Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A PvP a Day...

DomiSotto
11.11.2014 , 07:14 PM | #521
Ha! Not too shabby!

I did my daily on the Mad Sorc that consisted from just 1 Novare (yay, a win!) and I am not Level 46 after Belsavis. Basically a smooth roll to Level 55 from here for the boy. I found myself levelling with Ashara, no healer, and it goes very well. It's such an easy class to play, it is hilarious.

Then it's just one more run on the Sniper, and I am in the clear to start working on my PvP gang & learning the whole endgame thinggie!

I might also level my beloved Vanguard, but that's it. I have only 1 character left after VGT, and I am not rushing him. I am going to take a long break from levelling, actually. Though looking at the Shadow blog I am tempted again....

I am surprised to find myself suddenly an owner of a much more grown-up Legacy. Wow.
Deal.

jrwellworth
11.11.2014 , 09:32 PM | #522
A PVP A DAY

So, back in the saddle for my daily pvp. I must say that it is not like riding a bike for me. I felt outclassed and panicky. Remembering my binds have been a bish. The first couple pops I got were Makeb mesa arena, and even before my rig broke I had trouble there. I felt like a flopping fish and was the first to die in almost every round. I decided to run some flashpoints to try to get my keybnds down again.

My next WZ was a voidstar. I like these because they can be long and I have a chance to settle into playing and I did ok. As the night wore on I began to feel more confident and less panicky. I still have a fair bit of work to even be back at the level of derp I was before, but I will have fun doing it.

A couple questions. I am kitted with about half a obroan set, missing i believe a chest, offhand, belt/bracers, implant and ear. I am wary of buying any more pvp gear right now because of the x-pac coming early next month. Am I right to save my comms and just keep the pvp gear I have now. It's kind of a bummer cause I could get full obroan and do my 10 ranked matches before the x-pac, but I really dislike the thought of being a drag on my team.
My buddies say that yolo is full of people just there to get the participation crystal, gear or no gear, afkers and /stuckers. But everyone else doing it doesn't make me feel like less of an a-hole, and I don't want the pvpers on my server to lump me in with them dudes. What do you guys think? Both about the saving of comms for the 3.0 gear vs buying more obroan (the choice seems obvious but I'll still ask) and the doing the 10 ranked matches (again, answer seems obvious but it doesn't hurt to ask)

Anyway, I am happy to be back and was really stoked to find this thread still active. I will be AFK for about a week but I will be back posting after that.
Sandari-65 (kinetic combat) +more <Aeternium Ascension> Dread Slayer

SHADOWLANDS

DeLaaNie
11.11.2014 , 09:53 PM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by DeLaaNie View Post
Oopsie! Wrong photo. Here's the correct one:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2mfn3ph.png

vennian
11.12.2014 , 02:11 AM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by jrwellworth View Post
A couple questions. I am kitted with about half a obroan set, missing i believe a chest, offhand, belt/bracers, implant and ear. I am wary of buying any more pvp gear right now because of the x-pac coming early next month. Am I right to save my comms and just keep the pvp gear I have now. It's kind of a bummer cause I could get full obroan and do my 10 ranked matches before the x-pac, but I really dislike the thought of being a drag on my team.
Up until a week before release I'd just buy obroan and save comms in the last week. Don't spend ranked comms at all. The lowest purchasable tier of PVP (oboran now, brutalizer on x-pac release) gear helps a lot and is relatively fast to acquire. Once x-pac is released the gear gap will be lessened, expertise on obroran will still be in effect and so any pvp gear you already have acquired is still valid.

DomiSotto
11.12.2014 , 04:34 PM | #525
Ha-ha, nice Arena!

@JWW:

I am glad you are getting back into it. OMG, I fumble at my binds after 2 days of not playing a character, so you are flying, friend!

I am also tempted to get those 10 zones, and I wish I could just find 3 other people with the similar goal Ė comms & crystal, and go in just before the seasonís ending. I am probably going to miss it, since I have no idea when Season 3 ends. Rating, I assume, resets anyway, so if I totally start shining bright I can always have a fresh start in Season 6 or whatever. And I wonít be imposing on people who really, really need their ELO. Itís just 10 zonesÖ. Wish you were on my server, Iíd come with you! Then, at least you wonít be focused first, lol!
Deal.

DomiSotto
11.12.2014 , 09:49 PM | #526
Okay, I managed to capture a snapshot today:
http://s1063.photobucket.com/user/Me...tml?sort=3&o=0

That was the zone we lost, and I was actually playing Okay. Apart from forgetting that I now have Extricate. Then we went into a HB my team won, and I was the bottom of the barrel, and had no chance to use the darn Extricate even though I remembered it and looked for opportunities to sneak ahead. It just never happened. Oh, well, tomorrow is another day, right?

I gotta say, Huttball is becoming my fav zone, and the one I want to figure out the most. One day I will get to score another goal, I hope
Deal.

Cox_The_Beast
11.13.2014 , 05:15 AM | #527
Just felt like telling a story myself. Last night I made a premade with 3 Guildies of mine to run a few WZs. I was on my Lightning Sorc - finally got Valor 81, yay! - with a Carnage Marauder, a Darkness Assassin - Tank - and a Medicine Operative - Healer.

We ran a few WZs, collecting a fair share of lossed against Reps an Imps - mind you, we're no pros, we just do it for fun.

At any rate, we had a few Queshballs, but one of them in particular prooved amazing. We had 3 Operatives, including my Guildie, and 3 Sorcs counting me. So lots of Extrications and double rollings.
As soon as we started, we decided turns to take the ball for our Operatives, the Assassin Tank was to guard the ball carrier, and we Sorcs were to pull the ball carrier up. We scored fast and smooth, in hte end, regardless of me being focused ever since I pulled my Op Guildie to the score line claiming a point for us, the first one of the match.
In the end, with me kiting hte other team - they lost it at our 4th score, and began chasing me relentlessly - and the rest of ours scoring and throwing heals at me, we won 6-0.

I love kiting that way, especially if it makes things easier for the rest of the team. And of course, that earned me a fair bit of MVPs, all from those not of our team were splitted evenly between me and my Op Guildie, who healed for more than 1 million and DPSed with her DoTs for half.
"Saviour, conqueror, hero, villain. You were all these things, Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
Darth Malak to Revan on the Leviathan.

DomiSotto
11.13.2014 , 06:16 AM | #528
Sounds like a pro match to me And congrats on the Valor! I need to work that extricate And can't wait to get my God Bubble too. Which tree has the talent that shortens the cool down f the Force Speed?
Deal.

Elusive_Thing
11.13.2014 , 06:27 AM | #529
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
Sounds like a pro match to me And congrats on the Valor! I need to work that extricate And can't wait to get my God Bubble too. Which tree has the talent that shortens the cool down f the Force Speed?
Lightning. Second highest tier, I think. Also reduces the cooldown of Force Barrier and Slow.

Cox_The_Beast
11.13.2014 , 06:50 AM | #530
Quote: Originally Posted by Elusive_Thing View Post
Lightning. Second highest tier, I think. Also reduces the cooldown of Force Barrier and Slow.
What he said.
And the skill's name is Force Haste, 2 points to invest. When maxed, it "Reduces the Cooldown of Force Speed by 5 seconds, Force Slow by 3 seconds and Force Barrier by 30 seconds". Quite useful if you need to kite or run, and not just in PvP.
"Saviour, conqueror, hero, villain. You were all these things, Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
Darth Malak to Revan on the Leviathan.