Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[BUG] Major Clothing Restrictions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
[BUG] Major Clothing Restrictions

AbsolutGrndZero
10.22.2013 , 03:29 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Except they'd take the suggestion as an excuse to monetize, which defeats the objective - removing the gender restrictions from already existing armours. Any male Slave or Dancer gear should be added as the existing sets; that is, the Imperial Dancer set on the Security Key Vendor should be wearable by male characters for no extra credit cost, and no additional Cartel Coin fee. Likewise, the existing Reveller sets from the Cartel Market should be wearable by male characters at no extra credit cost or additional Cartel Coin fee. Making the "suggestion" that Bioware introduce Slave or Dancer gear for male characters would be seen by them as implied consent to further monetization - further monetization should only be introduced when existing options are equalized.

I thought as much was obvious.

(Also, it is obvious everyone posting here is doing so knowingly. That you are assuming that every poster is labouring under the belief that this is a bug only shows how little you think of your fellow posters.)

I am fully aware that you don't really believe it's a bug. The point I am trying to get across is that game designers and game programmers are not the same people, even if they do work for the same company. Until the game designers actually design graphics for the male slave dancer outfit, there will not be one. So, reporting it as a bug to get them to notice... might as well complain to Sailor Jerry (who only makes rum) because you don't like cake flavored vodka. You'll get about as much results in changing the flavor of vodka as you are here.

As I have said, I agree that it needs to be made, and I agree it should be made VERY VERY clear that we do NOT want them made male only versions for extra money. I want to see it happen, and that's why I care so much... because I truly believe that saying it's a bug when it's not isn't going to make the RIGHT people pay attention.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Tatile
10.22.2013 , 03:40 PM | #42
There's no real way of getting our point across, though. Suggestion thread? This very thing was brought up in the Guild Summit way back when - hell, I had a guildie say it was rumoured for 1.2 because of that. Contact the CM Team? Tried that, got a "what a lovely suggestion" response back, we look like individuals, not a cohesive group. Ixum's thread? Lovely, and he's been a big influence, I can see, and he's even designed the Slave and Dancer sets onto male bodies. Still nothing.

I'm sorry that you don't "like" the fact that it's a bug thread, but it's all we have. It's a bug in the armour design team, if nothing else, and the checks in place that are supposed to give player choice.

NovemberAllthing
10.22.2013 , 03:48 PM | #43
It's a bug in the armour design team, if nothing else, and the checks in place that are supposed to give player choice.
^
And also a bug in the checking system that should have noticed the inherent...we'll use the nice term 'oddness' of only allowing one gender to be represented in certain ways...
<3 Blame ONeil <3

EEE

Will pay 1000 CC for /lick emote

Tatile
10.22.2013 , 03:55 PM | #44
Well...

actually... the current panties do also clip into your crotch quite noticeably with certain poses. So, the set is also bugged

Maybe THAT'S why we can't get male slave armour? Their manliness cannot be contained by mere panties? Well, the solution is simple: add buckles.

AelixVII
10.22.2013 , 03:58 PM | #45
Suggestions section is where threads go to die. That we haven't been moved there is a miracle really, and there's more of a chance of being listened to right here.

Maybe THAT'S why we can't get male slave armour? Their manliness cannot be contained by mere panties? Well, the solution is simple: add buckles.
Oh, I like this.

Srual
10.22.2013 , 04:03 PM | #46
Everybody needs to stop grouching. These clothing restrictions are intended to be there.

AelixVII
10.22.2013 , 04:24 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Srual View Post
Everybody needs to stop grouching. These clothing restrictions are intended to be there.
Do take a seat, you're very late you know. We've been expecting terribly insightful comments like yours, oh, since page 1.

Good grief, imagine the uproar if Bioware decided to make it 'fair' by taking out skimpy clothing altogether. Yet when the minority speaks about inclusion of the other 50% of our characters on a tiny corner of the boards we get told to shut up. Lovely.

NovemberAllthing
10.22.2013 , 04:30 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by AelixVII View Post
Do take a seat, you're very late you know. We we've been expecting terribly insightful comments like yours, oh, since page 1.

Good grief, imagine the uproar if Bioware decided to make it 'fair' by taking out skimpy clothing altogether. Yet when the minority speaks about inclusion of the other 50% of our characters on a tiny corner of the boards we get told to shut up. Lovely.
Aelix's snark is kiiiiinda sexy.
Did I say that out loud? *kof* BACK TO THE ISSUE AT HAND.
Enslave everyone equally.
<3 Blame ONeil <3

EEE

Will pay 1000 CC for /lick emote

AelixVII
10.22.2013 , 05:04 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by NovemberAllthing View Post
Aelix's snark is kiiiiinda sexy.
Mmm, people usually just tell me to p*ss off when I'm snarky. Makes a nice change.

Quote: Originally Posted by NovemberAllthing View Post
Enslave everyone equally.
I would like to nominate this as the official slogan of this thread...

AbsolutGrndZero
10.22.2013 , 07:37 PM | #50
Well...

actually... the current panties do also clip into your crotch quite noticeably with certain poses. So, the set is also bugged

Oh yes the way the Relaxed Vestments clip on my Jedi sentinel annoys me to no end... whenever she's running (especially with her lightsabers out) or on her speeder I focus my eyes to the back of her head just so the clipping doesn't drive me insane.

So, I hope we can from this point get along, and that you all understand that I want this changed myself, and I'm sorry that my method of trying to help get this issue noticed by the right people came off as more antagonistic/rude than I intended, as I mentioned on Ixam's thread I would kill for a male version of the Republic Dancer's outfit that looked like the one in the drawing someone posted.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain