Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Padabiene
06.07.2018 , 12:52 AM | #9491
Quote: Originally Posted by tuulem View Post
Was I petty? Probably, yes. Do I care? Absolutely not. Welcome to my ignore list, Darth Snowflake, enjoy your stay.
It sounds like he deserved it.

Nathema vet the other day. All 70s, one healer, one well geared Jugg, the rest of us in 230/236s. Not important, just before that I cleared the last boss with my Mara and another Jugg, while the other two (low lvls) were dead. So how hard can it be?
It goes well up until the last boss, even though the Jugg seems a tad impatient when something's not going his way, but whatever. Gemini, first pull. The Jugg accidently runs off the platform, the healer can't keep up, we wipe. Second pull. No one goes flying, but the healer dies, one of the dps spends his time jumping around a Kolto that doesn't work. We wipe.
We all rez, we run back - the Jugg's not moving. We wait. And wait. We poke him. After ten minutes he starts leaving the phase - without saying a word - and then group. I start pestering a guild mate to join us, the other dps suggests a heal comp. I point out we do have a healer. Healer leaves the FP. We had a healer.
He stays in group though, but doesn't say a word either. So I start a vote kick to be able to requeue properly. It goes through, the healer is not amused and whispers me a nice word (we sorted it out later though, I apologized, he hopefully realized that leaving the phase didn't look like he wanted to continue).
We get two other 70 dps and clear Gemini.
On to Vinn. The remaining dps from the original group, a Sniper, stresses to stay close when linked, he doesn't want the boss to be healed all the time. Sure, who does anyway? I suggest to move together out of the circles clockwise.
We pull and it's a mess. Not sure if they've never seen a clock that's not digital, but that sure wasn't clockwise. On top of that it's the Sniper of all people who happily rolls away whenever linked to the poor Mara, who in the end gets blamed for the failure. Of course it's the dps staying on the boss all the time that's not staying close enough...?
They all leave me, I get two guildmates to join me and finally finish that dreaded run.

AlrikFassbauer
06.10.2018 , 02:14 PM | #9492
Just a few minutes ago I read from guild chat that Nathema Hm is easier than Nathema Veteran ... "or they did something wrong with the boss' self-healing". It sounded as if they failed, but always succeed in HM. I haven't played that FP yet, but still I'm curuious now : Is that true ? Is HM / Master really easier than Veteran ?
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

tuulem
06.10.2018 , 06:05 PM | #9493
People who do Nathema in HM know how the boss heals and deal with it accordingly. People who do Nathema in Vet run around like chickens with their asses on fire. Go figure.

CMoray
06.11.2018 , 02:17 AM | #9494
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Just a few minutes ago I read from guild chat that Nathema Hm is easier than Nathema Veteran ... "or they did something wrong with the boss' self-healing". It sounded as if they failed, but always succeed in HM. I haven't played that FP yet, but still I'm curuious now : Is that true ? Is HM / Master really easier than Veteran ?
Speaking from personal experience, they are equally difficult. In HM you normally have a Tank and Heal, all level 70 with >242 item level. Which makes the feel easier.
Aurinko

josephinec
06.11.2018 , 07:49 AM | #9495
Got a pop for HM Kaon with my Sniper. Zone in, tank runs ahead of everyone. Inspect him, he's wearing gear with no mods. One dps left for some reason(possibly that reason), and the healer and I asked why the **** he wasn't wearing any modded gear. Got ignored, wiped on a mob(I should note he was barely using a rotation). I added him to my ignore list and left.

My Marauder got a pop for HM Athiss. Inspect the tank, he's mostly blue 230s and no set bonus. I'm in mostly tier 2 and 3 gear, so I'm pulling off him. Hell, the level 66 Assassin is pulling off him. I pretty much tanked the first boss, and I noticed he's not using Crushing Blow or Backhand. Needless to say, the second boss is a struggle. I play Immortal and Defense a lot, so I offer him some advice. Tank is listening, but after he goes AFK for a bit, the healer and I agree we're not going to hold his hand through this and leave.

