Too much Burst Damage

LuciusEverbane

Sounds like a L2P issue considering you seem to have an issue with burst on every class.

Just learn to play the classes better and get to know your opponent classes and you’ll have a better time.

Or just play a Merc, lol

I mean, merc and sniper seem to be the two classes he doesn't have an issue with...

I'd rather see burst go up and see many of the DCD's removed from the game. Vanilla swtor was so good because there wasn't so many damn DCD's and everyone and their mom didn't have self heal skills like most of the classes seem to have now. Edited by Raansu

I'd rather see burst go up and see many of the DCD's removed from the game. Vanilla swtor was so good because there wasn't so many damn DCD's and everyone and their mom didn't have self heal skills like most of the classes seem to have now.

This ^^

Especially for Lighting Sorcs. Give us back our burst in exchange for reduced DCDs.

This ^^

Especially for Lighting Sorcs. Give us back our burst in exchange for reduced DCDs.

Since i've seen you say this a few times I have to ask, Trixxie. Do you really think giving lightning sorcs more burst is a good idea? Currently there are a couple of very talented lightening sorcs that frequent regs on SF that pull between 6-8k DPS per round. You have to be on top of your DCDs to survive their opener as it is.

Giving any range class burst that outstrips their melee counterparts is already a horrible idea unless you tone down their kiting ability. Kinda why i'm hoping you're joking tbh.

Edited by Dyne-

Since i've seen you say this a few times I have to ask, Trixxie. Do you really think giving lightning sorcs more burst is a good idea? Currently there are a couple of very talented lightening sorcs that frequent regs on SF that pull between 6-8k DPS per round. You have to be on top of your DCDs to survive their opener as it is.

Giving any range class burst that outstrips their melee counterparts is already a horrible idea unless you tone down their kiting ability. Kinda why i'm hoping you're joking tbh.

Lightning sorc burst is pretty mediocre. They reach high dps because their skills chain to multiple enemies. That said, regardless of spec I wish BW would delete bubble stun. Such an obnoxious utility.

Those doing the numbers are using a lot of AOE and not much burst. If you leave me alone all match and let me spam my AOE rotations, I too will do 6k.

Next time you see them, look at how many solo kills they get and how much damage they do and self healing. Then look at their objective points.

I think you will find they have taken a lot less damage, done relatively low self healing, got zero solo kills and low objective points.

All of that points to dps farmers who been left alone for half the match.

As for the burst, lightning Sorc burst is the worst it’s ever been in this game. It is very mediocre and when compared to other burst classes, it’s at the bottom. No one is suggesting they outstrip melee burst or even be that high, but they are too low and need a buff to burst. I could go into the history of the class over the last 8 years in more detail to explain how Bioware nerf the wrong things and buff the wrong things, but we all know they do that with most classes. Let’s just say that many years ago Bioware F’d up bad like they have with Mercs in this meta. That led to them breaking the class with the wrong nerfs because people rightly said it was OP, but Bioware didn’t understand how it was OP.

Of course there are also players that can make any class shine. They are the apex 1% players who can make the worst classes look OP. You really should not use those 2 players as an example of how balanced a class is unless you can find 24 of those type of apex players (one for each class and spec) and then see how they do.

The other issue is the rest of the player base has become so bad over the last 2 years that in many matches, above average players can look like pvp gods because of the bad players they have around them and against them.

If you really want to see how lightning Sorcs perform, roll one yourself and then get to an equal skill level with someone you know on another burst class. Once you’ve done that, have some duels with them and other people you consider of close to equal skill. You will soon realise that Sorcs have good defence and weak burst. Which makes them out of balance.

Let me add, I’m not suggesting boosting the burst with no changes to defence because that would make them OP. What needs to happen is balance and that requires more burst and a reduction in survivability DCDs.

