Sentinal vs Marauder, Dispellable DoTs?

ArchmageMC

So I hear that some classes can dispel a Sentinal's DoTs (Cauterize and the like) due to them being elemental, yet those same classes CAN'T dispel a Marauder's DoTs (Rupture and the like) because they're internal. Is this true and what classes are the offenders?

the spec doesnt soley rely on damage from exhaustion, thats just one way to build singularity, youi still have choke and zen to build it. where as annhi/watchman it is almost totally relying on dots for damage..again, focus ftw ba dump bump...psh

the spec doesnt soley rely on damage from exhaustion, thats just one way to build singularity, youi still have choke and zen to build it. where as annhi/watchman it is almost totally relying on dots for damage..again, focus ftw ba dump bump...psh

The spec relies on the 31 talent to proc singularity, which makes the sweeps hurt. The damage from it is also pretty substantial, but it's mainly used to proc singularities for those bombs. W/o it, focus spec is luls.

The dumb part is that 31 talent has an insane slow on it so its effective vs everything other than a sorc(but thier butts r squishy) an operative with evasion up, who wastes it on that? and an assassin which should be able to kill the juggie/mara anyway:rolleyes:

Sorry but that's not true. Watchman is not primarily dots, anyone who thinks that obviously hasn't played the class. As far as force crush goes, while it may not be the only method of gaining shockwaves, if your choke or enrage are on CD, a cleanse will shut you down for a while.

Sorry but that's not true. Watchman is not primarily dots, anyone who thinks that obviously hasn't played the class. As far as force crush goes, while it may not be the only method of gaining shockwaves, if your choke or enrage are on CD, a cleanse will shut you down for a while.

In case of a Juggernaut/Guardian, yes.

Sentinels/Marauders can build Centering/whatever the Imperial version is called (Fury?) so quickly, however, that they suffer a lot less from Exhaustion being cleansed.

OK enlighten me, where does "most" of watchmans damage come from? If you dont say Dots, then you pbviously havent played watchman, most of the tree is deling with increasing the damage/heal ability, or crit chance of those dots, not to mention the dot slow ability...Not mostly form dots, srsly?

OK enlighten me, where does "most" of watchmans damage come from? If you dont say Dots, then you pbviously havent played watchman, most of the tree is deling with increasing the damage/heal ability, or crit chance of those dots, not to mention the dot slow ability...Not mostly form dots, srsly?

I always thought it was centered around DoTs as well.

I think you need to go play it again to see what you missed. ;)

My damage on my marauder comes from DOTS due to berserk always being up. So rupture + deadly saber does the most damage. Second would be ravage plus annihilate which makes for a powerful burst.

So I have no idea what that guy is talking about.

Ravage isn't even a priority for annihilation. If all you're using is that and anni then you're doing it wrong.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

rupture and the deadly saber dots are both fast, 6 second duration, so its not like most sorcs or snipers where an early cleanse can really negate a lot, especially coupled with the 'next 3 melee attacks' nature of deadly saber and cleanse cooldown meaning at best you'll negate maybe half of the potential damage, and at the expense of not straight healing whatever moves theyre using to place the dots.

its kind of like the powertech 100% proc of combustible gas from flame burst. theres just no real defense against it (except resilience)

rupture and the deadly saber dots are both fast, 6 second duration, so its not like most sorcs or snipers where an early cleanse can really negate a lot, especially coupled with the 'next 3 melee attacks' nature of deadly saber and cleanse cooldown meaning at best you'll negate maybe half of the potential damage, and at the expense of not straight healing whatever moves theyre using to place the dots.

its kind of like the powertech 100% proc of combustible gas from flame burst. theres just no real defense against it (except resilience)

Healers just use the cleanse when they're moving and can't use a casted heal. Removing mara's dots also means they aren't healing themselves and their team.

Edited by Smashbrother

Run a parser man, you'll cry when you see what % of your total damage comes from bleeds/burns. It's like 30-40%. Now imagine a Sage cleansing 40% of your damage every 4.5 seconds.