Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Yup. I got it too. Came here to see if anyone had anything firmer to go on. Guess not.

Also, I'd wait for the forced merge just to make sure you keep all your characters and get the higher legacy on the destination server.

As I understand it; character limits are relaxed in these instances (until you delete a character and lose that slot) and the higher legacy will supersede the lower one.

Even if u just transfer one character over you get your complete legacy levels, perks etc on that server - hence why i transferred low level alts to a few servers :D

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if u just transfer one character over you get your complete legacy levels, perks etc on that server - hence why i transferred low level alts to a few servers :D

I transferred one of my low levels, one I could stand to lose, and found out that this is indeed the case. :)

I transferred one of my low levels, one I could stand to lose, and found out that this is indeed the case. :)

If u have a spare character slot u can even just make a toon on ur origin server, login, then transfer him to destination realm to get ur legacy over there. Can also rinse and repeat the above for multiple servers if u think u might play on them some time - may aswell while its free :p

I have just received an email indicating that APAC consolidation will be finalised in around a month. My question is, how will name collisions be managed for those still on the APAC servers? I know a friend who moved his level 55 Bounty Hunter voluntarily lost his name to an unplayed level 1. But will it be similar to the merger of the US servers where play time, level and other factors were taken into consideration as to whom keeps their name and who must inevitably lose theirs, or will APAC characters simply lose out. Or in other words, are my level 50+ characters really going to lose their names to unplayed level 1 characters just because I was unfortunate enough to be on a sever that's no longer deemed to be necessary? What about if I have a character that's 5, 10, 15 levels above a character on the sever that mine will be merged to? A number of characters still sit on the APAC server awaiting a definitive answer to this question.

If u have a spare character slot u can even just make a toon on ur origin server, login, then transfer him to destination realm to get ur legacy over there. Can also rinse and repeat the above for multiple servers if u think u might play on them some time - may aswell while its free :p

Pretty sure they have gotten rid of this exploit now. I transferred a toon from an APAC server with a level 32 legacy and on the US server there's no legacy at all. I think now you have to have a legacy on the destination server and/or the toon you transfer must have completed enough of it's story to have been able to start a legacy or something like that.

Edited by Master_Reuben

Pretty sure they have gotten rid of this exploit now. I transferred a toon from an APAC server with a level 32 legacy and on the US server there's no legacy at all. I think now you have to have a legacy on the destination server and/or the toon you transfer must have completed enough of it's story to have been able to start a legacy or something like that.

What lvl was the toon that you moved? You have to have a toon that can have a legacy e.g. it needs to have completed chapter 1.

If you create a lvl 1 toon, as someone suggested and then move it across, you won't get the legacy. But if you transfer a post-chapter 1 toon, then you would have your legacy on that server. If you then create/transfer a lvl 1 toon to the same server, your legacy will be active and you can move the post-chapter 1 toon off again.

What lvl was the toon that you moved? You have to have a toon that can have a legacy e.g. it needs to have completed chapter 1.

If you create a lvl 1 toon, as someone suggested and then move it across, you won't get the legacy. But if you transfer a post-chapter 1 toon, then you would have your legacy on that server. If you then create/transfer a lvl 1 toon to the same server, your legacy will be active and you can move the post-chapter 1 toon off again.

You can't transfer a character that is too low to have a legacy. Characters must be at least level 10 to transfer, and legacy begins at level 10. They changed when legacy begins a while ago - I think it was when the game went F2P.

Edited by Zandilar

You can't transfer a character that is too low to have a legacy. Characters must be at least level 10 to transfer, and legacy begins at level 10. They changed when legacy begins a while ago - I think it was when the game went F2P.

Nope - I transferred level 1 toons to each server and their legacies all transferred with them giving me an account wide legacy level of 30. Not that it matters - barely play at all since the transfer.

And here's a screeny for those who are skeptical.

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff391/laz1991/Untitlesd.jpg

Nope - I transferred level 1 toons to each server and their legacies all transferred with them giving me an account wide legacy level of 30. Not that it matters - barely play at all since the transfer.

And here's a screeny for those who are skeptical.

