Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

JediQuaker
08.29.2020 , 11:41 AM | #9971
Just a note about the opening convo in KDY. It seems to be possible to skip it by having someone simply go to the exit from the bridge, or perhaps, the shuttle, and click. I haven't done this myself yet, but I've been in groups that did it, but I haven't exactly noted what was done.

And, of course, you can skip the follow-up "fly to the base" cutscene by hitting ESC.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Euphrosyne
08.30.2020 , 09:31 PM | #9972
At one point in time, those methods led to a bug that would break your flashpoint run, so people have been understandably shy about using them in my experience.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"

JediQuaker
08.31.2020 , 07:40 AM | #9973
Quote: Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
At one point in time, those methods led to a bug that would break your flashpoint run, so people have been understandably shy about using them in my experience.
I just did KDY last night with no problems from skipping the cutscenes.

There was a time, over a year ago, when even spacebar'ing through the cutscene would boink KDY, but that was fixed long ago.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Crystal_Mind
09.01.2020 , 12:04 PM | #9974
I've got one.

Queued up for a random vet Flashpoint on my Bodyguard Merc. Got matched with a DPS Operative (75), Powertech Tank (75), and a Marauder (19). Instance is Hammer Station. So far so good. With three 75s (and an actual trinity group, even!) this will go fast, right? Operative seemed to think so, too because they were already running for the first trash mob in the time it took for me to zone in and type 'hi' in group chat. First big pull in Hammer Station is always hectic, especially when you're with a speedrunner, so at first I didn't notice anything odd.

By the second pull, though, things started to get weird. I noticed that our supposed tank wasn't taking any damage. In fact, it took me a moment to locate them. They were standing back well away from the action. As we continued clearing trash, they ran ahead and opened the scavenging shortcut to the first boss, neatly avoiding any actual combat.

So, now I'm suspicious. With the operative showing no signs of slowing down, I focus-target the tank right before we pull the boss and get back to healing, keeping an eye on the so-called tank who (again) stands way back from the fight and doesn't engage at all. I glance back at group chat thinking maybe they said something, but I'm the only one who's said a word (the aforementioned greeting). Tunneler goes down, we loot. I decide I've had enough and ask the tank if they plan to actually fight anything. They drop group.

Operative doesn't hesitate. Pulls out their comp and keeps going. We finish the rest of the flashpoint without incident.

Now, there's not much in player behavior that irks me. I don't mind the occasional speedrun, I don't mind lower-level or inexperienced players. But if you're going to queue as a tank, especially if you're at level cap, at least pretend to tank. Don't just stand there and wait for the DPS and healer to carry you through the instance.

DeannaVoyager
09.01.2020 , 01:54 PM | #9975
That could have been a second account of one your group mates. I do that a lot with my friends, but I usually drop on my second account immediately when we get a pop.
My referral link, if anyone wants: http://www.swtor.com/r/mknnK6

Crystal_Mind
09.02.2020 , 07:22 AM | #9976
I won't say it's impossible, but I doubt it. Operative was going pretty fast to be multiboxing, and the lowbie mara was valiantly doing their best to keep up. Tank wasn't totally afk (they were following the group and looting) they just weren't contributing to combat.

Regardless, they were a "weird person I met in groupfinder." Annoying at the time, and an amusing headscratcher in retrospect.

LordSassafras
09.13.2020 , 02:25 PM | #9977
Figured I'd add more of my weird experiences here.

I was the weird one in a particular SM Explosive Conflict - one that was particularly explosive, for me at least.

Someone pulled that group of adds off to the side in the trench area for no good reason. I saw this as an opportunity to unleash my AoE on them LoSed around the corner... but this proved to be a fatal mistake, as I didn't realize the tank was still busy with the others. Fried commando, anyone?

I'm not sure why I thought climbing out of the trench was a good idea, but that also caused my character to be sent sky-high. Getting my mouse button stuck on the minefield boss didn't help, either... tripped more than one of them.

Formed a PuG group for Eyeless yesterday; after waiting a while for a tank, one of the DPS got fed up and decided to switch toons to one. Unfortunately, Eyeless doesn't have any bolster, and the tank, in iRating 193 gear, proved to be squishier than squishy. A lot of credit goes to the healers, who somehow both managed to stay alive through the whole thing in this cycle:
  1. Tank dies. I, as DwT, taunt the boss away from one of the other DPS.
  2. A DPS is picked off, starting at around 40% HP when the adds begin to stack up due to lack of DPS.
  3. I exhaust all my DCDs dragging it around the room while the others try their best to DPS it.
  4. I die, but by that time the tank is rezzed and does pretty much the same thing before dying and I'm rezzed back up.
  5. Rinse and repeat, until the part when another DwT manages to keep the boss on the move and my shadow chases its tail, healers scrambling to keep us both up.

Needless to say, that was a disaster.

