Required Conquest point totals seem too high

Shirvington

I really hope the personal and guild Conquest point totals on the PTS are placeholders of some kind.

50k for personal seems way too much even in light of the bonus points from exp conversion. (15k on live to 50k on PTS??)

Guild: 500k for small yield, 2mil for medium yield, 5mil for large yield? Granted, the specific conquest objs were buffed, but these numbers seem way out of whack.

Your goal was for more players to achieve Conquest, and on live, mission accomplished! It seems a significant backtrack to ramp personal up to 50k.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Although the numbers you are seeing may still be in flux, the spirit of them is correct. However, not only have the totals been increased, but the Objectives values are being completed by the same multiplier. We are doing this to help balance out the value of objectives vs passive command points a bit.

-eric

Unless the point gains are getting an equal inflation adjustment/expansion, this is going to kill conquest (and Guilds) all over again.

Now, if this was preliminary to characters having a scaling reward (small/medium/large), then you might be on to something, but 50k as a baseline with the current system is pure bloat.

Edited by Kaveat

Although the numbers you are seeing may still be in flux, the spirit of them is correct. However, not only have the totals been increased, but the Objectives values are being completed by the same multiplier. We are doing this to help balance out the value of objectives vs passive command points a bit.

-eric

Does this also mean the amount we get from doing normal quests (like dailies, story quest, or heroics) will also be increased? I enjoy doing dailies or the like for some of my characters for conquest, while I do the Objectives listed on other characters each week. For an example I wake up early, I do dailies for while for conquest, after lunch I'll swap characters and do PvP, GSF or Operations for conquest.

Edited by Toraak

Does this also mean the amount we get from doing normal quests (like dailies, story quest, or heroics) will also be increased? I enjoy doing dailies or the like for some of my characters for conquest, while I do the Objectives listed on other characters each week. For an example I wake up early, I do dailies for while for conquest, after lunch I'll swap characters and do PvP, GSF or Operations for conquest.

I suspect not, since they are trying to make the actual conquest objectives more important. Right now, it's easy to hit the goal just by knocking out a few weekly missions and ignoring the objectives. With a high enough stronghold multiplier, I'm pretty sure CZ-198 alone can get you between 1/3 and 1/2 of the way to the goal for a few minutes' work.

The new numbers may or may not be reasonable, but I can understand the spirit of the change.

Oof, nope, don't like that. I would have to agree with the earlier point made that this will just make conquest meaningless to smaller guilds again. I can appreciate the "spirit"...but the aforementioned numbers are quite the knee jerk response.

I remember saying this to one of my former guild members when they added the "conquest points for anything and everything" that conquest will be changed, the requirements would be upped and they said "no, why would they?".

The current 15k can be hit in less than an hour, most of the time I smash the 15k without even noticing and thats not by being a no lifer, its by just doing stuff, not standing around on the fleet/SH's, I do heroics, flashpoints and so on, I don't always go to massive efforts to skip everything.

50K would be alt unfriendly tbh and that would take longer, I'd probably manage a character over 2 evenings if it was 50k. Unless you add the old heroic objectives each week with the ability to repeat(silver triangle) that objective and 1k points each.

I remember saying this to one of my former guild members when they added the "conquest points for anything and everything" that conquest will be changed, the requirements would be upped and they said "no, why would they?".

The current 15k can be hit in less than an hour, most of the time I smash the 15k without even noticing and thats not by being a no lifer, its by just doing stuff, not standing around on the fleet/SH's, I do heroics, flashpoints and so on, I don't always go to massive efforts to skip everything.

50K would be alt unfriendly tbh and that would take longer, I'd probably manage a character over 2 evenings if it was 50k. Unless you add the old heroic objectives each week with the ability to repeat(silver triangle) that objective and 1k points each.

We'll have to see how much they increase the points for objectives. Hopefully it will still be possible to hit the target on a few alts by focusing on the objectives. If they make it take most of the week to hit it on one character, that's a problem. But I'm not opposed to changes that make it so you can't just knock out the Black Hole and CZ-198 weeklies and almost hit your weekly goal in like half an hour.

