Petition to separate Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode Lockouts

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys,

This is already a priority for us, but I can't promise a date yet. The Nightmare Mode system was originally built on the back of Hard Mode, which is why they share a lockout. It's a technical consequence of that fact, not a philosophical thing on our part.

Update?

/SIGNED

Please.. for the love of all MMO's..

DO NOT RELEASE Dread Palace & Dread Fortress NiM without this in place. Especially if the gear drop is increased to the newer versions in NiM and still the old gear in HM's.

It's not going to be very widely accepted if you can't separate these out in the future.

/SIGNED

Please.. for the love of all MMO's..

DO NOT RELEASE Dread Palace & Dread Fortress NiM without this in place. Especially if the gear drop is increased to the newer versions in NiM and still the old gear in HM's.

It's not going to be very widely accepted if you can't separate these out in the future.

Agreed. What part of "a priority" did you forget? I'm beginning to wonder if you're actually working on this at all. At least give us an update.

4 months ... probably not gonna happen at this point.

What kind of attitude toward MMOs is that? How long did we wait for Ready Check? How long did we wait for Gear Dyes? How long did we wait for a Re-customization feature? How long did we wait for good space combat?

Time is meaningless in an MMO. Sooner or later, they will realize the demand, and they will follow through on it. The reason I say that, but do not agree with that mentality being used for, say, gender changes in the Appearance Designer, is because the gender change has drawbacks. This has none, save the developer's thorough laziness. There's nothing technical that prevents them from accomplishing this.

What kind of attitude toward MMOs is that? How long did we wait for Ready Check? How long did we wait for Gear Dyes? How long did we wait for a Re-customization feature? How long did we wait for good space combat?

Time is meaningless in an MMO. Sooner or later, they will realize the demand, and they will follow through on it. The reason I say that, but do not agree with that mentality being used for, say, gender changes in the Appearance Designer, is because the gender change has drawbacks. This has none, save the developer's thorough laziness. There's nothing technical that prevents them from accomplishing this.

I can see how it would be fairly involved, seeing as they would have to add new lockouts in the lockout screen, tweak the achievements a bit, probably tweak the weekly completion triggers, as well (which are all guaranteed to cause bugs to pop up). I wish we could get a dev update on this. It would be a HUGE QOL improvement for this game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

This is already a priority for us, but I can't promise a date yet. The Nightmare Mode system was originally built on the back of Hard Mode, which is why they share a lockout. It's a technical consequence of that fact, not a philosophical thing on our part.

So you're making this change in 2.6 or 2.7 right?

I love how the explanation describes a lack of planning and forethought put into this game. :D

Actually, no. I agree with the Dev's initial decision to have them share lockouts.

Unfortunately once EC NiM arrived, not only was NiM a completely different mode, it also dropped different gear than HM. It was at that point that the lockouts should have been separated.