Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

JediQuaker
09.20.2020 , 08:33 AM | #9981
Quote: Originally Posted by kozmicaos View Post
For me, the most frustrating kind of people, at group finder, are the "quiet and mean" ones. They don't respond to any kind of greeting, they don't answer group chat, they don't seem to respond to any kind of follow up tactic during a boss, they rush without a care even if anyone needs to heal. They put themselves above others. They just play like the rest of the group are just a bunch of NPCs following,
Sometimes people have their chat turned off. The people who rush ahead without giving the group time to heal, or pick up drops or gather - I just let them run ahead - if they die, they die. 🙂

Quote:
Besides, I guess we have some kind of people that usually think that they are what their toons are. If the toon is sith and evil, they MUST act evil towards other people. They don't understand RP at all.
You may have it backwards. They may be playing a Sith because they are wannabe evil, not the other way around. 🤔

Quote:
It's becoming a culture of being meaningful and that's not how I remember SWTOR was when I started to play many years ago. I'm seeing people being mean everywhere, inside guilds, inside group finder, general chat. That's too much. I'm often logging out with a bitter taste in my mouth without knowing if I had fun or if I had a new bad experience with people inside the game.
Just a note**. You are misusing the term "meaningful" here. "Meaningful" means "full of meaning". "Meaningless" means "without meaning".
In any case, I think you are referring to "meanness" - being 'mean' - rather than "meaning".

So for example, you should say "It's becoming a culture of being mean", not "meaningful".

** This is assuming that English is not your native language. Just trying to help. 👍
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

eabevella
09.20.2020 , 10:44 PM | #9982
I was kicked from KDY for running to the shuttle to skip the initial dialogue. I loaded first, ran to the shuttle asap before someone initiate the dialogue green circle but was kicked right when I clicked the shuttle. It was awkward because we were all loaded to the real start point but I was no longer one of the team. The most funny thing is, the guy who initiated the kick left group after I was kicked.

Got a nice Foundary run yesterday, I was practicing my first heal toon. One guy said he wanted to kill everything to reach lv75 (he was lv73). The others agreed. It was a long run but it was good healing practice for both group and single burst heal and the group was chill and nice. No one died too even though I need the help of kolto tank during HK fight but I guess it's not bad for a newbie heal.

JediQuaker
09.21.2020 , 06:56 AM | #9983
Quote: Originally Posted by eabevella View Post
Got a nice Foundary run yesterday, I was practicing my first heal toon. No one died too even though I need the help of kolto tank during HK fight but I guess it's not bad for a newbie heal.
If the group consisted of 3 dps and you, it's not unusual, or 'bad' to use a kolto. The 3 dps would be more squishy than a tank and so overall, you may need more healing.

Ahwassa
09.21.2020 , 07:35 AM | #9984
First post here because yesterday something very bizarre happened to me.

Rishi Master Mode: one dps quits group after the first add group.
Im lead so I list us and pull out my only 50s companion (the imp droid) and think we can move on.

But then the tank quits. He whispers me that Im stupid for listing, that the companion is crap and that we could do this Flashpoint with comp because its so easy. And then he ignores me.

Rishi endboss is doable with comp I know, but one mistake when the adds spawn and were all dead.
IDK what his problem was. We couldve easily found a replacement and moved on.

Ive run Flashpoints for years but thats the first time Ive encountered someone so incredible rude and vain.
Somehow that ruined my confidence for the day.

eabevella
09.22.2020 , 10:35 PM | #9985
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
If the group consisted of 3 dps and you, it's not unusual, or 'bad' to use a kolto. The 3 dps would be more squishy than a tank and so overall, you may need more healing.
That's good to know. Healing need so much concentration sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed in heated battle.