FlameYOL
09.14.2020 , 09:38 AM | #9978
Quote: Originally Posted by LordSassafras View Post

Formed a PuG group for Eyeless yesterday; after waiting a while for a tank, one of the DPS got fed up and decided to switch toons to one. Unfortunately, Eyeless doesn't have any bolster, and the tank, in iRating 193 gear, proved to be squishier than squishy. A lot of credit goes to the healers, who somehow both managed to stay alive through the whole thing in this cycle:
  1. Tank dies. I, as DwT, taunt the boss away from one of the other DPS.
  2. A DPS is picked off, starting at around 40% HP when the adds begin to stack up due to lack of DPS.
  3. I exhaust all my DCDs dragging it around the room while the others try their best to DPS it.
  4. I die, but by that time the tank is rezzed and does pretty much the same thing before dying and I'm rezzed back up.
  5. Rinse and repeat, until the part when another DwT manages to keep the boss on the move and my shadow chases its tail, healers scrambling to keep us both up.

Needless to say, that was a disaster.
Good grief, 193 gear in the year of our lord 2020
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

ChaosIsGolden
09.18.2020 , 07:33 AM | #9979
For the most part, I've been pretty lucky in concerns with finding good groups through GF. Occasionally I get someone who acts like a know it all or *****es at someone because you can tell they're new. For the most part, I wave it off, keep listening to music, whisper to the newbie to ignore the ***, and enjoy themselves.

But last week, oh boy, had two interesting groups in MM GF, one on my healer and the other on my gunslinger.

For my healer, I got Depths of Manaan automatically 2 of the tanks quit, which alright it was my role in-demand, but our 3rd tank stuck around, I and the DPS cheered and welcomed them. However, as the FP continued, myself and the DPS that was experienced noticed our tank was squishy as hell and not keeping aggro. Inspecting them, I found that he/she was in half DPS-gear and half-tank, which fine for the most part. I can heal through that, but he wasn't in tank spec, and after the first boss, we asked him to switch to full tank spec. That didn't go over well, and they argued, so after asking a 3rd time and they refused, we kicked him/her from the group. Unfortunately, our next tank wasn't any better.

They were still in greens and level 72. I started to explain the mechanics for the second fight and the best way to get past the boss with little fuss. He jumped right in and naturally got us killed since he/she followed no mechanics. So after the third pull, we kicked our fourth tank, and after waiting ten minutes for a replacement and getting none, said our goodbyes, got a friend request from the PT DPS and gave up.

On my gunslinger, honestly, this group made me laugh, probably because I was somewhat drunk. Our healer was a bit of troll, using their pull with their sage healer, on myself, the other gunslinger, and tank while we were in our rotations or keeping aggro in tanks case. The other gunslinger got pissed and began ************, the tank tried to calm the situation down, and eventually got irritated and stopped tanking, he/she was kicked. I brought out Lana for the last boss, FP was Mando Raiders. We had no problem with troll healer, myself, other gunslinger and lv 50 healing comp, easy peasy and amusing since other gunslinger continued ************ throughout everything, egging the troll on.

kozmicaos
09.19.2020 , 07:35 PM | #9980
I'm meeting very weird people, way more than the previous years I played SWTOR. People that doesn't respond to the group chat (and sometimes they seem to not even read it), 75 level people that follows randomly using almost no rotation in their attacks and sometimes just using basic weapon, people that never use CC or anything, people that do the exact opposite of was said before a boss with tricky mechanic. And the worst: people that don't give a *** about other players in every kind of variation.

For me, the most frustrating kind of people, at group finder, are the "quiet and mean" ones. They don't respond to any kind of greeting, they don't answer group chat, they don't seem to respond to any kind of follow up tactic during a boss, they rush without a care even if anyone needs to heal. They put themselves above others. They just play like the rest of the group are just a bunch of NPCs following, like we are just a tool to fill up the group finder so they can get their fast conquest. When the FP ends, they leave the second later they loot the boss without even saying "ty'. But that's not all: WHEN they type anything, they are mean, either with acid sarcasm or simply meaningful chat. These "quiet and mean" often abandon the group without a word when the group doesn't go smoothly. They don't help, they don't talk, they don't respond. They use a social tool, but they are anti-social and ruin the experience of other players.

Lately, I'm finding lots of this kind of people. It's been so much that I'm seriously thinking in dropping this game once and for all because I play for fun and to be social, and these people don't give a damn about others. I think the game is made in such a way that people start to think other people as just cattle to finish conquests, either in group finder or at guilds. It's not being fun.

Besides, I guess we have some kind of people that usually think that they are what their toons are. If the toon is sith and evil, they MUST act evil towards other people. They don't understand RP at all. That's the only explanation I can find about these behaviours because I see it more often on toons that choose dark side options. I'm seeing a crescent toxicity going on at General chats, way more than later years: people answering meaningfully to newbies questions, old players bashing starter guilds that were recruiting at starter planets. It's becoming a culture of being meaningful and that's not how I remember SWTOR was when I started to play many years ago. I'm seeing people being mean everywhere, inside guilds, inside group finder, general chat. That's too much. I'm often logging out with a bitter taste in my mouth without knowing if I had fun or if I had a new bad experience with people inside the game.