This is perfectly fine. Currently getting Conquest is way too easy. By the end of the week, I have several toons on 60-150K conquest, and that's by doing everyday stuff. Currently if you run an Operation, you end up with around 20K points. Even more if the operation is part of the conquest objective. We've regularly had to have players switch out 3-4 bosses in an operation because their character just hit objective, and probably get a second character close to conquest by the end of the OP.

Conquest shouldn't be something you get done after just 1-2 activities. It should at least take 2-3 days of 1-2 activity per day. You should be able to get 3-5 characters to conquest, not 10-15 characters per week (as many have been doing since the last conquest changes). If nothing else, look at the cost of Charged Matter on GTN. It has dropped from 2 mil to about 600-700K because of how easy it has become to earn conquest.

This has made many of the large guilds to opt out of going for large yield to medium/small because the reward has become meaningless for large yield (because too many people are getting them, saturating the market).

Going back to 50K, will ensure that the rewards are worthwhile and we will go back to having 3-4 characters meeting conquest rather than 10-15 per account.

Edited by Akushii

I was actually going to make a post about some conquest related changes I noticed yesterday that are going to affect other things.

1. The 50k point goal. I balked at that at first. Then I noticed some things.

A) More conquest points for random npc kills. Normal/Silver/Gold - all the conquest points were increased.

B) Level sync was altered. Instead of being put to 12 on Korriban, I was put to 10. That means fewer gray mobs and more conquest points overall. This pattern was followed for both DK and Balmorra (only 3 planets I checked).

C) It looked like the "mission completion" points were buffed as well. yesterday I thought they were the same, but I just realized I didn't have XP armor equipped and didn't have the SH bonus.

2. Aggro range is heightened dramatically.

A) Will allow you to aggro mobs more quickly. Faster kills = faster completion.

B) I know you're not supposed to have an A w/o a B....but what I was going to put here I'm moving to next spot

3. Not specifically related to conquest:

A) Level Sync changes and Aggro range increase means that heroics that used to be really fast, will take longer.

B) Toxic Bombs for example. You go in and kill the mobs in pairs. On TC, the first pair died normally. The 2nd pair, on my melee TC toon, I was close enough to aggro the pair in the back corner. The level sync changes made them hit harder and even with my influence 25 healer companion, AND kitted out with the "uber" gear from the Odessan vendors, I had to stealth out to avoid getting killed.

There's some balance that needs to be done at the low end of the game on TC right now.

Even CZ198, from what I saw in another post, the aggro range is such that mobs in another room were attacking the player making the post.

It might not be skytrooper bad, but it's different than how it's been.

If the devs are going to keep it, the players will need to adjust.

Which, in my opinion, is NOT the time to increase to 50k points personal goal.

Edited by Darev

-eric

50k for personal is still WAY too much. Your goal was to get more people to achieve Conquest, and while on Live it might be easier than anticipated, the PTS changes are an overcorrection. You want more people to achieve Conquest but maybe not quite so easily. Something more reasonable would be 30k for Personal. 300k for small guild, 1.25m medium, 2.5m large.

You should be able to get 3-5 characters to conquest.

Why? There is no basis for "3-5" toons per week. In fact, BW has stated they wanted more people to achieve Conquest with the Conquest exp conversion, so "3-5" is a step backwards (and clearly just your opinion).

A) More conquest points for random npc kills. Normal/Silver/Gold - all the conquest points were increased.

It's double exp on the PTS too. So it just appears that the kill exp rewards are higher. They really aren't.

-eric

I hope that means you will also be adjusting the types of conquest activities. Ie, this weeks activities are terrible for small guilds or solo players. Everything seems to be around Master mode flash points and not planetary activities or rampages.

It’s all well and good to up the totals, but you need to make them fair for everyone. Not just the top guilds. Remember less grind equals more fun. More grind equals people leaving the game.

One of the best things you’ve done with conquest in 2 years was only 5 weeks ago when you eased up on the way to accumulate points. It actually made conquest fun again and people who hadn’t done it for a long time started to participate.

