One Account with CE/Std Ed Games?

xunxun

Hi. I have a question that i wish to clarify.

My current account has the pre order of a Collector Edition Code which I ordered from Amazon in July. However, due to slow shipping of the game, I decided to cancel it.

I do understand that my EGA is active and I am still able to create a character to play till 20th Dec where my account is locked out until a Redemption Code is keyed in.

I recently purchased a Standard Edition cd key off a cd key website and here is my question.

Will I be able to key in the Standard Edition Cd / Redemption Key into my current account and continue to level the same character that I created in EGA?

OR

Do I need to re-create an entirely new account (with new email and password) and restart a new character?

Thank you for all who have read this post and please do help me out on this as I am very confused by this.

As i understand it, the pre order codes had nothing to do with the version of the game.

The actual game code you enter will dictate the version of game (SE/DDE/CE). So in your case, when you enter the CD key from your standard edition, then thats what will be registered to your account. Any chars you create in early access will be there when you register your CD key. You will not have to start over as that would totally defeat the purpose of early access by having everyone back to lvl1 logging into the same zones on the 20th.

Edited by Kierrok