Sound of Rapid Shots?

abokado

So, I started to level a merc heal, since I only have dps so far and thought trying something else might be fun.

But god, the sound of rapid shots is making me crazy! I've healed athiss earlier and my ears really hurt while doing it. This is not acceptable. And no, the sound of the game is not too high. It's actually pretty quiet since I am either in TS or listening to music, but boy, I'm certainly not seeing myself playing this char when I always have to hear this absolutely annoying sound like hundred times in minute. Brr!

So, can I turn it off somehow? Can I change it? Does the weapon I use affect the sound of it? Anything!?

I want to heal, but I don't want to heal if it means I'm gonna be deaf by the time I reach 50..

So, I started to level a merc heal, since I only have dps so far and thought trying something else might be fun.

But god, the sound of rapid shots is making me crazy! I've healed athiss earlier and my ears really hurt while doing it. This is not acceptable. And no, the sound of the game is not too high. It's actually pretty quiet since I am either in TS or listening to music, but boy, I'm certainly not seeing myself playing this char when I always have to hear this absolutely annoying sound like hundred times in minute. Brr!

So, can I turn it off somehow? Can I change it? Does the weapon I use affect the sound of it? Anything!?

I want to heal, but I don't want to heal if it means I'm gonna be deaf by the time I reach 50..

This has changed on the PTS. It only fires two shots when you hit Rapid Shots, and thus only makes a firing noise twice.

Have patience. :-)

Yeah, when you're really healing your butt off it sounds like 20 kids circling you on bikes - all with an entire deck of playing cards in the spokes

You get used to it....or you go insane - I think I'm somewhere between at the moment;)

Edited by Stressfire

This has changed on the PTS. It only fires two shots when you hit Rapid Shots, and thus only makes a firing noise twice.

Have patience. :-)

Well, at least something! I turned the sound effects really down but it's really weird not to hear any so.. I guess I'm gonna level y powertech instead now and wait for 2.0. Thanks!

Not sure about healing, but the sound of Rapid Shots when firing at enemies is determined by what blaster you are using. Some have different sounds.

Really? Huh, guess I have to buy different blasters and try it out.. can someone recommend me some which are easy on the ears? :p