I got a new weird/funny story:

Mandalorian Raiders with my tank.
Loaded in with another dps. It was the respawn point after the 4 men team boss fight.
We were replacement for two who quit group.
Usually it's a bad sign, then one of the two remaining people quit the moment we loaded.
I thought: good, I'll use comp as heal in case this group is a nightmare.
I typed "wait for us, we're on the big lift" in chat because it took a bit of time to wait for the lifts.
The strangest thing was, the early group had already killed literally everything on the way to the final boss.
And the remaining one person quit when we reached the last corner before the two turrets outside the boss room. It was only me staring at the very lonely Mandalorian boss waiting for us.
I was like: ??????
The DPS who came with me said she'd never played this FP before and ask for advice. I told her just summon her comp and set him to dps and we finished the boss fight with ease.
It was the easiest yet strangest FP run I've had so far.
I just don't get it. They apparently went through great trouble (and I assumed many wipes that caused the quit) all the way to the final boss, who is the easiest part of the boss fights in this FP, but can't wait for 2 more minutes to complete it? Just why?

JediQuaker
09.23.2020 , 06:39 AM | #9986
Quote: Originally Posted by eabevella View Post
I just don't get it. They apparently went through great trouble (and I assumed many wipes that caused the quit) all the way to the final boss, who is the easiest part of the boss fights in this FP, but can't wait for 2 more minutes to complete it? Just why?
"Junior! Turn off that dam computer and get to bed!" 😍

eabevella
09.24.2020 , 10:02 AM | #9987
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
"Junior! Turn off that dam computer and get to bed!" 😍
Ah, my old archenemy in gaming, Darth Mom.

Kraysk
09.26.2020 , 10:01 PM | #9988
Darth Malgus server today, early morning for me, quite deep in the night for most of Europe.
So me and my friend (im from Russia, he's from Germany), both GSF pilots first, decided to do something new together because Starfighter queue was ss good as dead already. And we queue for vet FPs.
So here's the report how it went.
First queue.
Hammer Station.
Me (skank tank PT at lvl 75 in nearly BiS gear for PvP tank), friend in his anni mara at lvl 73, sniper and jugg in their 75's.
At first pull (the one with 2 big droids) siper dies, my friend dies, jugg survived with 5% health.
Aside from that the run was perfectly fine and we did rest of FP under 10 minutes.
Second queue. Hammer again.
So it was us but this time with lvl 40-something mara and another mara in their 60-s. Okay, i thought, this should go well.
I never was so wrong.
2 low lvl maras managed to die at almost every pull. They were always stealing first pull, never responded to chat, never even showed they read what we wrote in chat. In the end, one dies at turrets, one dies on the way to Kreshan. We 2-man the boss.
Third queue.
This time we got Nathema, and friend of mine already levelled to 75 by then but was in lvl 70 and below gear anyway.
So it's me in my skank tank, one ungeared mara, dps merc dressed in BiS and a sniper dressed in 304 or so.
And we went through this FP like a knife through butter, we did bonus boss and everything was fine until the death of that Scorpio-like boss.
Then Vinn Atrius came in and we really suffered.
It was my first time as tank in Nathema vet, so it was quite interesting.
I died only 30 seconds before we could beat boss, my friend died from pushback earlier, so pugs did all work fir us in the end. And they were pretty good.
It was interesting and fun play.
Musta Aurinko / Musta Leski / Verivalta / Helvetissa / Rauhassa / Ikiyossa

JediQuaker
09.27.2020 , 07:12 AM | #9989
I actually was in a successful MM Nathema group last night. I've completed it before in SOLO and Vet modes, but never in Master mode.
At the start I was tempted to quit right away, but someone stealthed through most of it and we had surprisingly little trouble with the final bosses. (No one died!, people kept the 'tether' short and green, etc.)
It was a good group, if I do say so myself. 🙂

Zouleika
09.27.2020 , 01:25 PM | #9990
Did a few runs today, but only one was really weird.
Listed for Veteran FPs with my Sith Sorcerer. Invite came for Foundry.
We were 3 DDs and a Tank.
It's a bit of a rough start since one Maro is running ahead and just pulling stuff, but we eventually got to the first boss. Tank dies within the first 20% cause he stayed in the flames. Revived him and kept going. He dies again, but we managed to kill the droid. Waiting to start the dialogue. Suddenly the Tank drops the group without a word. Overall confusing, but i list again. Got another Sorcerer next (37). The FP is still a pretty rough thanks to the Maro pulling groups without everyone or when the group is at low health.
The sorcerer suddenly leaves group midfight. I list again and another sorcerer joins (75) and we are able to finish the FP at long last.
I'm still wondering why they left.
Es ist nicht der erste Schlag, der einen Baum fllt.