Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

Aidank
02.13.2012 , 11:09 PM | #1041
Quote: Originally Posted by Lormif View Post
or have been attacking, or may be attacked by someone else.. It is an ability that is HIGHLY situational.
For one, that's just BS, if you can't get a mezz off that's your problem, not your class's.

Two, If that were the case you would be arguing all mezzes are highly situational, not just whirlwind. He was comparing whirlwind to other mezzes, saying whirlwind was the best... Which it is. (It still has a 2 sec stun if broken, which still makes it better than other mezzes if broken)
Quote: Originally Posted by HileyQuiggley View Post
Nerf Grav Round are you serious? What else could we possibly do after that?

Telaan
02.13.2012 , 11:16 PM | #1042
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumri View Post
No. The resolve we have is the resolve we have. It's how the game works. Class Balance is considered with current mechanics. Saying that a totally new resolve system would cause Sorcerers to be balanced is stupid. If everyone moved 2x faster then melee would be at a huge advantage vs ranged. If CC was half as effective as it is now then heavy CC classes would be a lot weaker. You don't argue something is balanced based on theoretical game mechanics. You argue based on current game mechanics.
So you're arguing that people stunning through a full resolve bar never be fixed and balance the game according to your vision? Come on man.......

All classes, not just sorc/sage, bypass resolve with CC on a regular basis. People rage about it regularly. The mechanic is not working as intended.....for anyone.

Additionally, Sages/Sorcerers die all the time. This mythical world you've invented where they never die, and dominate everyone with one button and a bunch of passive CC abilities simply doesn't exist.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what you (or I for that matter) says on these forums. BW is gonna take the data mined from metrics over a bunch of biased QQ on the forums.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Healer/Enhancer 4xx4

justcallmetarzan
02.13.2012 , 11:16 PM | #1043
Quote: Originally Posted by Aidank View Post
...saying whirlwind was the best... Which it is. (It still has a 2 sec stun if broken, which still makes it better than other mezzes if broken)
*wince*

Balance Sages can get a 2 sec stun on broken force lifts.

Jakoby
02.13.2012 , 11:16 PM | #1044
Dude no vague responses needed, your list proves our point.

NO OTHER CLASS OUT THERE has all those abilities.

A sorc can DPS, Range, Shield, and CC as well as a Sentinel, Scoundrel, and Vanguard combined. How can 1 class beat three?

Bioware has created a monster because if they nerf it, the majority of the players will rage quit. All the vain, imature younglings will rage quit... I beleive a better way to deal with it would be to bring other classes up to be on par.

Hey just a thought!

Tumri
02.13.2012 , 11:24 PM | #1045
Quote: Originally Posted by justcallmetarzan View Post
*wince*

Balance Sages can get a 2 sec stun on broken force lifts.
It's the Sage version of Whirlwind
Wrath
Pre-Launch Hardcore Guild that has moved on to better games.
www.wrathnation.com

Rallic
02.13.2012 , 11:26 PM | #1046
Quote: Originally Posted by Aidank View Post
For one, that's just BS, if you can't get a mezz off that's your problem, not your class's.

Two, If that were the case you would be arguing all mezzes are highly situational, not just whirlwind. He was comparing whirlwind to other mezzes, saying whirlwind was the best... Which it is. (It still has a 2 sec stun if broken, which still makes it better than other mezzes if broken)
WW is a grate spell when used right , if in a wz its sort of more for a short stop or burn them ii n the fire as its broke 99% of the time.
In wz I don't use it much .but its instant cast so allways good to have it ready. In open world Illum Voss and the like where are group uses called targets and you do not brake cc , then it can be used right a lol por sob just had to watch his buddys die and nothing he could do.

Since resolve is broke you hit the healer with a stun , he's going to brake it and only has one brake , then WW him and there he sets for the fight.

So ya the sorcs doing what they are ment to do be a cc doting class that can heal. That what I do , I'm support, I cc and heal , back up extra dmg .
This is a team game stop qqing that you can't beat a sorc in a team when your pugging it up. L2team, if you won't to solo get use to teams being more op and rofl stomping your pug.

Tumri
02.13.2012 , 11:26 PM | #1047
Quote: Originally Posted by Jakoby View Post
Bioware has created a monster because if they nerf it, the majority of the players will rage quit. All the vain, imature younglings will rage quit... I beleive a better way to deal with it would be to bring other classes up to be on par.

Hey just a thought!
They're not way too overpowered though. It's just those two specific talents give them two overpowered CCs. Most Sorcerers don't even use that spec. Most wouldn't even notice. The ones that do use the spec know that it's extremely overpowered. I've talked to two Sorcerers that use the spec in game and they were laughing and saying they were going to enjoy it while it lasted.
Wrath
Pre-Launch Hardcore Guild that has moved on to better games.
www.wrathnation.com

Rallic
02.13.2012 , 11:34 PM | #1048
Quote: Originally Posted by Jakoby View Post
Dude no vague responses needed, your list proves our point.

NO OTHER CLASS OUT THERE has all those abilities.

A sorc can DPS, Range, Shield, and CC as well as a Sentinel, Scoundrel, and Vanguard combined. How can 1 class beat three?

Hey just a thought!
Lmao sorcs can not dps , or burst as good as any class you listed. You need to Olay one if you think they can.

If you truly do think that you might won't to just uninstal the game as your just to clueless to ever be helped. Truly just uninstal you will thank me later.

Sorcs are cc kings that what they are good at. The dmg a sorc has is aeo and dots . The big numbers at the end of a wz means nothing and only a scrub would think they had anything to do with kills or a win for that mater. top it off with sorcs and assassins have the same icon for urban legends of 600k dps sorcs with 600k healing .

YMIHere
02.13.2012 , 11:43 PM | #1049
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumri View Post
Another point that I'd like to mention is just how GOOD the Sorcerer CCs are. Not only do they have the MOST CC but they also have the best of each type.

Marauder get a 1.5m CD 6s duration AoE mezz that is our big "killer CC". It's biggest flaw is that you rare get the full duration since it breaks on damage. A Sorcerer talented for Backlash can click off his bubble for a 20 second CD AoE mezz with a 3 second duration.
This is likely not intended and I implore you to create a ticket. I will next time I'm in game.

Quote:
You have the best knockback in the game as well with the shortest CD and a talented immobilize attached. The duration of the immobilize is also incredibly long.
Jet Boost's cooldown can be specced to 20 seconds and knocks people further away. The 60% snare for 4 seconds doesn't break on damage like ours, and that same spec point reduces their CC breaker to 1m30s.

Quote:
Your whirlwind is by far the best 60s(8 in PvP) CC in the game in PvP and even in PvE. It's even got a 2 second stun attached if talented. It also doesn't have anything like a stealth requirement attached.
For reference, the two second stun at the end is a horrible side effect from having it as an instant cast. You can only cast it way out of battle unless you want the target to have a full resolve bar for a two second stun. Don't get me wrong, I like it instant but I'd consider it a buff if they got rid of the stun.
Gort - Sorc
Iron Citadel

bliapis
02.13.2012 , 11:59 PM | #1050
there is so much bs in this thread its unbelievable
i5 2500k OC @ 4Ghz | Thermaltek Hyper TX3 air cooler | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | Asus GTX580 CU | Asus Maximus IV GenZ/Gen3 | Thermatek 750W PSU -==- Server: Fredon Nad (EU)// Characters: [B]Vanguard L50: Clipjunkie// [B]Sentinel L50: Seithan// Juggernaur L50: Shaithis // Sorcerer L42: Rasthavas