Fighting against Pyros/AS

-Dark-

I've been using Tactics for a while, primarily a 8/31/2 spec, however, I dropped the 6% damage buff to HiB in order to have a 5% damage reduction when using Ion Pulse.

Anyways, I've gotten to the point where I can take on most people 1v1 and come out successful (Marauders included), but Pyro's seem to melt my health way too quickly. This isn't me asking for a nerf to Pyros (because I think they've gotten hit hard enough), but I would just like to know some tips for dispatching them. I generally start out with FP, IP, IP, PC, Gut, Free SS, HiB (on Crit only), repeat. On occasions I use SG in that mix and use my stuns and cd's as needed.

Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
I've been using Tactics for a while, primarily a 8/31/2 spec, however, I dropped the 6% damage buff to HiB in order to have a 5% damage reduction when using Ion Pulse.

Anyways, I've gotten to the point where I can take on most people 1v1 and come out successful (Marauders included), but Pyro's seem to melt my health way too quickly. This isn't me asking for a nerf to Pyros (because I think they've gotten hit hard enough), but I would just like to know some tips for dispatching them. I generally start out with FP, IP, IP, PC, Gut, Free SS, HiB (on Crit only), repeat. On occasions I use SG in that mix and use my stuns and cd's as needed.

Any thoughts?

As an assault vanguard....I think the best option you have is the "destroy him b4 he destroys you" option. As tactics the best option is to stay with ion cell on...try to get those 3 "pulse generator" stacks then Stun the Assault and drop a Pulse Cannon on his face. With critcs you can deal almost 7k dmg. With Gut you have dmg dot on him.

Running is NEVER an option. They will hammer shot your *** and we almost always have the Plasma Cell on.

pd: And you are completely Right. I tried the Tactics and it was fking hard to kill PT on warzones.