Can we save Darth Marr now?

Paulsutherland

You can kill Nem'ro in the BH story? Are you sure? You aren't getting it confused with the Agent killing Fa'athra?

*You* can't kill Nemro in the bounty hunter story, but Skadge does, once he's freed from Belsavis and traveling with the hunter. He mentions it in his conversations. Nemro betrayed him and caused him some grief, so he goes off to Hutta and gets revenge. But you actually have to stomach those chats with Skadge to hear about it, which i why I said it *can* happen in the BH story. :D

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*You* can't kill Nemro in the bounty hunter story, but Skadge does, once he's freed from Belsavis and traveling with the hunter. He mentions it in his conversations. Nemro betrayed him and caused him some grief, so he goes off to Hutta and gets revenge. But you actually have to stomach those chats with Skadge to hear about it, which i why I said it *can* happen in the BH story. :D

Ooh. That's interesting. He mentions Nem'ro by name? I'll have to look for that.

You play this game for so long, you think you've discovered pretty much everything lore-wise, and up pops another nugget.

It's why vanilla was so good, and why the knights expansions were so appalling; on their own, as a single player star wars game, they'd merely be okay, even fun in a bad movie kind of way. It's in comparison to what came before that they dim.

I played through anarchy in paradise today and was reminded of another reason I hate the FE/ET - the overacting. I knew they'd ruined HK [55 talks like a d-bag version of 47, even 51 wasn't so insufferable], but I'd forgotten that same quality shows up in Timor Slen the overwatch commander - the VA for that is the guy who did Jaeric Kaedan, though you wouldn't know it the way he keeps Shatnerizing his lines. And there are lots more examples sprinkled throughout the expansions, of good VAs who forgot how to act, likely on BW's direction.

Edited by Ardrossan

I'm not a Malgus fan either. I thought reading his novel would help my opinion of him, but not really. Marr is the man!

Deceived was a good book but I didn't really change my opinion on Malgus, nor did the Theron book for Theron.

Where's my Darth Marr book?! I want to know how he was the youngest Dark Council member!

Ah, all right, your opposition makes sense now...

You have no taste. And for me to get behind "bad dream" or timetravel, KOTFE/ET would have to be unbelievably awful. And it is.

"You have no taste" so because I disagree with your opinion you've got to attack me instead of having a mature discussion about why we like/dislike said product? Good to know you'll resort to character assassination instead of explaining why you dislike it. Your taste, my friend, is subjective. KOTFE/ET might be bad for you, but not everyone shares your opinion and they're not wrong because they don't agree with you.

I actually did like both Marr and Malgus. Malgus though I believe is too erratic and dramatic to be considered for anything long term. They were both *Thinkers, planning, scheming but Malgus seems much more about the "One time Bold stroke" type and that as history has shown typically leads to Win all or Lose all outcomes. Marr understands there are usually many small steps to set the conditions first and those do take time and not always to be rushed in. Both characters were good just not both suited to be an overall leader.

Darth Marr was good, SWTOR lost one its most universally liked characters with his death.

I agree with this, Darth Malgus was one of my favorite Sith but his betrayal has been set since his novel. Re-doing that arc after having read Deceived made me realize he was probably that for a long time coming. There's even a line in the novel about how the galaxy had to be cleansed with fire and the Republic wasn't the only one who need it.

Addendum: After a little reading I found the line and I'll transcribe it here under the spoiler tag for anybody who still wishes to read the book.

"His vision on Korriban had shown him a galaxy in flames. But it was not just the Republic that required cleansing by fire."

Deceived was a good book but I didn't really change my opinion on Malgus, nor did the Theron book for Theron.

Where's my Darth Marr book?! I want to know how he was the youngest Dark Council member!

^This, a Marr novel or comic book series would've been awesome.

Edited by FlameYOL

Probably :( But Sith are Sith, maybe we could find a ritual to raise him back from the dead. :D If Zash can body hop to trade up, maybe we could put Marr's spirit and voice into another body?

Maybe they'll pull another Revan, He was a force ghost AND alive at the same time. :eek:

Where's my Darth Marr book?!

It's in the fan fiction section, called Marr, and is written by Lunafox.

On topic: The death of Darth Marr is possibly the greatest loss in the game, overall story considered. I don't think that excuses a resurrection, however. On the contrary, a story can gain a great deal of substance from such devastation, and an exploration of how to deal with it all and move on can be had.

Resurrections, on the other hand, tend to be cheap and lazy. Exceptions exist, of course.

At least... These points apply to well written stories. So yeah.

It's in the fan fiction section, called Marr, and is written by Lunafox.

On topic: The death of Darth Marr is possibly the greatest loss in the game, overall story considered. I don't think that excuses a resurrection, however. On the contrary, a story can gain a great deal of substance from such devastation, and an exploration of how to deal with it all and move on can be had.

Resurrections, on the other hand, tend to be cheap and lazy. Exceptions exist, of course.

At least... These points apply to well written stories. So yeah.

Heh, I've been reading them, they're pretty good! :D

At this point ... I'll settle for 'chap and lazy' as opposed to nothing ... failing that I'll just go grab him from KOTFE - Chapter 1 and then just head canon my adventures from there on.

Heh, I've been reading them, they're pretty good! :D

At this point ... I'll settle for 'chap and lazy' as opposed to nothing ... failing that I'll just go grab him from KOTFE - Chapter 1 and then just head canon my adventures from there on.

