Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Option to solo OPS quest with A.I. group

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Option to solo OPS quest with A.I. group

RazorBladecontra
09.02.2019 , 12:33 PM | #1
It would be nice if we can make our own OPS group with relying on other players but make a eight-man/sixteen-man group with A.I.s we can choose to do i think that should be in the game we have some solo flashpoints. Why not have a option to solo an ops raid it's a good idea i have it would be fun too as well.

lord-angelus
09.12.2019 , 07:39 AM | #2
Or, you quee with gf and do it. I mean sm's takes no brainer, no mechanics, no class knowledge, nothing.
Stop trying to make an mmo, solo game

Raansu
09.12.2019 , 12:26 PM | #3
How about no? Its an MMO, learn to socialize.

TonyTricicolo
09.13.2019 , 04:03 AM | #4
Nonsense. What the op is asking for a lot of people want. Saying " just join a group, this is a MMO after all " does not give solo players an option. PUGs formed for operations speed run through objectives, spacebar through cutscenes, and are quick to kick those who aren't. A solo player joining a PUG will have a ruined experience which further makes them never want to join a group again. Granted, past operations have mechanics that require more than one person to complete. They are too far along to get changed. However, future operations can and should have a solo mode. For the health of this game, compromises can be made. Remember, this isn't your traditional mmo. A lot of it revolves around the single player.
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

Raansu
09.13.2019 , 01:25 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
Nonsense. What the op is asking for a lot of people want. Saying " just join a group, this is a MMO after all " does not give solo players an option..
Ya its not supposed to give them an option. Raids are group content, end of story. If you don't want to be social in end game then you're playing the wrong genre.

TonyTricicolo
09.13.2019 , 02:37 PM | #6
In any other MMO, I'd agree with you. I'd argue that this is a single player game with multi-player content marketed as an MMO. There are plenty of reasons why there are solo players in this genre. The story, evolving worlds, character personalization, customization, and progression. There are those that play to escape reality or to wind down after a long day. Quite frankly, a MMO offers some people more than a single player game does. They shouldn't be treated as if they're playing the wrong game. That phrase is so cliche. Besides they pay the same 15 bucks as everyone else.
Raids should not conclude story lines. They can be designed as harder end game content with or with out a group element, with the caveat that the more people the harder the instance the better the payout.

Raansu
09.13.2019 , 03:01 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
In any other MMO, I'd agree with you. I'd argue that this is a single player game with multi-player content marketed as an MMO.
No, its an MMO with story content, just like FFXIV. BW tried the whole single player focus with kotfe and the game nearly died from the mass exodus of players. Solo players have plenty of content you don't need to be ruining end game too.

TonyTricicolo
09.13.2019 , 03:23 PM | #8
If there was an option for a single player to do a raid for story purposes how would it bother anyone who wants to do with a group? Everyone wins. Plus you'd get more people interested in running because they'd have familiarity with the instance. Less wipes, more people engaging, more people having fun. Excluding people when you don't necessarily have to is an ancient practice. We want more people playing this game than less.

Raansu
09.13.2019 , 03:38 PM | #9
Or they can accept the fact that this game is an MMO and learn to socialize. If you wanna raid get a group, end of conversation.

TonyTricicolo
09.13.2019 , 03:41 PM | #10
There will be a solo option. It's inevitable. Mark my words.