Can't balance PvP now, no faith in what 6.0 will be...

Kirtastropohe

Suffering through warzones now is brutal. With 2 years to get it right in the era of galactic command and choosing not only to not balance, but to actually further gimp some classes *cough* dps shadows, I have zero faith in 6.0 being anything other than a complete @#$@# show, especially knowing what each class is (or more appropriately, isn't) getting.

For the first time since launch, I really have zero enthusiasm for PvPing and that isn't going to improve in 6.0, in fact, watching that mess will probably kill any remaining desire. I find that pretty disappointing.

...especially knowing what each class is (or more appropriately, isn't) getting.

They are changing 6.0 as we type this. I am just curious what you seen that has you thinking PVP will be that much more imbalanced than it is now.

Edited by Lhancelot

They are changing 6.0 as we type this. I am just curious what you seen that has you thinking PVP will be that much more imbalanced than it is now.

For me, I cant say I'm certain it'll be more unbalanced than it is now, but with multiple set bonuses per class, multiple twcticals per class, and the overt complication of the gearing scheme, it adds a new element of balance - i.e. is say vigi guardian OP, or is vigi guardian in conjunction with set bonus X and tactical y OP?

For me, I cant say I'm certain it'll be more unbalanced than it is now, but with multiple set bonuses per class, multiple twcticals per class, and the overt complication of the gearing scheme, it adds a new element of balance - i.e. is say vigi guardian OP, or is vigi guardian in conjunction with set bonus X and tactical y OP?

I am more worried about how they will do bolster and how stats will work with bolster. I am worried new bolster will eliminate stat variations.

I am worried that gearing will also play a part in making stats even less variable... meaning if they eliminate alacrity as a viable stat to value when we do stat allocations it will be boring with only crit being a valuable stat.

Well, hell. I mean honestly we already do this, but at least alacrity plays a part. If they make alacrity useless, then it will really be boring putting stats together and a quicker gameplay with abilities will be eliminated.

A long time ago, I tried a high crit build with zero alacrity and it was really quite a slog, whereas when I stacked all alacrity the gameplay was so fast it made my fingers hurt lol. Still, it was fun to have the option available, even if not very practical. I ended up going with higher alacrity and some crit in the end, but still alacrity does add a fun facet to stats and their effects in combat. Hopefully they don't ruin the value of alacrity.

I am more worried about how they will do bolster and how stats will work with bolster. I am worried new bolster will eliminate stat variations.

Only main stats like mastery will be getting bolstered. Tertiary stats from what I've seen will still need to be optimized.