As an example, I can play all game and not die. I do 1.5mil self heals, take 3+mil damage and do 3 mil dps. I spend half my time being a rabbit and making people chase me so my team can cap or so I can interrupt caps. That means a large part of my dps potential is muted because I’m kiting a lot and half my abilities are hard cast. If I’m totally left alone all match, I can spend my time free casting every ability and not waste CDs on healing myself. And if I really wanted to buff my dps numbers I would spend most of that time using a solid AOE rotation. Which has nothing to do with their burst potential. I would rather be able to kill someone than do fluff dps.

Lightning sorc burst is pretty mediocre. They reach high dps because their skills chain to multiple enemies. That said, regardless of spec I wish BW would delete bubble stun. Such an obnoxious utility.

Only if they get rid of the Operative stun back stab to death and you can’t hit them back. ;)

From my perspective, that’s the most obnoxious ability in the game. Wether it is or not is not up to me to decide, but removing bubble stun because it’s obnoxious should also mean removing all the other obnoxious things as well :D

Only if they get rid of the Operative stun back stab to death and you can’t hit them back. ;)

From my perspective, that’s the most obnoxious ability in the game. Wether it is or not is not up to me to decide, but removing bubble stun because it’s obnoxious should also mean removing all the other obnoxious things as well :D

Bubble stun creates little resolve, and it can be primed to stun back to back while forcing a player to pop it and trying to avoid being stunned (all the while absorbing damage with no input required from the player. zero thought process involved). That is far worse than a 4s stun from a stealther. That said, ops do need to lose their hots and roll immunity. I would love to see them going back to being a class that survives via well thought out play through control instead of rolling around with constant self heals. Their survivability is too good.

I would love to go back to old swtor where rolling wasn't a thing, barrier wasn't a thing, full heal shields weren't a thing and mobility was much more limited due to many mobility skills being locked to a specific spec or just not existing like being able to move while casting....that is dumb.

Edited by Raansu

Someone playing mara / jugg definitely rekt the op on 1 v 1.

lolz...

You mate have my sympathy however I cant stop myself from saying 'learn your class' and 'git gud'. or atleast medicore enough, not to vent of hungry band of mynocks of forum posters. :p

There is and there isn't too much burst damage. The reason for this is the presence of Guard.

The game is balanced around there being a tank who will Guard and guard switch as necessary. This, when in a full, well coordinated group, dilutes that burst and makes it work as intended.

However, in regs and in warzones in general, one is lucky to see a good tank a handful of times in a week, so all that burst damage mostly flies around unmitigated. When this happens, you are right, there is too much burst, and too much damage, period -- but these are not the conditions the game is balanced around.

Increasing the health pools or lowering the damage potential of all classes would help with burst in regs, but it would make well balanced and played groups feel like an endless slog.

Edited by Monterone

For mara high damage is warranted.

For Jugg, on the other hand, they need to decide *** this class is supposed to be doing.

U got high damage, tanking, self heals, mobility to enemy and teammate, force push, stun and aoe stun and the list goes on.

It's like they asked what would happen if you put most of the best skills on one class.

Have to agree about reducing all the ez mode dcd's as well.

Have to agree about reducing all the ez mode dcd's as well.

Ya it would be really nice if in 6.0 they did a purge on the ridiculous amount of self sustainability most classes have. Like I could understand a spec like pyro PT getting buffed for better sustainability, but a spec like AP PT for example imo is where most of the dps burst classes should be in terms of survivability.

Edited by Raansu

but a spec like AP PT for example imo is where most of the dps burst classes should be in terms of survivability.

Sort of agree. It depends how much burst because they won’t make all burst classes have the same amount. I would be happy as long as they balance the burst so it is the predominant class factor and make the defence a secondary factor. Unlike Sages which have strong defence and weak burst.

I would like to see classes go back to their roots and have real differences. I hate how everyone can speed run, reflect damage and mostly heal up with little effort. stuns and roots are now too prevalent as well.

My wish for 6.0 is for classes to go back to basics with uniqueness and remove generic abilities for all. Classes could keep those abilities originally designed for them only.

Edited by Totemdancer

This ^^

I don't want a flame war, but I recently got back into the game after about a year off learning new specs and toons and if this is the same Twixit that played as before that I see now, burst is not gonna help you. You are so afraid of dying that you don't help your team with any kind of damage. You don't try to help anyone you just run around and laugh at people when it's 4 on one and they die. Not very constructive or helpful.

I remember from before chasing you down with Mace and killing you and how enraged you were at that. Why don't you just play and not worry about dying and help your team win objectives...

If I got the wrong Twix, than pardon me.. but the one I have been playing with hasn't changed since I played them before... and burst won't make any difference if your too obsessed with not dying.

Those doing the numbers are using a lot of AOE and not much burst. If you leave me alone all match and let me spam my AOE rotations, I too will do 6k.

Next time you see them, look at how many solo kills they get and how much damage they do and self healing. Then look at their objective points.

I think you will find they have taken a lot less damage, done relatively low self healing, got zero solo kills and low objective points.

All of that points to dps farmers who been left alone for half the match.

As for the burst, lightning Sorc burst is the worst it’s ever been in this game. It is very mediocre and when compared to other burst classes, it’s at the bottom. No one is suggesting they outstrip melee burst or even be that high, but they are too low and need a buff to burst. I could go into the history of the class over the last 8 years in more detail to explain how Bioware nerf the wrong things and buff the wrong things, but we all know they do that with most classes. Let’s just say that many years ago Bioware F’d up bad like they have with Mercs in this meta. That led to them breaking the class with the wrong nerfs because people rightly said it was OP, but Bioware didn’t understand how it was OP.

Of course there are also players that can make any class shine. They are the apex 1% players who can make the worst classes look OP. You really should not use those 2 players as an example of how balanced a class is unless you can find 24 of those type of apex players (one for each class and spec) and then see how they do.

The other issue is the rest of the player base has become so bad over the last 2 years that in many matches, above average players can look like pvp gods because of the bad players they have around them and against them.

If you really want to see how lightning Sorcs perform, roll one yourself and then get to an equal skill level with someone you know on another burst class. Once you’ve done that, have some duels with them and other people you consider of close to equal skill. You will soon realise that Sorcs have good defence and weak burst. Which makes them out of balance.

Let me add, I’m not suggesting boosting the burst with no changes to defence because that would make them OP. What needs to happen is balance and that requires more burst and a reduction in survivability DCDs.

As an example, I can play all game and not die. I do 1.5mil self heals, take 3+mil damage and do 3 mil dps. I spend half my time being a rabbit and making people chase me so my team can cap or so I can interrupt caps. That means a large part of my dps potential is muted because I’m kiting a lot and half my abilities are hard cast. If I’m totally left alone all match, I can spend my time free casting every ability and not waste CDs on healing myself. And if I really wanted to buff my dps numbers I would spend most of that time using a solid AOE rotation. Which has nothing to do with their burst potential. I would rather be able to kill someone than do fluff dps.

Thanks for the explanation. I have a 70 lightning sorc, but I rarely pvp on it. My opinion is just from being on the receiving end of sorc dps.

I get where you're coming from especially since you're comparing the current state to what was, yet I still disagree. In order for the class to have more burst and not be OP it would basically have to be reworked.

And if it did get a rework I feel like it would end up as a force using version of sniper. Kinda cool the way it is so it remains different.

Edited by Dyne-

I don't want a flame war, but I recently got back into the game after about a year off learning new specs and toons and if this is the same Twixit that played as before that I see now, burst is not gonna help you. You are so afraid of dying that you don't help your team with any kind of damage. You don't try to help anyone you just run around and laugh at people when it's 4 on one and they die. Not very constructive or helpful.

I remember from before chasing you down with Mace and killing you and how enraged you were at that. Why don't you just play and not worry about dying and help your team win objectives...

If I got the wrong Twix, than pardon me.. but the one I have been playing with hasn't changed since I played them before... and burst won't make any difference if your too obsessed with not dying.

Trixxie is not Twix.