Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

Gearing my Merc Healer at level 51-55

DanHargraves

I am currently at level 51 but I want to start preparing myself to gear towards level 55 ops and hard mode flashpoints. Can anyone recommend the best way to prepare myself and start the gearing process now? I only really want to concentrate on PVE at the moment and intend to try and do as many ops as possible once I am geared.

I am currently levelling on Makeb and doing the odd normal flashpoint here and there. I do intend to then start doing the dailies and Oricon storyline once I hit 55. As I hear they are the best ways to get some of the first pieces of half way decent gear to start doing hard mode flashpoints.

Also how easy is it to PUG for story mode operations at 55?

I would be grateful for any help or advice that you have. Cheers.

Grind classic operation and dailies,

Classic op armor set bonus does not stack with 55 ops armor set bonus... suggest it would not be worth grinding them (my opinion). dailies are good though.

I would get thru Makeb, it gives you good enough gear to start with. Then run dailies on illum, sec-X, etc. good XP, good cash! Run through a few flashpoints for good measure and a change form dailies, good learn them while leveling. Makeb gear is sufficient to get to 55, you don't need to spend money/CC/comms on anything else.

The instant you hit 55, go to Oricon and do the quest serious -> gets you into 66 gear (... or rating 1?? now). You should by now have a fist full of basic comms from all the dailies and Oricon, spend them on any gaps in your gear.

This is enough gear to start HM 55 FP's. Run them for elite comms (and some ultimates from the weekly). Spend the elite comms on gear, upgrading lowest slots. At this point you should be fine for story mode ops, jump into a TfB and SnV 16m run - they are relatively easy to pug. Most ppl are overgeared and just just run them for quick comms, lots of comms. Make sure you pick up the quest!! (from fleet). It gives you x2 Mass manip generators from each one to add to your stock pile to get a 78 barrel/hilt crafted. (Don't spend comms on MH weapon - build it from other bits).

First thing to spend your ultimate comms on is OH weapon. You are now geared enough for the dread story mode operations - and even these generally have pugs going quite often.

Enjoy

Edited by Oxidsed

try getting ~2000 PVP commendation before you are lv55 that way you can get your hands on Relics with the least amount of trouble.

also for your first operation (at least on our server that works) write something like: new Merc heal without much gear or knowledge looking for a story mode operation clear run. you might not get into the next group someone opens but it pretty much assures you get into a good group that knows what it's doing a relaxed atmosphere, and most likely someone who can give you some tips.

though you might also get into one that treats you as the 5th wheel dragging you along without explanations & stuff

(you'll probably still get quite some gear and, if you are quick grasping the mechanics, all the experience you need for the next time)

try getting ~2000 PVP commendation before you are lv55 that way you can get your hands on Relics with the least amount of trouble.

What he said! PVP relics are great place holders until you get some raid drops later.

Also agree on the comments re pugging raids, you will just have to be persistent until you learn each raid. you will get some very helpful ones :), also some down right lousy ones :(

Glad you found the first comments helpful ;)