Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

TACeMossie
10.02.2014 , 03:52 AM | #4991
Quote: Originally Posted by ViceroySaber View Post
I recently rolled a brand new Trooper alt, and as I was watching the Republic's opening cinematic (the one where Havoc Squad engages a Sith patrol on Alderaan), I suddenly had an epiphany.

Satele Shan turns the entire tide of battle by using Force Wave.

She saves Jace Malcolm from execution by throwing a Force Wave, instantly incapacitating three Sith at once. She buries Darth Malgus under a mountain by using what can only be described as a Force Wave-Hadoken. Clearly, this is evidence that Force Wave is the most powerful ability in the game and should be used on cooldown to single-handedly wipe out entire regiments of enemies.
Technically it was Turbulence she used on Malgus, I mean she stood around waving her hands for a couple of seconds before he got blasted...
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

fire-breath
10.02.2014 , 04:15 AM | #4992
[QUOTE=Gardimuer;7701207]On the subject of popping cooldowns before a fight...

I once got into a GF pop of HM Mandalorian Raiders in which the Sin tank was in full PvP gear.[/quote)
Good for you that he was full PvP gear since 162 gear is kinda overgeared for HM55. But I guess you more meant the behavior of him as a typical PvP'er (no offense intended to the PvP'ers who can act like civil humans btw, I know they are out there).

Quote: Originally Posted by Gardimuer View Post
The first thing I noticed was that he never taunted. The second thing I noticed was that he always popped Deflection before running into a fight, thereby wasting 2-3 seconds of the cooldown just running up to a target. The first boss became super annoying as a result, since the tank never taunted the main boss after it did the periodic agro dump. We survived mainly because the DPS were overgeared and the healer was competent.
Personally when queueing as a healer I don't mind it that much if the tank isn't taunting this boss back. The boss hits like a wet noodle and if the tank is oblivious to mechanics I rather do it myself so that I know the boss won't come close to the adds
I find it more problematic when the tank either brings the boss to adds (when in red circle mode) or when the tank thinks he is funny and enjoys killing the boss before the slacking dps can kill the adds.
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger since patch 1.2 through ups and downs
PugsloveHP - the 96k HP commando DPS/healer
(4.0 HP, currently updating it to 5.0)

thoorax
10.02.2014 , 04:43 AM | #4993
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
Technically it was Turbulence she used on Malgus, I mean she stood around waving her hands for a couple of seconds before he got blasted...
Actually it is Telekinetic wave judging from animation, she was just hard casting it instead of proccing it, possibly she used up the proc with first push and then went for hard cast, why it did not go on cd after first usage is beyond my understanding though, perhaps being Grand master has its advantages.

ZeroPlus
10.02.2014 , 04:45 AM | #4994
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
I find it more problematic when the tank ... thinks he is funny and enjoys killing the boss before the slacking dps can kill the adds.
Ummm... you lost me there... why is this problematic?
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

thewitchdoctor
10.02.2014 , 05:31 AM | #4995
I would like to thank all our fellow players in the PUG Pool for this amazing thread.

Which has now reached 500 pages!!

Here's to (an eventual second thread that can support) 500 more!!
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.

Darkelefantos
10.02.2014 , 05:36 AM | #4996
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
The dogs will enrage, the tank can't taunt them, things will go wrong.
This place has been an empty wasteland for a long time. No longer.

"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes!"

AAAAzrael
10.02.2014 , 05:40 AM | #4997
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
idk I always do that when I can. DPS should stop slacking if tank kills boss before they are done with adds
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley Deposer of the Dread Masters
Gate Crasher Joshased / Xartanol The Revanchist
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse

midianlord
10.02.2014 , 06:20 AM | #4998
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
The dogs will enrage, the tank can't taunt them, things will go wrong.
Some of my erstwhile co-DPSers just don't seem to understand the concept of focus-firing. This seems especially prevalent amongst my personal favourite PuG sub-demographic, the flagged-and-proud PvP heroes; You'd think that these of all people would grasp the basic idea, no?

Kill the marked beastie first. Then the other beastie. If a beastie starts going for the healer, then throw some pew at it, before going back to the marked beastie (assuming it's the other one doing this).

It's not hard, it really isn't.
Merc and 'Slinger since launch, Merc and 'Slinger for life
(Feels good, doesn't it? Well it certainly does for me!)

Darkelefantos
10.02.2014 , 06:51 AM | #4999
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
Some of my erstwhile co-DPSers just don't seem to understand the concept of focus-firing. This seems especially prevalent amongst my personal favourite PuG sub-demographic, the flagged-and-proud PvP heroes; You'd think that these of all people would grasp the basic idea, no?

Kill the marked beastie first. Then the other beastie. If a beastie starts going for the healer, then throw some pew at it, before going back to the marked beastie (assuming it's the other one doing this).

It's not hard, it really isn't.
Some DPS don't seem to understand any concept, really. The ones that do are a complete joy to play with, the others are sad to look at.
This place has been an empty wasteland for a long time. No longer.

"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes!"

TACeMossie
10.02.2014 , 07:05 AM | #5000
5000th post!

And back to your regularly scheduled shenanigans
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf