Announcing ‘Onslaught’, the Newest Expansion Coming to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Today we are happy to announce our next expansion - Star Wars: The Old Republic: Onslaught! The expansion will launch free for all subscribers this September. New planets, flashpoint, Operation, large itemization changes codenamed “The Spoils of War” and more will be featured in this expansion! You can learn all about Onslaught in our Expansion Announcement article, here.

In honor of our Celebration Cantina we are sharing with everyone a redeemable code: SWCELEBRATION19. Simply redeem that code on your account for a Celebration inspired character flair and four stronghold decorations.

What is everyone excited for?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware, guys, PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE don't forget about our companion LOVE INTERESTS. That means companions who are not ONLY Theron and Lana. You know, a lot of us kept Quinn, Vector, Doc, etc as our husbands/spouses. So don't forget them, okay?

So excited!!!! Been here 7 years, can't wait for more new content and story!!

Excited for new story, hope it's a decent amount. Onderon is cool and Mek'Sha looks like a good place for a new huttball map if you ask me. New gearing sounds... interesting. We'll see how balancing goes with that. At least PvP gear will be a thing again.

Very excited for the new expansion, particularly story. New planets seem like good choices and the new gear slot could open some very interesting paths. Agree in hoping for content for companions other than Lana and Theron. :) Edited by Estelindis

Today we are happy to announce our next expansion - Star Wars: The Old Republic: Onslaught! The expansion will launch free for all subscribers this September. New planets, flashpoint, Operation, large itemization changes codenamed “The Spoils of War” and more will be featured in this expansion! You can learn all about Onslaught in our Expansion Announcement article, here.

In honor of our Celebration Cantina we are sharing with everyone a redeemable code: SWCELEBRATION19. Simply redeem that code on your account for a Celebration inspired character flair and four stronghold decorations.

When you guys do drop the dantooine incursion, i think that would be a great location for Kira Carsen to return at

How much story are we getting? Are we just helping Malgus or defeating him (again). I hope the amount of story is significant and not just a couple of flashpoints. Does switching factions still apply? It's going to be a long 5 months. Edited by DisruptionFL

What i wanna see in Onslaught

- Expand Korriban,Dromund Kaas,Tython,Coruscant,Ilum - New Missions,New Lore

- New Faction Based Titles

- KILL SOME COMPANIONS,keep the ones important for the story

- ADD Companions ONLY WHEN NEEDED,Less is Better.

- Ilum style sky effects,with meteorites or whatever are those

- Republic,Empire,Chat Restrictions Removed - New Global Window or something

- LvL 80 Cap not 75,it's too easy to LvL a Character

- Bring Back all the 1-50 Companions

- Satele,Marr bois,not Malgus

- What Happened to the Empire,Republic - i want to influence the intern politics again

- Lower Global Cooldown,Faster Animations,Faster Combat for PvP / PvE

- Merge some Skills,are too many for Engineering and others.

- More PvP Maps

- Unranked Warzones,Solo Ranked is ok, Merge Team Ranked with Guild Duels,create a Leaderboard or something for the Teams that win,and give them some titles

- Remove Command Rank

- PUT UPRISINGS IN FLASHPOINT Queue OR MERGE THEM or something.

- Make the game more Compact

:cool:

Edited by blinkutz

i am waiting the new lvl cap, which means a change for spec trees and abilities.

hoping we'll have a real balance !!! especially concerning PvP

globally i am happy by this news, during a star wars celebration i was really afraid to see nothing about swtor :o

Edited by Thaladan

This looks awesome. Mek-Sha seems like it could be a cool base of activities, the way that Odessen has been for the past few years. Also, the new tactical gear sounds very intriguing----almost like a way of adding additional advanced classes to the game? The caliber of content in Shattered Alliance FP's and Ossus has been the best in years (maybe ever). The story on Ossus feels like vanilla class story & SoR at its better moments. With what sounds like 4 veins of story choices going through Imp and Pub, this seems like some of the best news for this game in a long, long time. Really looking forward to Dantooine event, & really, really looking forward to this new expansion.

I must admit, this was more than I was expecting. Very interested in the gear overhaul, and the more operations, the better. Kinda like that the op is gonna be centered around Czerka, seeing as everything in the game that has anything to do with Czerka has been great. I also look forward to exploring the new planets. And I kinda wanna hear the entire clip of that new character select screen music.

Cautiously optimistic.

This feels like the first real expansion since SoR.

KotFE and KotET really were more of a failed attempt at a relaunch.

This expansion feels more natural.

See how the story plays out first.

^This. Trying not to get my hopes too high, but I daresay this is looking promising.

I'm cautiously intrigued and hopeful.

I didn't choose "saboteur" for my characters in JUS, but I hope that there are distinctive results in Onslaught for characters who are saboteurs. I'm glad that the JUS prologue is continuing and expanding, although I'll miss Ossus being used for more story. I'm not at all excited about involving a shipyard on Corellia (been there, seen similar). But, that seems to be just a part of the Onslaught story, not the whole thing, so okay. I like the image of Tau versus Malgus. I'm hoping it isn't another situation of killing off those characters. Although, for Force users "killing" doesn't seem to take like it does for mere mortals. Nice to see Onslaught providing solo and group content. Hopefully, PvP and GSF will get Onslaught-related content not long after 6.0.

I think you all did a good job of a relatively quick turning of the SWTOR story back to Imp versus Pub. I'm not a Kotxx fan, and kept most of my characters out of it. I did do JUS on some of my characters, and I enjoyed it.

Edited by Nmyownworld

Its all looking good in SWTOR atm. After Ossus things have taken a positive turn around, adding finally.

So my sub can keep ongoing, The Vitiate Empire story was very sour for me in how it integrated in SW lore.

Yes we had to deal with the Emperor (Tenebraw, Valkorian, Vitiate) finally but nearly totally eliminating factions in MMO is not really a way to do it.

Especially when those factions are Jedi vs Sith, Empire vs Republic which are possibly the most noteworthy in sci-fi World history.

I hope the expansion is good, and for me personally would have preferred to pay extra and get more quality.

Well done to the SWTOR team.

Many thought this would never happen. After Ossus and the success it had I was sure it would.

That's good news. It sounds like SWTOR finally gets some love after years of, well, "Oh, I forgot, we still have this 24/7 online game running, let's throw out a so-called update real quick".

Edited by Khaleg