I'm generally all right with resurrections when the deaths are, themselves, cheap and lazy. In any event, yeah, I have him following around one of my Inquisitors who bound his spirit to her. She was not going to let him get away with dragging her to Zakuul and then dying.

I'm generally all right with resurrections when the deaths are, themselves, cheap and lazy. In any event, yeah, I have him following around one of my Inquisitors who bound his spirit to her. She was not going to let him get away with dragging her to Zakuul and then dying.

Uhhh my warrior is still head-canoning the events of the Revanite conflict. Her and Marr are currently hunting down the remaining Revanites at the moment XD.

We've already have a 'How' we could bring him back. We have the Belsavis Mother Machine ... that thing is creating new races as it sees fit ... so ... dump their bodies inside and let it work its magic on them?

Uhhh my warrior is still head-canoning the events of the Revanite conflict. Her and Marr are currently hunting down the remaining Revanites at the moment XD.

We've already have a 'How' we could bring him back. We have the Belsavis Mother Machine ... that thing is creating new races as it sees fit ... so ... dump their bodies inside and let it work its magic on them?

Hm... dump some Mynocks with Ugnaughts and get Mynockunaughts

Or maybe...

Jawas in with Nautilans and get Nawalians

Or Ithorians with Arkanians and get Authorians

Or Yakas with Wookies and get Wakas

Or Gands and Ganks and get Gangans

Hm...

Edited by xordevoreaux

Now I realise this request may screw over the space time continuum but ... well ... **** it!

What the title says ... Can we go back in time and save Darth Marr? Failing that can we wake up on Darth Marr's destroyer screaming about Zildrog and Zakuul?

star wars as i recall doesn't have time travelling elements unlike star trek. i don't ever recall an instance in the films or the clone wars tv series or even rebels where time travel was ever a thing.

I would happily go back to Rakata Prime or Belsavis and have a rummage about to see if there is some tech that could sort out this mess.

I am always restarting chapter 1 just so that I can spend some quality time with Marr. We have done quite a lot of sight seeing so far! :D

I would happily go back to Rakata Prime or Belsavis and have a rummage about to see if there is some tech that could sort out this mess.

I am always restarting chapter 1 just so that I can spend some quality time with Marr. We have done quite a lot of sight seeing so far! :D

Yeah! LEt's go to Belsavis and tell the computer to clone or 'rebuild' our favourite characters.

Edited by Paulsutherland

Time travel is canon, though it's unclear that they could have changed anything, and ghosts being able to act to affect the physical world is canon. Cloning was always canon, though the ability for the spirit to move into a clone might not be, but if Vitiate can do it with people, I like that Marr might also. Among others.

Edited by gamephil

Time travel is canon, though it's unclear that they could have changed anything, and ghosts being able to act to affect the physical world is canon. Cloning was always canon, though the ability for the spirit to move into a clone might not be, but if Vitiate can do it with people, I like that Marr might also. Among others.

Zash does it as well. But that is assuming there is actually anything left of Marr. He said himself that it was taking him a lot of effort to appear as a force apparition.

I'm not sure how it worked with force users but Starkiller got cloned multiple times with the clones picking up different personalities. ( Subject 1138 / Dark Apprentice ) So if you want a redeemed Vaylin, cloning her might get you lucky. XD

The enforced years in carbonite was just a play to make you do stuff over and over ( grind for your old companions and the star fortresses ones and new ones, and do the heroics over and over and over) in order to buy time for the studio to come up with more content.

OFC some people burned through all the chapters and the content within a few days.

And even the people who took their time and did all this hamster-wheel spinning for several characters are still starved of content even now, some years down the line.

The studio is being run on a shoe-string budget with only a handful of staff. It has been for a considerable time. Unless they come up with something revolutionary, or find a few 100M dollars behind the sofa, none of this will change, nor will the story play out in any meaningful way.

- If you want it to work, your own personal head-cannon is probably your best bet.

But yeah, unless Marr is offered via the 'bring back the companions you're missing' terminal on Odessan, he's either gone, or you have to drop the chapter part-way through and use him elsewhere.

Zash does it as well. But that is assuming there is actually anything left of Marr. He said himself that it was taking him a lot of effort to appear as a force apparition.

Just a matter of a decision being made that he's been able to hold out, really. At this point, I'd just as soon have some characters that I thought got short shrift to be on the CM, though.

I'm not sure how it worked with force users but Starkiller got cloned multiple times with the clones picking up different personalities. ( Subject 1138 / Dark Apprentice ) So if you want a redeemed Vaylin, cloning her might get you lucky. XD

Since you brought her up: Eh. Maybe. My problem has always been how the original was treated, including by my character against my wishes. Even her having to die might have been tolerable if we hadn't had to torture her first, or even if we'd been allowed some regret for it..A story where the clone just had a different personality wouldn't fully make up for that nonsense. I would not turn it down, though..

Yes. Once you get past chapter 1, you can go back into chapter 1, and then just quit out of chapter 1 once you have Marr as a companion, and can then headcannon whatever you would like.

We cannot go back in time and keep with the "main story" unfortunately, but we an basically keep Marr with us for everything except those chapters.

Interesting that you used a spoiler prevention thing when the title of this thread is a spoiler. XD

I just realized: I meant the "transfer to my own clone" thing specifically. The Dark Horse series some years ago actually had Palpatine doing that. But, yeah, Zash and Vitiate both have shown a similar power, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are others.

Edited by gamephil