Repucussions of Exit area on Ops no longer allowed

Hmm then when you die in PVP you should have repair cost. Its a group effort if one your team fails to kill the opposing player he or she should have to pay repair cost you did die after all. not to mention that you should also loose valor when you die in PVP.

This would effectively kill PvP.

Hmm then when you die in PVP you should have repair cost. Its a group effort if one your team fails to kill the opposing player he or she should have to pay repair cost you did die after all. not to mention that you should also loose valor when you die in PVP.

Then no one would PVP. All those who are sitting on War Hero or Battlemaster Gear would effectively rule PVP. People would be hit with too huge of repair bills or broken armor that they would never be able to keep up with those already geared. Newcomers would be forced to hide and keep doing little things to remain unkicked. Also, one thing I already noticed: PVP gear has a value of 1 credit. So repairing it is only 1 credit all the time.

Edited by monkgryphon

The point being that Tanks are no longer in a position whereby they are taking a significantly greater durability hit by virtue of dying more often than the rest of the Op therefore a normalisation should go hand in hand with removal of "Exit Area" in mid combat in an Op.

Actually, that's not strictly true. If you're hit by an elite or champion NPC, you take a small amount of armor damage for that hit. Even if you don't die! By virtue of always being the ones who are hit, tanks will take a certain amount of armor damage over the course of a raid, even without there being a single wipe. The exact amount varies between operations, but you're generally looking at about 10k worth of repair costs *just* for tanking.

It's a team effort. The Op group is a whole. If even one part of the team fails, the whole team should fail.

If it's a team effort and we can't use Exit Area - then those nifty vanish like abilities should be disabled during boss encounters too - or do you think it's fair that stealth classes get to avoid dying in boss fights too?

I don't PVP much so have never really encountered that problem, not something I know enough about to comment on. I'm not certain this counts as what I might call an "exploit" like say credit duping for example because that is something that has damaging and far reaching effects. This issue is really about an unnecessary waste of time as much as a disproportionate credit sink and I'm not convinced that the game is in any way well served by the change.

Meh, a simple delay timer would have fixed the vendor issue without going scorched earth and removing them entirely.

I am confused here.

You either care about this because "its faster". But /stuck is even faster than exit area. Exit area has a cast time and you have to run away so it doesn't get interrupted. /stuck is instant.

OR you care about this because you want to save credits. First off, credits are so insignificant in this game that I don't know why you care. And second, why should you get to save your credits if other people in your group are already dead?

If you actually cared about wiping fast when a wipe is called you'd type /stuck.

Repairs in this game are a joke. There is no need to re-enable exit area.

You know if people starting using /stuck in that manner, that might lead to some actioned accounts because they are using an in-game feature in a manner that is unintended. That type of usage may even end up with Bioware disabling it.

I'd rather keep /stuck out of it and keep that particular function as it is. How about a real solution to the issue, rather than trying to beat the devil around the bush? Exit area's only advantage was that it avoided a repair bill - /stuck is even instant cast. It also stands to reason that using /stuck may generate a problem report for CSR to investigate as well.

What really used to irk me is when people would exit area before a wipe was certain. I know one or two players that would do this. You go in as a team and you stay until the last man standing goes down. We don't release til the last guy drops. We did not tolerate players exiting early.

And with the cost for repairs going down, it's really insignificant now. I have a smuggler, and am the squishiest guy on the HM ops team. Repairing is part of doing business. Takes me 20 minutes to run the dailies on Ilum or Black Hole, and it more than covers repairs and stims for the weeks operations

What really used to irk me is when people would exit area before a wipe was certain. I know one or two players that would do this. You go in as a team and you stay until the last man standing goes down. We don't release til the last guy drops. We did not tolerate players exiting early.

And with the cost for repairs going down, it's really insignificant now. I have a smuggler, and am the squishiest guy on the HM ops team. Repairing is part of doing business. Takes me 20 minutes to run the dailies on Ilum or Black Hole, and it more than covers repairs and stims for the weeks operations

Considering how we are forced to load back into the Fleet when we release - when a wipe is called, I'd rather people start that process so that those of us with SSD drives don't have to wait so long for them to zone back in.

The question for me is why, in 2012, must we still zone out of a raid zone when we die and release - yet in a PvP warzone - we simply return to a respawn area. In both circumstances, we are removed from the battle. We certainly don't have 3 minutes of load screen time in a warzone every time we die.

You know if people starting using /stuck in that manner, that might lead to some actioned accounts because they are using an in-game feature in a manner that is unintended. That type of usage may even end up with Bioware disabling it.

I'd rather keep /stuck out of it and keep that particular function as it is. How about a real solution to the issue, rather than trying to beat the devil around the bush? Exit area's only advantage was that it avoided a repair bill - /stuck is even instant cast. It also stands to reason that using /stuck may generate a problem report for CSR to investigate as well.

Doubtable. Usually action against accounts occur when the feature is used in an unintended way that provides some sort of advantage (in-game) or breaks a script or something. That isn't the case here.

Doubtable. Usually action against accounts occur when the feature is used in an unintended way that provides some sort of advantage (in-game) or breaks a script or something. That isn't the case here.

So are you saying that using a command that was originally intended to get your character unstuck from bugged terrain to expedite a wipe in a raid zone where you are not actually stuck in bugged terrain is perfectly normal usage?

I don't think so - especially if that command leaves a record somewhere with a set of coordinates for a bug smasher dev team to review.

So are you saying that using a command that was originally intended to get your character unstuck from bugged terrain to expedite a wipe in a raid zone where you are not actually stuck in bugged terrain is perfectly normal usage?

I don't think so - especially if that command leaves a record somewhere with a set of coordinates for a bug smasher dev team to review.

It's not normal usage, strictly speaking. But it harms nothing. Now if it yielded no durability loss, then it might be something to be looked at.

But /stuck (when used in combat) kills you. When it is called for wipes it kills you.

What's the problem?

It's not normal usage, strictly speaking. But it harms nothing. Now if it yielded no durability loss, then it might be something to be looked at.

But /stuck (when used in combat) kills you. When it is called for wipes it kills you.

What's the problem?

It's not a suicide command. It likely submits a set of coordinates to the dev team for later investigation. Using it as a "convenience wipe button" only fills up their bugged coordinate list so that real terrain issues get lost in the noise.

There is no "real" problem with Exit Area either. If escaping a repair bill was that big of a deal - then stealth classes wouldn't be able to do it either.

Edited by Raeln