I decided to dual spec my Sage and got her healing gear. She's my first Seer Sage, but I love playing Corruption Sorcerer, so I practiced with my abilities a bit to get the hang of it(everything is green instead of purple and green ). Queued, got HM Cademimu. Zone in, say hi. We're all waiting, and waiting, and waiting on the tank to pull.

Me: Are you ready?
Tank: you sure you can heal this? :/
(This is Cademimu. Not Blood Hunt, not Manaan, and of course she's not even qualified to get the three new ones as a pop.)
Me: ....I have my full purple 230s.
A DPS: This is one of the easier ones. We'll be fine.

And shockingly, we were!
Click here so we all get nice things: http://www.swtor.com/r/yLqcYJ
#ThanksBioware
Vaylin deserved better.

AlrikFassbauer
06.12.2018 , 11:50 AM | #9496
Quote: Originally Posted by tuulem View Post
People who do Nathema in HM know how the boss heals and deal with it accordingly. People who do Nathema in Vet run around like chickens with their asses on fire. Go figure.
I don't think so, because it seemed to be a guild run. The guild members involved there know both difficulties.
They did fail at Veteran, though. Two of them were holding the opinion that HM was easier, one of both was Healer.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Padabiene
06.14.2018 , 12:43 AM | #9497
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I don't think so, because it seemed to be a guild run. The guild members involved there know both difficulties.
They did fail at Veteran, though. Two of them were holding the opinion that HM was easier, one of both was Healer.
That doesn't add up though. You'd read a lot more complaints about Nathema Vet. Sure, the last boss can be tough if mechanics are ignored, but that's it. A group clearing the FP on HM should have absolutely no problems with Vet. I'm actually confused how they managed to fail.

merovejec
06.14.2018 , 01:28 AM | #9498
We did one Nathema Master mode run only 2 ppl with 2 companions. I did a groupfinder run where healer dced and tank used his healing companion, but the tank was in dps spec. Yesterday during the day I did one quick run where we were 3 dps and 1 heal ( i qued as tank but said ill stay dps), 1 person from that group was 1st time in the FPS. So yeah, Master mode isnt hard and you can skip most trash if a stealther is in group.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Referral Link

Ayushman
06.30.2018 , 08:16 PM | #9499
Met an 'Odd' player last day. Had Hammer Station vet with full merc squad. Lv 20, Lv 34, Lv 70 (Me Dps), Lv 70 (Heal). As highest dps I had to 'tank' the boss but during all three boss fights around 30% boss health mark, the healer would stop healing me and let me die from my full or so health.
Not sure what I did to make the guy mad as I never had this kind of encounter, ofcourse like the norm ppl dont speak to one another as well, all my typing was in vein and had to count 45000 creds in repair afterwards..
Seasonally 'Drunken' SWarrior... (wip)
Deys Legacy...(wip)... < The Galaxy's Least Wanted/Reputed >
'Do or Don't, there is no try' is polite way of saying 'You su(c)k badly. Go home'
Help out a fellow gamer? Click to know more.

bob-a
07.02.2018 , 03:22 AM | #9500
Yesterday I tanked KP groupfinder on my powertech. One of the mara’s kept pulling before the tank. On the rancor aggro was all over the place (as that boss is taunt immune).
Later I mentioned in chat to no one in particular: please stop pulling before the tank. It is not very respectful. His response: bla bla.
On the droid boss he start wandering off up the walkway because someone pulled before me.
After that I was fed up so I figured Id get my revenge on Karagga himself.
Mr Mara pulled again and this time I let him tank, I only dpsed from the side. Ofc he died swiftly (unsure if the healers realized what I was doing and stopped healing him. His gear was pretty bad anyway). He started ranting and raving in chat. My response: maybe that will teach you not to pull before the tank anymore. His response: teach your mom. I just told him: one for the ignore list to which someone else said: I agree. We killed the boss shortly afterwards.

And another one:
Same powertech, but this time as dps. EV HM. No issues till pylons.
On the pylons we wiped twice. Only afterwards we realized one of the mercs had climbed on top of the pylon on the left side, and was just standing there doing absolutely nothing. He was not afk or anything cause he had clicked ready.
When we told him to stop trolling and come down, he activated the fight and dropped group. Really weird.