Please don’t take 2 steps back now and make it worse than before.

I feel like this is another nail in the swtor coffin. Reading this thread has made me not want to bother testing anything on the pts if you guys STILL haven’t learnt from past mistakes with conquest. I really do hope I am wrong. But every time I give you guys the benefit of the doubt, you burn us. My gut tells me this is about to happen again. Please prove me wrong.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I agree with TrixxieTriss; the increase in points has encouraged more of my guild members to get involved with CQ. They just do normal activities and then realise they have also made a fair amount of CQ points which brings them close to getting our guild CQ rewards so they put a bit more effort in and take on a few CQ objectives to reach the goal line.

It really seems you are disconnected from CQ and guilds in general. You spend too long looking at statistics instead of the enjoyment level of players. The point balance right now is great. People get rewards easily which makes them happy. Sure the rewards are pretty crap but just getting a "you have won something" popup makes people happy. Please stop breaking things that don't need fixing :)

I hope that means you will also be adjusting the types of conquest activities. Ie, this weeks activities are terrible for small guilds or solo players. Everything seems to be around Master mode flash points and not planetary activities or rampages.

It’s all well and good to up the totals, but you need to make them fair for everyone. Not just the top guilds. Remember less grind equals more fun. More grind equals people leaving the game.

One of the best things you’ve done with conquest in 2 years was only 5 weeks ago when you eased up on the way to accumulate points. It actually made conquest fun again and people who hadn’t done it for a long time started to participate.

All this

As a solo player who has some alts in a small guild where i'm curently the only active player, i never really bothered with conquest before the last change that made it achievable by playing however i want to play and playing the content I want to play.

If it becomes again achievable only by playing content i don't like, i'll just not bother with it anymore than before, because it was not fun t-hen and it'll not be fun now either...

I agree with TrixxieTriss; the increase in points has encouraged more of my guild members to get involved with CQ. They just do normal activities and then realise they have also made a fair amount of CQ points which brings them close to getting our guild CQ rewards so they put a bit more effort in and take on a few CQ objectives to reach the goal line.

It really seems you are disconnected from CQ and guilds in general. You spend too long looking at statistics instead of the enjoyment level of players. The point balance right now is great. People get rewards easily which makes them happy. Sure the rewards are pretty crap but just getting a "you have won something" popup makes people happy. Please stop breaking things that don't need fixing :)

I think they are a little low, not too much, but definitely a little low. I would think 20-25K would be just about the sweet spot for conquest. It doesn't put too much of a strain on what we have now. I do agree that the objectives need to be updated. I have been asking for more differing types of objectives for a long time. Right now, I don't need anyone to help me hit the small guild goal, I can do this on my own and get 15 toons across the line easily. I would like it a little bit higher. 20k per per person and 225K per guild would be a little harder for ME, but I don't think it would be overly drastic of a jump for a guild of more 4 or more people that is already hitting the mark. (small yield is all i am doing so not sure the numbers of people for the mid and large yields).

Getting to conquest in 30-45 minutes is way to easy right now.

I feel like this is another nail in the swtor coffin. Reading this thread has made me not want to bother testing anything on the pts if you guys STILL haven’t learnt from past mistakes with conquest. I really do hope I am wrong. But every time I give you guys the benefit of the doubt, you burn us. My gut tells me this is about to happen again. Please prove me wrong.

I also completle agree with this.

What the hell is wrong with the dev team?

Conquest used to be a relatively easy grind. A grind, but not horrible. Then you guys came along and radically nerfed the points we get for objectives. Then you made some corrections and we all got used to the new grind.

Then you gave us conquest points for everything, and there was MUCH REJOICING from every single person that has a life outside of SWTOR.

Now you want to go back to screwing everyone but the largest guilds.

Come up with one consistent design philosophy that is PLAYER-CENTERED and stick to it.

For those people who are still struggling to get 15,000 points. What is your stronghold bonus? 6 strongholds with every room unlocked gives you 150 % bonus. (They don't need to be decorated, just all rooms unlocked)

That's also a fairly sizable credit investment, I haven't done it, ever, in one fell swoop, but I'd guess it's between 20-35 million to fully unlock 6 strongholds from scratch.

