anything end game. It feels like KOTOR, which is one of my favorite games of all time, but KOTOR is a single player game, this is supposed to be a MMO. But for those whole like role play and just leveling, lots of talking and cut scenes, they will love this game.

First impressions: fun, nearly brilliant game. Smartly designed for future "expansion packs": just add a new planet! Or even build out what can be done on your personal starship. And add more pvp warzones (pls)!

Only complaint so far: the GTN (AH) interface can be easily improved. You at least need a filter on slot! Right now you have to wade through items for all slots.

Also, it would be nice to be able to have a vendor window and a "cntl-right-click" item mod window open at the same time. It would be handy if you could allow more windows of various types to be open simultaneously.

Cheers, and so far so good! And not too many bugs. Graphics are kewl. Conversations are different but kewl too.

Seriously, this is a nice game, and it has a lot of potential.... I might not be renewing my wow subsc. Very well done for a game 1 day old!

Is under 2m subscribers really a success for this game? Considering this game is rumoured to have such a costly development process and EA making it with WoW in it's sights, under 2m could potentially be at least half of EA's expected target.

In terms of launch I'd say I'm 60% satisfied. The queues were AWFUL and the response time on working on them was equally awful as was the communication however I'm encouraged by Bioware's attempts to improve on these things and I'm especially happy with them communicating better with us all.

For future though I really do hope server forums are added.. it might be a little late now but I still believe they're 100% needed to ensure a long, stable and healthy community.

Other than that, I hope they focus on releasing unique original content. I understand they want to get the endgame going but the last thing I want is for them to pull a WoW and constantly regurgitate the gear grind with every patch then make all the gear obsolete in an expansion and rinse and repeat for the next eight years.

Anyone else think all these whiners should just quit already?

Having read the forums the last few days I can wholeheartedly say that I am FED UP of all these doom and gloom merchants.

1.SWTOR isn't an MMO? wth. Well lets see The game is MASSIVE - even C&VG said they couldn't do a fair review off the bat as the content was so large they wanted to do it justice. Its MULTIPLAYER as I see TONS of people online and general chat is really lively. And yes i have to go ONLINE to play it. Seems like an MMO to me.

2.All the moaning minnies at level 40/50 complaining that the end game worlds are empty. WTH do you expect the game is 6 days old fer crissake. Personally I would be worried if all 1.5 million users were level 40 plus by now.

3.I'm assuming they must be jacked on Red Bull/Purdeys and sleep deprived after 6 solid days of 24/7 gaming to even BE that high a level.

4. I have NEVER played such an immersive game what with all the spoken dialogue. The quests are interesting, the Medical droid revive is GENIUS - even 90 seconds wait is better than a long BORING pointless ghost walk of shame back to a revive point. I have not felt like I am grinding for even one nanosecond which trust me is a first.

5.I have pretty much played every MMO in existence and this is the best BY FAR. In fact I would classify it a MMORPG in all honesty as I really feel as If I am a Jedi and that my choices really MATTER with the whole companion loyalty index.

6. Finally - If you dont like it then stop playing it. Why post on here how much you hate the game? Nobody cares. I certainly don`t. Go and play some other game. I can only assume the MMO you played before this was perfection personified. I'd love to know the name of the game you all played prior to this as it must have been so frickin awesome SWTOR can't possibly touch it.

SAY NO TO THE HATERS.KEEP THE FRIENDLY SPIRIT ALIVE.PLEASE BOIWARE DON'T EVER TO F2P.AND FINALLY TO THE WHINGERS - DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOUR *** ON THE WAY OUT.

Oh and final thought to the haters - I love this game so much I am going to upgrade my GPU as my current one struggles a bit. Now just go away please and leave us alone :)

Edited by monkeydud

Anyone else think all these whiners should just quit already?

Having read the forums the last few days I can wholeheartedly say that I am FED UP of all these doom and gloom merchants.

1.SWTOR isn't an MMO? wth. Well lets see The game is MASSIVE - even C&VG said they couldn't do a fair review off the bat as the content was so large they wanted to do it justice. Its MULTIPLAYER as I see TONS of people online and general chat is really lively. And yes i have to go ONLINE to play it. Seems like an MMO to me.

2.All the moaning minnies at level 40/50 complaining that the end game worlds are empty. WTH do you expect the game is 6 days old fer crissake. Personally I would be worried if all 1.5 million users were level 40 plus by now.

3.I'm assuming they must be jacked on Red Bull/Purdeys and sleep deprived after 6 solid days of 24/7 gaming to even BE that high a level.

4. I have NEVER played such an immersive game what with all the spoken dialogue. The quests are interesting, the Medical droid revive is GENIUS - even 90 seconds wait is better than a long BORING pointless ghost walk of shame back to a revive point. I have not felt like I am grinding for even one nanosecond which trust me is a first.

5.I have pretty much played every MMO in existence and this is the best BY FAR. In fact I would classify it a MMORPG in all honesty as I really feel as If I am a Jedi and that my choices really MATTER with the whole companion loyalty index.

6. Finally - If you dont like it then stop playing it. Why post on here how much you hate the game? Nobody cares. I certainly don`t. Go and play some other game. I can only assume the MMO you played before this was perfection personified. I'd love to know the name of the game you all played prior to this as it must have been so frickin awesome SWTOR can't possibly touch it.

SAY NO TO THE HATERS.KEEP THE FRIENDLY SPIRIT ALIVE.PLEASE BOIWARE DON'T EVER TO F2P.AND FINALLY TO THE WHINGERS - DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOUR *** ON THE WAY OUT.

Oh and final thought to the haters - I love this game so much I am going to upgrade my GPU as my current one struggles a bit. Now just go away please and leave us alone :)

I just read this and 100% agree with you!!! Hello game is only a few days old what hell do you expect, what game ever came out with no bugs?!

Yesterday was quite a day here in Austin. We likely had the largest one-day subscription account registration process in MMO history – over one million people are now registered players of the game, and the number is growing rapidly.

As you might imagine, this presented a huge strain on our infrastructure and systems, but the good news is that we seem to be through the worst of it now thanks to folks working hard all day to serve our community. And as Greg mentioned in his earlier note, we've also been working hard on resolving queues – those being another side effect of the huge demand for Star Wars: The Old Republic over the past week. We were definitely anticipating a very high load but if anything the demand for the game has only exceeded our expectations!

We're very appreciative of your support and we look forward to surprising and delighting you throughout the journey ahead. To that end, we plan on letting you know soon about some cool upcoming content planned over the next few months.

On behalf of the SWTOR team, Greg and I want to thank you very much for your support, and also your patience yesterday as the team worked hard to process through the huge volume of players trying to register.

Thank you,

Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk

A message TO Ray and Greg:

Can I get a refund.

I hope by saying the game has exceeded your expectations, you really mean 'gosh, i cant believe so many people bought this incomplete, broken game'.

And the fact you even mention 'cool upcoming content over the next few months' over fixing all the glaring issues (just read some of the threads here in the forums, there are actually some well thought out informational suggestions, not just all the rage rawr posts).

To launch a game less than a week before Christmas and then not provide decent customer support is another slap in the face to the people that are at least giving it a shot.

Now, queue some fanboi that has no idea what is really going on because they cant see 2 months in front of them without their SW goggles, because this game wont last much longer in its current state.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't really had queue problems. Just intense overwhelming frustration at huge fps instability.

Honestly though, thank you. Hope some issues get fixed. Thank you for the heads up.

Edited by Kirkkh