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff391/laz1991/Untitlesd.jpg

That's really interesting. When I transferred my last character, I specifically remember it mentioning that there was a level limit. Oh well, maybe it says one thing, but allows another?

That's really interesting. When I transferred my last character, I specifically remember it mentioning that there was a level limit. Oh well, maybe it says one thing, but allows another?

I could see them removing that restriction for APAC to US servers, because even low level characters will get moved eventually. They probably had it setup like normal transfers, then realized the mistake.

Just got an email saying servers will be consolidated in "one week from now, on Tuesday the 13th of August."

Just got that as well. Quit playing a few weeks ago though, APAC server was dead and the US lag blows.

Sub cancelled.

Thanks for the memories SWToR. I did have a great time playing and loved the character stories and companions.

Just got an email saying servers will be consolidated in "one week from now, on Tuesday the 13th of August."

Last time I checked, Tuesday the 13th of August is about three weeks away. :rolleyes:

Either the got the date wrong, or sent the e-mail out early. :D

Just wish they'd hurry up and get it done.

Just got that as well. Quit playing a few weeks ago though, APAC server was dead and the US lag blows.

Sub cancelled.

Thanks for the memories SWToR. I did have a great time playing and loved the character stories and companions.

I'm not really having problems with the lag. Like it could be better to give a smoother playing experience, but it is definitely not stopping me doing ops or PVP.

Sub cancelled.

To be honest with you, I've noticed a tiny- if any- difference in lag. Just popped the graphics town a tiny bit to the point it's unnoticeable but my gameplay is just as good, if not better, than what I had on Dalborra.

To be honest with you, I've noticed a tiny- if any- difference in lag. Just popped the graphics town a tiny bit to the point it's unnoticeable but my gameplay is just as good, if not better, than what I had on Dalborra.

Plus being on a highly populated server is pretty cool. Even for small stuff like you've got six instances of Gree right now, so WBs will be up somewhere all the time.

And for doing heroics and that kind of thing... even just for seeing more general chat on planets. And yeah, ok, some of it is pretty frightening, but mostly it's pretty awesome actually talking to people. I mean, it is an MMO after all.

Honestly, the server move has not been as bad as we all feared.

You are confusing FPS with lag.

Lag comes from the extra distance the network requests must travel. So we went from a 40millisecond ping time up to 400-500ms ping time. That translates to seeing actions process slower as the action must go to the US and then back to your computer. Changing your graphics won't help that, nothing can apart from having the servers physically closer to you.

If US customers had to put up with 500ms ping to the servers there would be big trouble.

You are confusing FPS with lag.

Lag comes from the extra distance the network requests must travel. So we went from a 40millisecond ping time up to 400-500ms ping time. That translates to seeing actions process slower as the action must go to the US and then back to your computer. Changing your graphics won't help that, nothing can apart from having the servers physically closer to you.

If US customers had to put up with 500ms ping to the servers there would be big trouble.

400-500 ping???? I only went up 100 ping to 150. I dont even notice the difference.

400-500 ping???? I only went up 100 ping to 150. I dont even notice the difference.

He maybe with TPG or Optus and just affected by the "cough" issues with overseas stuff recently, some issues I have seen is directly within their networks and some is elsewhere , like AAPT transits on peering or maybe his exchange simply has congestion, could be a lot of reasons for 500ms ping time i'm afraid.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2096337&p=42 <-- optus

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2101708&p=17 <-- tpg

Well, they're trying to persuade us hold outs to move...

What do they mean by CA servers?

I'm holding out because I have too many characters to transfer on a one by one basis. I want them all on the same server and am unwilling to delete older characters on Harbinger.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Just to clear up any confusion from the email yesterday, the consolidations are going to happen on August 13th as listed, which is quite a bit more than one week away. That actually gives you approximately three weeks before the consolidations happen.

Just to reiterate, the consolidation will happen in approximately three weeks on August 13th. Sorry for the confusion, thanks everyone!

-eric

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dev Post

Hey everyone,

I wanted to post a reminder that you have one week left to transfer your characters before server consolidations. Our server consolidations will be happening on Tuesday, August 13th. If you would like to transfer your character you can find information on how to do it in my previous post.

Thanks!

-eric