DK / Coruscant / Nar Shaddaa / Tatooine / Yavin / Manaan Probably the cheapest way to go.

50,000 personal goal for a normal goal? 500k for a guild? No No No Why Why Why?

Giving CQ points for XP earned was one of the BEST CHANGES you have made to the game in a very very long time.

And now you are going to RUIN IT by more than tripling the CQ goal?

Your objectives for most of the conquests are TERRIBLE, and the ones that are decent are repeatable only once a week or once daily,

and that is the main issue when it comes to people bypassing CQ objectives for passive XP.

I don't care if you make them worth 5x what they were before, its isnt going to make it any better.

Unless you are going to make MASSIVE CHANGES to your existing conquests to make the objectives more like the ones for the Pirate Incursion: Dantooine, which is the ONLY EVENT RELATED CQ WORTH DOING due to the infinitely repeatable dailiy objectives, and add more infinitely repeatable goals, your PTS changes are going to effectively re-murder CQ and destroy all the goodwill you endeared with the passive XP changes.

I'm finally able to hit the small yield goal regularly with my very small guild of friends and family and earn a few encryptions, and this is going to probably put that out of reach.

The best part of the passive XP CQ change, beyond the "play what content you want and whatever character you want to play" , was that you could also play in whatever size guild you wanted to play in. Not beg to get as many toons as you can into a big guild that treats their memebers like conquest bots.

And the PTS changes are going to ruin that.

Increasing the personal goal to 20k or 25k, and guild small yield to 250k would be okay, but 50 and 500 is increasing it so much that interest in CQ is again going to plummet. Which is sad,

Also, with gear rewards now tied to CQ, the promise of giving us more drops is not going to be fulfilled if you make grinding conquest massively harder.

Edited by matthaxian

I was actually going to make a post about some conquest related changes I noticed yesterday that are going to affect other things.

1. The 50k point goal. I balked at that at first. Then I noticed some things.

B) Level sync was altered. Instead of being put to 12 on Korriban, I was put to 10. That means fewer gray mobs and more conquest points overall. This pattern was followed for both DK and Balmorra (only 3 planets I checked).

C) It looked like the "mission completion" points were buffed as well. yesterday I thought they were the same, but I just realized I didn't have XP armor equipped and didn't have the SH bonus.

B) I know you're not supposed to have an A w/o a B....but what I was going to put here I'm moving to next spot

3. Not specifically related to conquest:

A) Level Sync changes and Aggro range increase means that heroics that used to be really fast, will take longer.

B) Toxic Bombs for example. You go in and kill the mobs in pairs. On TC, the first pair died normally. The 2nd pair, on my melee TC toon, I was close enough to aggro the pair in the back corner. The level sync changes made them hit harder and even with my influence 25 healer companion, AND kitted out with the "uber" gear from the Odessan vendors, I had to stealth out to avoid getting killed.

There's some balance that needs to be done at the low end of the game on TC right now.

Even CZ198, from what I saw in another post, the aggro range is such that mobs in another room were attacking the player making the post.

It might not be skytrooper bad, but it's different than how it's been.

If the devs are going to keep it, the players will need to adjust.

Which, in my opinion, is NOT the time to increase to 50k points personal goal.

It is all over that is for sure. I tested Korriban and Corruscent. It wasn't fun. It like that playing D3 but the equipment you have can handle it. Different type of game.

Is this a universal change to aggro range, or or you just seeing the results of being a lower level (because they dropped the level sync on a few planets? If it is a universal aggro range change, I think that's a bad idea.

Do you remember what a nightmare Makeb used to be to slog through?

I get wanting to make mobs closer to your level and eliminate the few places where you get zero XP or CXP because of grey mobs. And not have it where you practically have to drive right over the mob to aggro them.

But its a delicate balance too because you dont want the converse true too where a pack of trash mobs feels like a heroic.

Edited by matthaxian