Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Iresso romance not acknowledged

Saberchic
10.24.2015 , 08:10 AM | #21
So I played through on my sorc and did not get the option to tell the emperor that I loved someone; however, I did get a letter from Ashara. Not sure if the game is recognizing the romance.

My sorc is not a character from launch as I am not a founder though he is the first toon I ever made on this game.

TinaLovesHan
10.24.2015 , 09:00 AM | #22
This the response I got from Customer Service:

Spoiler

So make sure to file bug reports. Still no answers.

Can our characters to be reset so we can have the option to replay if we want after the bug is fixed? Will we be able to resume the romance when we meet our LI? Will they treat us as previously romanced or not?

Any answers from dev would be greatly appreciated. At this point, I'm not sure whether to keep playing my Consular or not.

Swedguy
10.24.2015 , 12:50 PM | #23
I have the same problem with Temple. I still haven't tried on my Gunslinger and Commando so I don't know about Akaavi and Elara yet, but it's honestly frustrating.

I hope BioWare will fix this soon.

TaintedMustard
10.24.2015 , 01:37 PM | #24
Played through the first two chapters on my guardian, scoundrel, commando and powertech—all intact. I really wish there was a way to reproduce it somehow, but it seems to be completely random.

Raltar
10.24.2015 , 10:04 PM | #25
My original character(sage) from launch has this problem. I recently leveled a shadow and his worked fine. Don't want this to go unnoticed.

TinaLovesHan
10.25.2015 , 09:20 AM | #26
So now I'm curious. To the people in this thread who've had this problem, was it your first character? Because Nayelii is my first character made at early release and leveled to 50.

So far I've played through just far enough to make sure the romance was recognized on my Smuggler, Trooper, Jedi Knight, Warrior, and Inquisitor and they were fine.

Azkari
10.25.2015 , 03:21 PM | #27
Yes, my Warrior was my first character - I've been unwilling to try any others until I know what's going on.

Zu_Long
10.25.2015 , 07:24 PM | #28
I haven't played through the extended chapters yet, but I did notice a number of romanced companions not properly granting romance influence. It would be a good rule of thumb to check and see if they are granting the correct affection. So far, three characters, all of whom were created early on in the games life span have shown the problem. For me it's Bounty Hunter-Mako, Sorcerer-Ashara, and Smuggler-Risha that haven't properly acknowledged being romanced as far as influence goes post-patch.

Interestingly, right before 4.0 dropped, I played through Shadow of Revan with my Bounty Hunter, and got specific dialogue relating to the relationship with Mako. I didn't get any such dialogue with Risha or Ashara, who went through Shadow of Revan after 4.0 dropped.

I guess I'll go through with my Trooper, who romanced Lana in Shadow of Revan after remaining aloof during the main campaign, and some of my other characters whom I'm playing right now, at least until this is fixed. Thanks a ton for posting, OP, I knew something didn't smell right with those gifts not working.

KitVenari
10.25.2015 , 08:34 PM | #29
Interesting. I started KotFE on my Smuggler, and when she woke up, she got 2 different letters-one from Corso, the other from Theron(yeah, yeah, I played her DS and had her get with both. Odds are, she's dumping Corso for Theron.) She's not to ch. 9 yet, so I have no idea how that's going to go. But if its a bug for original first-made characters, I'd better leave Jae'nelle out of KotFE till we know this bug is fixed, as well as the bug with the companion locator terminal in the Commander's Room on Odessan. She wants her Pirate back

ScarletBlaze
10.25.2015 , 10:28 PM | #30
There probably a bug. I started the mission on my shadow (my first character) and I never took the romance with Iresso and got a letter from him.

I never flirted with Theron and got a letter from him as well.

So it seems to be some sort of bug as I was under the impression you didn't take any romance or flirt options you wouldn't get a letter but yet I got the letters.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR